It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm In the Hospital with a New Diagnosis: It’s my death sentence in a world where survival is my

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I haven't had any experience with MS. I'm not a doctor or a therapist of any kind. As I understand it MS is a disease in which the immune system starts to attack portions of the nervous system.

I have had many years experience of Buddhist meditation and also years of practicing circulating "chi" in the body in ways which are described by a person named Mantak Chia. His books are not hard to find.

As a result of these activities I have come to realize some interesting things about the body. The most important of these things is that the mind has a very big influence on some functions of the body that we normally think of as being automatic.

We are used to the idea that the mind can influence the body to wiggle its toes or extend an arm but we tend to think that only special people can control the automatic systems of the body mentally.

Sometimes we see a person with a perpetually furrowed brow, who seems to be wasting away and we know that the problem is mental or emotional and that if certain problems in the person's life were not present, that person's forehead would be clear of wrinkles, there would be a smile on the face and a healthy aspect would be present.

Sometimes emotional problems can put a permanent stoop in someone's back. Sometimes a person with a resilient positive personality can actually recover from serious illness, even having been written off by doctors.

It's a mistake in many situations to believe that the mind and its affirmations are irrelevant to physical illness.

When a yogi causes his heart and breathing to slow down or causes a wound to heal as if the skin were two pieces of velcro, we don't know precisely how this happens. All we know for sure is that the process starts with an act of will on the part of the yogi. The electro/chemical follow up to this act of will is a mystery. Scientists might be able to figure out the details of this, but the first step of this chain of causes and effects is an act of will.

There may be yogis who could subdue the activities of the immune system through a similar act of will. This type of disease, which appears to be an abnormality of the regulatory systems of the body seems to me to be the sort of thing that could possibly be influenced mentally.

We know that the brain has some capacity to rewire damaged parts of itself. We know that visual images can influence us physiologically. We can think of cells in the body as crews of workmen carrying out certain tasks. We can imagine the body as a big factory with all sorts of activities taking place, with different work crews working different shifts doing different things. We know that in the case of certain yogis, a foreman can give those crews unusual instructions and that those instructions will be carried out.

Here is a video of a man operating a machine that wraps a length of metal with tape. Wouldn't it be wonderful if a crew of worker cells in your body went to work every night wrapping your damaged nerves with myelin?

Images are important communicators in the mind.

Good luck. You will find a way. Never doubt it.

Yes, actually before I had children I used to meditate quite often. Thank you for your post!! I love visualizing energy. Now I just have to get back into practice, its been a long time...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by Starwise

Starwise, three years ago this summer when I was 37 I began to have neurological symptoms. I was an EMT, worked in the ER and I knew it could only be a few different things. An MRI confirmed what I never really thought could be real; I had brain lesions. At that point, I had sensations of virbation/electrical currents, in my hands, feet, left thigh, left arm and sometimes face. I would tire easily and had a hard time concentrating and soemtimes saying the right words. A week after the MRI I got opticneuritis and went on 1 gram/day IV steroids (probably similar to what they gave you). I later had a spinal tap that went very bad and led to two weeks of excrutiating headaches.

Anyways....while my symptoms are much milder than yours and I so far do not have any lesions on my spinal cord....I can relate. I've always been very active. At the time I was a EMT/FF, a tech in the ER, a support officer for the County, taught CPR in four different place and was raising two kids. It changed everything. I resisted. I tried to continue to work as many hours for almost a year. I finally had to admit that I couldn't handle the stress or the hours. For me, those are the two MAJOR factors for my symptoms being stirred up (sleep and stress).

I stopped volunteering as a firefighter, stopped responding as a support officer (lots of stress there) and scaled back my hours and CPR jobs. I went on a detox diet and lost over 30 lbs. THAT was huge for my health. I had always been fit but had put on weight those last couple of years after having first knee surgery and then shoulder surgery...which I think were the main catapults for the ms (I think that my mono infection was the vector some years before) My vitamin D was also bottomed out at 15, which again, I think was part of the special mix of goods that led to the lesions forming.

Three years later, I am now not working but homeschooling my daughter. I still teach CPR sometimes but other than that, I work on being a Mom and wife. I have found so much worth in that, I wonder how I ever did anything else.

You see, our life and its worth is what we make it. I have again found God and my place in this world. It wasn't how I had envisioned it and I still often struggle with my limitations (I have a lot of joint issues/arthritis). I have learned to not fear the future so much as to be thankful with what I can accomplish today. Some days it is more than others...and that's okay.

If you ever want to U2U me and talk, please don't hesitate. I'll be praying for you.
edit on 15-7-2012 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

WOW sounds like we have a lot in common! Thank you so much for your story. I also love reading your threads!! All the support from ATS members have renewed my faith that total strangers can have such a wonderful impact on your life!!!!

Today is the first day I have not had a headache upon waking!!

((((HUGS))))

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by green1
I hope you may find some answers & hopefully some real use with this link...

www.cancertutor.com...

Just a heads-up on the Cancer Tutor Website that green1 linked to above:

Webster Kehr and his site are highly recommended among many alternative practitioners from what I have read.

He mentions the Budwig Diet which I have read some good things about.

If anyone is interested in the Budwig Diet specifically, U2U me as I have spent some time researching this and have a list of excellent free resources on it.

Thank you for your continued support in this thread, I cant wait to really get a chance to go through all the info and links

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyfireautobot
fakeunwisestar was using this as a trap.. by getting all your sympathy...he was filling himself up with YOUR ENERGY let this be a lesson fellow autobots..anyone that is Negative and announces it..wants that attention for a reason!!!!!!!!!

