It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 14 2012 - National Prayer Day - to prove the GOD Partical Exists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
I prayed for a miracle once... and all I got was this lousy banana...

edit on 14-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

There are surgeries for this complication

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

for the last 60 days we have been monitoring the news stories and ranking them through a clipping service - giving 30 articles at a time to each of 25 people (with 50% being duplicate articles) having them rate each article as to the degree of damage to the republic on a scale of 0 to 100.

these people are all over the age of 70, they all claim to be christian and all go to churches with less than 10 people. currently they have rated 332 articles - which rating we have plotted on scale of 0 - 100. the chart started at 48 and now sits at 81. so if there is an effect we should see a declining trend line if prayer is what controls this GOD Particle as suggested in the Bible.
edit on 14-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I'm a little confused. I didn't watch the video but I have no idea what prayer has to do with the god particle. The "God Particle" was actually supposed to be named the "God-Damn Particle" because it was so hard to find. But, in a turn of events it got shortened to god particle.

This explanation to the origins of the word should really make people rethink the whole matter and how it relates to religion, or more specifically, how it doesn't.

We can thank the Nobel prize-winning physicist Leon Lederman, and his 1993 popular science book, for the catchy nickname.

He wanted to put the Higgs particle at the heart of modern theoretical physics as something that could explain why matter has mass and why, therefore, it comes together to form atoms, molecules, planets and people.

He also pointed out that his publishers rejected his preferred title of "Goddamn particle" (in recognition of its elusiveness) in favour of "God particle".

Peter Higgs has always despised the term, but it stuck.

Million other sources out there for you if you wish to look....

edit on 14-7-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Why must you guys come in and make trouble for something you supposedly don't believe in? The experiment is to get as many people praying together at once to unite the faithful.
Are you going to pray or just spread negativity?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Ok I had to sign in to flag this post, I have written a prayer for today but I will not post it as it has alot of personal details and I'm beginning to not trust this site.
Anyways, keep spreading the message. It's being censored and scoffed at by the unbelievers so you are doing something right.
Take care guys. Not sure how much I'll be coming here anymore.
Peace

Classic. He who doth laugh upon my sayings of gods and spirits, must indeed be the devil. And I shall refrain from dwelling in his abode.

*sound of door shutting*

"We gots him my pretties, we gots him good. muwahahahaha *choke cackle cough*"

Must hurt - the daylight where evil people live?

What is your purpose for trolling this thread? Is it just an automatic function? Are you in a trance?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I also love how if this was some New age mystic suggesting we all send happy thoughts on a date to see if it effected anything this thread would not have nearly the negativity it does.

Hell even asking for sending thoughts to the "aliens" For intervention would probably go over better than this thread is...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

for the last 60 days we have been monitoring the news stories and ranking them through a clipping service - giving 30 articles at a time to each of 25 people (with 50% being duplicate articles) having them rate each article as to the degree of damage to the republic on a scale of 0 to 100.

these people are all over the age of 70, they all claim to be christian and all go to churches with less than 10 people. currently they have rated 332 articles - which rating we have plotted on scale of 0 - 100. the chart started at 48 and now sits at 81. so if there is an effect we should see a declining trend line if prayer is what controls this GOD Particle as suggested in the Bible.
edit on 14-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

Wait, okay mate so you are using some sort of media metric to try to gauge the existence of god?

What are these articles being rated on and what do the ratings mean? I take it from your post that the higher the number the worse whatever you are measuring is, but how does that play out?

I am a member of the media myself, and I can tell you that media metrics are not at all a good indicator of how a society is doing. There will always be alarmists, trying to sell their media product through fear of the world going to hell. We've got quite a thriving news paper industry here in the UK based entirely upon that. If you read the Daily Mail for a month I am sure you would think that we're all going to be killed in our sleep by any number of evils, but that is just how they sell their particular form of idiocy.

News is written by people, and those people are usually out to make money. Even the organizations that are not supposed to have profit motive still have bias of various kinds. Also you are in an election year. As a result your nation's media is even crazier than usual.

I have to question your procedure here, it seems very arbitrary and prone to groupthink. I think you need a better way to measure a divine force. Especially since all of the people partaking in this are of a specific and very insular mindset already.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I prayed for a miracle once... and all I got was this lousy banana...

edit on 14-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

When bananas become extinct you will look back and see that it was indeed a miracle.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I try not to delve into religious beliefs here on ATS. With that said the most important thing in my life is God and all else revolves around that. This is an insult, and an affront, to God. Quite disgusting.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
I try not to delve into religious beliefs here on ATS. With that said the most important thing in my life is God and all else revolves around that. This is an insult, and an affront, to God. Quite disgusting.

Ah well, I wouldn't take it personal. It's just "business" as usual and sometimes it just reaches a certain point where you have to question sanity or sobriety of the raving individual.

Something positive will manifest from this thread or prayer day anyways
That upsets some people which is strange

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

What I found insulting was equating the Higgs Boson to God, suggesting they are the same thing. With that, I am done with this thread! I will pray for the OP.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
not to offend anybody, but the irony of christians wanting to worship the higgs boson is insane.

we deny it!

"well i just proved it!"

we prayed it here!

you couldnt write that!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Manning is such a joke.

I don't take anything he says seriously

Take heed how you respond. You don't know me.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Christians never denied the Higgs-Boson. It has nothing to do with Christianity.

They are also not saying they prayed it here. As rediculous as the OP is, you don't need to make stuff up.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

What I found insulting was equating the Higgs Boson to God, suggesting they are the same thing. With that, I am done with this thread! I will pray for the OP.

Manning said that? He says alot of questionable things

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

The OP did the OP is praying to the god particle, like an idol. He is asking the god particle to answer his prayer.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The OP did the OP is praying to the god particle, like an idol. He is asking the god particle to answer his prayer.

Yeah that video cuts out at 234 so i thought I missed something. I will write in something for the OP as well.
Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think we are also still just guessing in terms of identifying the impact this discovery will have on humanity or earth in general.
We should pray that these new discoveries aren't used for nefarious purposes

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I prayed to god once.

All I got was a lousy tee shirt.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Hmmm a new religion based on the 'God' Particle.....That's novel....Well I suppose it does have one thing going for it...Unlike all of the other Deities, we have a 5-sigma level rating that it actually exists!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The so called "God" Particle has NOTHING to do with God. Op you have obviously missed something here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join