It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 14 2012 - National Prayer Day - to prove the GOD Partical Exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

You do realise the only reason it is called the GOD particle is because "it was so god-damn hard to find".

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sorry, but prayer isn't going to save us from economic implosions, weather disasters, wars, famine etc. It just doesn't do anything. Haven't people realized this by now? Think about it... if 'god' really cared about us so much, why would we have to ask to put an end to all the negativity in the world? Should he care enough to do it without us asking? As a matter of fact, why does this negativity exist in the first place? Anyways, I don't want to go off on a big rant here. The point being:

Prayer doesn't do anything.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I am agnostic so this type of thing, i don't believe.

But all those laughing at the idea of everyone praying at once won't do anything is quite premature.

Im not saying anythings going to happen but the princeton global consciousness project does seem to be showing that humans somehow know when a major event is going to happen(on a global sub conscious level).
just before 9/11 there was a surge of thought and emotion picked up by the projects Random Number Generators(i can barely understand this part of it so explaining would be impossible
)
As the attack took place and afterwards practically everyone everywhere were united in there fear, anguish and worry- the whole of humanity uniting was picked up!
noosphere.princeton.edu...
Maybe if millions of people united in there beliefs and almost focusing that into prayer might show up in the charts

Honestly i've lost my point, but none the less keep a open mind.

/facepalm

edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
I also love how if this was some New age mystic suggesting we all send happy thoughts on a date to see if it effected anything this thread would not have nearly the negativity it does.

Hell even asking for sending thoughts to the "aliens" For intervention would probably go over better than this thread is...

And crossing your fingers and wishing luck to the "scientists" at the Hadron Super Collider is totally ok.

Science is Religion. Listening to these clowns wax poetic about finding the next great particle is more painful than an Easter Mass run by the pope.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
All you self-proclaimed scientists declaring prayer/meditation doesn't do anything are ignoring the scientific evidence. There is absolutely an effect. It's not some magical mystery. Prayer and meditation are forms of applied and focused concentration. Not much different than what ALL top level athletes practice. There is a mountain of research and evidence that shows meditating, visualizing, prayer have an effect.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

You do realise the only reason it is called the GOD particle is because "it was so god-damn hard to find".

No, it's actually called that because it "connects all the dots" in an impossible way. Just like GOD does, and is just as "existant". And people are finding GOD every day ...

Whenever somebody tells you, that they found something ... but you need to be a rocket scientist to even begin to understand it. That "basically" means, it's a bunch of crap. In ancient times, it was banned to read the bible, except by priests and people of the church. Because ordinary men could not understand it (read interpret) correctly.

And that is just big plain piece of crap ...

Thousand of years ago, they sold you the big book "GOD, did it". Now, they're trying to sell you the sequel "How GOD did it".

And both books are part of a fantasy series.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
Didn't know the God-Damned (original name) particle was some sort of Chrisitian confirmation of something?

Religious types are a funny bunch.

Originally posted by benrl

I hate it when Christians try to be "topical"

It usually misses the mark by huge margins.

prayer yes, tying it to current media buzz to promote kinda a fail...

Generalizations much? This is just above the "name-calling" tier on the argument pyramid. In other words, try harder next time.

Not all of us believe in this #.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

No, it's actually called that because it "connects all the dots" in an impossible way. Just like GOD does, and is just as "existant". And people are finding GOD every day ...

Whenever somebody tells you, that they found something ... but you need to be a rocket scientist to even begin to understand it. That "basically" means, it's a bunch of crap. In ancient times, it was banned to read the bible, except by priests and people of the church. Because ordinary men could not understand it (read interpret) correctly.

And that is just big plain piece of crap ...

Thousand of years ago, they sold you the big book "GOD, did it". Now, they're trying to sell you the sequel "How GOD did it".

And both books are part of a fantasy series.

Read my OP, that is why it is CALLED the god particle, I am well of what it is but I'm afraid your the one with the delusions

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
In 20 mins. at 3PM Pacific and 6PM Eastern -- A concerted effort to have the maximum number of prayers said for 15 mins.

oh, and the reason we are praying today - I forgot to mention - today is Gods Day the Good God.
The Sabath, if you pray tomorrow you will be praying to the SUN God or Horus. AKA satan.
or the light giver.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Why must you guys come in and make trouble for something you supposedly don't believe in? The experiment is to get as many people praying together at once to unite the faithful.
Are you going to pray or just spread negativity?

Actually, their taking the time to actively ridicule something they claim disbelief in may be interfering with the (OP's) experiment on an "energetic" level.

(Meaning that their conscious observation and (negative) intention is an opposing force to the belief and positivity of the praying-participants) I find it ironic that such seemingly intelligent and scientifically minded skeptics would lampoon such an experiment through the end, never stopping to consider that their own mockery may have had a direct energetic impact to skew the results-- an intellectual oversight they are comfortable with, as they believe they are doing nothing!