This FELLOW HUMAN BEING has an essential human need to share with others as to release their fears, anger, surprise etc. at their unwelcome diagnosis. How easy to judge another when we haven't had the experience of the same thing! Yes they need comfort from others at this difficult time. Some people will crawl into a ball, others want to let it all out, and yes, they want others to care and to give advice. This is a basic human need...how did you miss that???

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I'm very sorry to hear what's happened to you. I can't imagine how it must feel to be told this news, and then go through the tests, and what not and still not know how its going to be addressed.

You will be in my thoughts/prayers as well. Maybe with all of us pulling for you you will conqquer this nasty disease.

Good luck, in your fight agains this,it sounds like you are doing the right things to overcome.
edit on 15-7-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnJasper

Originally posted by Starwise
My spinal fluid has confirmed: I HAVE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS……….There I said it, out loud for the world to hear and read……

If you continue putting yourself in the hands of doctors, you can guarantee that they will MANAGE your illness for the rest of your life at considerable cost to yourself and your family, even if you never have to pay a penny for any of the medicines and treatments. You may experience long periods of remission followed by short bouts of symptoms or follow a faster progression to find yourself wheelchair bound or worse. There are no medical cures for this disease. You might find relief in the many medicines used to manage the disease but eventually you will suffer side effects from the drugs for which you will be prescribed more drugs with more side effects. The farther you go into that hellhole, the harder it is to escape from it.

YES I believe you. I have seen that happen to many of my own patients!

I have a lot to absorb, A lot to change.....The people here on ATS are giving me the strength to see that I have power and I can do so much more to manage my own outcomes. I must search my heart and soul and follow my intuition in what I want to visualize and manifest!

I am starting to feel like today will be a great day!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I heard of a MD who's wife had this and it was coming on fast like yours. He decided to check the veins and arteries that go through the neck to the brain. Seems they were restricted so he took her into surgery and cleaned them out. She improved almost overnight. Problem was insufficient flow of blood to and out of the brain. While this wasn't a cure, it certainly improved the quality of her life.

Worth looking into.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by skyfireautobot
I lite this threat on fire!!!!!!!!

Enciendo este tema en el fuego

Okay?.....lite it?.....does that mean to release the energy and be rid of the negativity? As in renewal? Since fires can be cleansing, is that what you are speaking of? Curious...

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benchkey
I heard of a MD who's wife had this and it was coming on fast like yours. He decided to check the veins and arteries that go through the neck to the brain. Seems they were restricted so he took her into surgery and cleaned them out. She improved almost overnight. Problem was insufficient flow of blood to and out of the brain. While this wasn't a cure, it certainly improved the quality of her life.

Worth looking into.

Thanks for your post, I have already been checked. I'm good on that part

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Time for me to get off here. I have a Reiki Master coming in now for an aura and chakra cleansing......Then members from my UU church too.....Talk soon
XOXO Much Love and Light

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

My heart goes out to you Starwise..

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

Thank you for your replies! Reading your stories are helping me!!!!! I have wondered about environmental toxins for a while. I make my own toothpaste and deodorant for starters too!

For other posters who have offered advice, I am a nurse in a state where any illegal medical uses not deemed fit by TPTB can take away my license. I cant even go there.

Many have stated on here that I need to pull up my boot straps and get over it.Well, its kind of hard being that I am still in the hospital now and still having a crisis. This is hard on me and my family. My mind is confused and jumbled. I am overwhelmed at this moment.

So happy that it is helping you. Allow yourself to have the crisis, MS affects our mood as well so don't beat down on yourself for feeling this way. It is OK to feel less than perky going through this just don't get caught up in the negativity, cry if you need to, talk about how you feel, what fears you have for the future - seriously I am here for you if you need a wailing wall

I think the biggest change you have to commit to with this illness is the fact that you can not live everyday for a better future, you have to start living now every moment, every day. Don't build your life around what if scenarios. What needs to be done now is what is important.

Some days I wake up in the morning and I already feel like I've been through hell and back, several marathons and the end of the world. Those days I take it easy, allow myself to be a little slower that usual. I let people around me know that today - If I act out of place - is just one of those days. I don't beat myself up over petty things like knocking my shoulders into the doorway because I'm not able to judge my placing in space correctly, writing sentences that makes no sense, being unable to express myself verbally or feeling like climbing the stairs is as difficult a task as facing mount Everest.

Instead I just do the things I have to do one task at a time, allow myself as much rest as I can in between and during tasks and have as many laughs as I possibly can. (My being clumsy is a standing joke between me and my child).

I don't know if you experience sensory overload but I just recently found out it is part of the illness. Sounds, light and touch can get overwhelming at times (I find sound is the worst) so I've taught my family that to get me to be able to process what they are telling me it s better to speak softly than shout at me. And it is better to calm down (this is for my child) and stop crying before trying to tell me what is wrong because I simply will not hear the words for all the noise through sobbing. I also concentrate on one thing and one person at a time to ease the stress.

As for any physical disabilities, and relapses... deal with them as and when and remember there is nothing that says you can not have a near full recovery... but allow time and be patient.

And golden rule have fun as often as you can and stay away from unnecessary stress and negativity. If you have negative people around you kindly ask them to stay away during your recovery because frankly right now it is all about you and staying positive is key.

Much love - you will be ok.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

your reality is what you make of it please don't let others make it for you, no matter what there degrees and your medical back ground they are just people on this earth they are no one of any great power to decide your fate.
so many people are diagnosed with MS now it seams really strange at the rate of increase please do your own alternative research and add that to whatever treatment you choose the cleanliness of the body and its PH are very important to us physically and get as many energy treatments as you can

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
your story hit me hard ive seen a lot of good people go down so fast not on drugs, hard working people loveing life..it can happen to any of us,,im going to start liveing like theres no tomorrow work harder& thank God i wake up every day i dont care what this government is doing...sorry for your luck thank you for the story...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join