It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Borger of the guardian Crys Wolf,US manipulation of news from Syria is a red herring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

The big picture is clear. A slaughter is under way in Syria, largely carried out by government forces and militias

US manipulation of news from Syria is a red herring

Another example of Westren mainstream news outlets siding with the rebel agenda in Sryia and thus this there saying of taking the damage control.

He calls the take over by the Bilderberg group in particular as plain silly is his best use of words?
this is just rich.

The drumbeat of insinuation about US manipulation builds to a climax near the end where Skelton has a one-line paragraph declaring: "The bombs doors are open. The plans have been drawn up." What? How did we get from Syrians who once worked on US-based thinktanks to imminent war? I clicked on the link from the words "The plans have been drawn up" and it took me to a paper by the Brookings Institution (another Washington thinktank) on policy options for ... Iran.

The hints and nods towards conspiracy are scattered through the piece. He has a line claiming: "And let's not forget, whatever destabilisation has been done in the realm of news and public opinion is being carried out twofold on the ground." A link takes you to a report that Mossad, Blackwater and the CIA all "led operations in Homs". It is sourced to al-Manar, an affiliate of Hezbollah.

The hints and nods towards conspiracy are scattered through the piece. He has a line claiming: "And let's not forget, whatever destabilisation has been done in the realm of news and public opinion is being carried out twofold on the ground.

The case against the named SNC officials seems especially weak. Take the case of Bassma Kodmani, a member of the SNC executive bureau. Before the revolt, she worked for a variety of thinktanks, such as the Council of Foreign Relations, which Skelton describes as "a powerful US lobby group". This is a needlessly sinister description of America's most prestigious foreign policy talking shop and research centre, which is fairly centrist and does not push in any particular direction. It has lots of scholars, with widely different views of the world, doing their own things.

And the hypocrite attacks the Serbs again, read this for yourselves.

To appreciate how specious Skelton's approach is, all you have to do is apply it to other situations. In Kosovo, a lot of fighters in the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) were complete rogues, including smugglers and car thieves. But that did not and does not change the fact Serb forces executed thousands of civilians there. To have focused exclusively on the KLA's shortcomings would have somewhat missed the point.

But that did not and does not change the fact Serb forces executed thousands of civilians there. To have focused exclusively on the KLA's shortcomings would have somewhat missed the point.

But that did not and does not change the fact that Kosovo is now a safe heaven for terrosits,drug smugglers and its killing serbs in the north, but wait Borget wont care at all.

You would be wasting your time. Even if I had been paid or programmed to falsify everything I write about Syria, my controllers would be powerless to alter people's perceptions of what is going on there. The news is streaming out by Skype, emails and satellite phones, and in the testimony of refugees. We rely heavily on our correspondents on the ground to gather information directly inside Syria. They do not spend much if any time on the phone to SNC spokespeople in Washington. Likewise most of the reports on the latest butchery in Tremseh came not from the SNC, but from rebels and activists in the area, and are treated for the time being as unconfirmed.

Sounds like the article The Syrian opposition: who's doing the talking? hit a nerve

Mod Edit: URL correction and external quote tags used. Please see Using external content on ATS. Thank you - Jak
edit on 14/7/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Heres the better link.
Source

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I like this term from Charlie Skelton

. . . the Anglo-American opposition creation business.
guardian
Looks like an editorial war between different staff writes for The Guardian, with Charlie exposing who the "opposition spokespersons" are, and Borger is doing the damage control.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Funny how Borger starts his article with "Another day, another massacre in Syria." He then links to an article about the Tremseh massacre which has already been exposed as another piece of "activist-disinformation". - See this source. www.bbc.co.uk...

From there on Borger's article takes a turn downwards. Nonetheless I think this is a valuable article. I encourage everyone to read the whole article with a critical mind. I found it was a good excercise. Borger uses quite a number of dirty tactics to discredit and marginalize Skelton's article without dealing with its content.

A useful aid to spot such dirty tactics is The Gentleman's Guide to Forum Spies

new topics

top topics

join