That is why this type of experiment has to be doubt-blind; or out of the sight of the scoffer or prejudiced skeptic.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
FAIL

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyGold

Its not over yet - the fat lady has not sung - that should happen at 8PM.
the responses from emails has been over whelming and continues - seems there where haundreds of small churches holding Picnics and Cook Outs today that are still participating - as of about 2 hours ago I would estimate over 50 million prayers - Mannings email box crashed a little while later.
and just after that so did the website. I would say the response was over whelming success and it aint over yet.
a little over an hour to go - see if you cant squeeze in a few more prayers for good measure.
edit on 14-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The poor fools trying to cash in on the Higg's gig. Wanna be tourists desperately seeking answers and fake claims to fame. Their prayers wont help them and most likely have no idea about the finer details of particle physics. Just another bunch of gods groupies shooting up salvation.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I wish some people would read the whole thread. and no one is cashing in on anything here.
unless you consider freedom liberty and persuit of happiness treasure ... I believe it is priceless.
and have you found GOD Mr. Scholar >? < I would like to hear what you found.

You would be shocked to find something in Fractals .... can you please point to the begining of a fractual for me.
is a particle the same as everything > ? < Mr. Scholar what do you call something that is the smallest the same as the largest.... > ? < ---- The GOD P A R T I C A L

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
The god particle does not imply god. Sorry to tell you.

And then...

Originally posted by mainidh
It is an all encompassing concept that it is the cause of matter. Not you or I. But what we're made of.

So close!

Namaste.

edit on 2012/7/14 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
Tomorrow,
July 14, 2012 -
The Largest Quantum Mechanics Experiment in history will take place. We are going to prove the GOD Partical exists. for the last 60 days we have been monitoring the state of power grabbing by governent, we have a trend line established and we are going to change its direction. and in the next 60 days we will be monitoring for any prayers the GOD Partical may bestow on America, and deliver us from this evil - Please pray for gods help to save our nation - a minimum of 5 times throughout the day tomorrow.

over 14 million people will participate in National Prayer Day - where we will ask the creator to deliver us from this evil.

America Thanks You for participating,

I watched the video and even looked at their website. No where there do they talk about the Higgs Boson. What makes you think this has anything to do with it? To me, it seems just like another church gathering and prayer like they always do on Sunday. And why just for America? How self-centered. You really think the world would be better off if just the states became pure and cleansed? Not bloody likely. The fact they want to pray for America really pisses me off. So myopic and temporary.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I like seeing more and more people following the example of Diogenes of Sinope.

World, Solar, Universal, Infinity Citizen works way better for me too.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Read the wiki. Yes, I suppose you're right. Perhaps I have a cosmopolitan outlook as well then. Seems not much has changed then.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

yeaaa gonna guess that one was over your head, well leave it there.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I wish some people would read the whole thread. and no one is cashing in on anything here.
unless you consider freedom liberty and persuit of happiness treasure ... I believe it is priceless.
and have you found GOD Mr. Scholar >? < I would like to hear what you found.

You would be shocked to find something in Fractals .... can you please point to the begining of a fractual for me.
is a particle the same as everything > ? < Mr. Scholar what do you call something that is the smallest the same as the largest.... > ? < ---- The GOD P A R T I C A L

I love language, and consider language to be one of our primary methods of manipulating reality. I tend to dissect language when words are presented to me. What is interesting about the statement "nothing is real" is that while it is clearly a statement of words, it is also a mathematical statement:

0=R

Where "R" is "real" or "reality". In this format, the mathematical statement is for the most part the same as the verbal statement. However, with the equation something deeper is revealed. "R" represents a variable concept, arguably what "reality" essentially is. 0, however, is a constant value...the lack of value or nil. This suggests that "reality" is in fact a non-state, a state of emptiness. All other concepts...all other values, thus become "unreal". Having value negates the "reality" of item or event in question, according to the equation 0="R".

But, let us take the statement "nothing is real" a step further. The word "nothing" is actually a contraction of two words, "no" and "thing", each with a distinct meaning. "No" is essentially "anti", "non", "none", or the reversal of some state. "Thing" is essentially a variable has yet to be defined, but is a variable in a state of being. Mathematically, the equation changes:

-X=R

Where "X" is the variable concept "thing" and "R" is the variable concept "reality". A deeper concept reveals itself. "Thing" is a state of being. "Reality" thus becomes the state of non-being. Any other state of being becomes "unreal"...a delusion of perception.

Lets consider some other philosophical arguments regarding "reality".

R=>0<

This is meant to represent the idea that "reality is everything", but my keyboard lacks an infinity symbol. This idea of course creates a paradox; for "reality" to be everything, it would need to also be everything that is "unreal". All concepts, delusions, imaginings, become "real" and all definition becomes pointless. We would thus find that:

>0

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join