It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Like Us are Vocal, How To help Others From Drunk Dialing :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
So I have a friend who was asking if I knew away to block calls. I thought she meant block them from coming in, but she meant from going OUT!!

Shes going through a bad break up, and has a habit of calling when she is not always in he best "condition". SO I figured where else to find awesome advice then here.

So if you have any advice besides the usual... Like dont drink, or dont let it bother you, she tried it, I looked online but couldn't find anything, its not the incoming calls, but the outgoing.

Peace, NRE.

BTW, I wrote in the title "People Like US" because I feel like sometimes we go through the same thing with research, and figured some of us may have figured out a way that might help

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Dad used to hide his keys before he went out to drink. Stopped drinking when he woke up in a tree?

Have her get the other to block her calls, sometime, when she's sober.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I don't think there is a way im afraid.
But if she lives close enough then maybe offer to hold on to her phone?
I know probably not the best idea but luckily with have what 250 000member here on ATS?
and you know what they say
"250 000 heads is better then 2!!"

SN: Break ups are always hard
thats why when im with a girl know matter what, i do not break up with her.
I just wait untill she is fed up with me. works every time.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I know of no technology that can help your friend. But, she could get a small jewelry type box that has a combo lock on it. Put a sign on the lid that says...*don't do it, you'll feel like an idiot tomorrow*. When she knows she's going to over imbibe, lock her cell phone in it, and put the box in a drawer.

Des

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I think anything along those lines would fall under the 'Parental Control' category and I'm not being insulting or anything, I'm being literal. If she's on VOIP or Cable then software that would possibly effect it would be under that heading. Either of those can also be controlled easily enough by electronic AC control, but that is a rather total solution for IN as well as out during a pre-defined time period. Probably very unwise there if she's alone and getting drunk. Been there too much a long time ago.... I'm not sure what else an adult can set up that can't obviously be undone by the same adult?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I live 1600 miles away so I cant do much, but I know that usually she doesn't even remember, until its too late. I want to help as in my "oblivious to love" days I would do the same.

Thanks btw for the suggestions

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Hi there! There are actually a ton of apps out there for just this purpose. Just google 'phone lock app drunk dialing' and you will get quite a list.

I had a friend who had a habit of Drunk Tweeting. LifeHacker solved that problem for him. _javascript:icon('
')

An example Article

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
how are you doing?

I HATE YOU..... you think because you buy your PINEAPPLES, THAT YOUR SO SWEET.

BUT YOU WRONG.... because she said so.

and IM SORRY. i forgive you, because when you buyed the pineaple IT WAS SO GOOD.

I LOVE YOU..... lets eat some pizza some tiymr

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

This is why we cant talk.....all you do is make a scene about your STUPID pineapples

If I didnt love you so much I would leave you!!!!!

OK I love you!!!

Who is going to pick up the pineapples LOL

Thanks Guys, NRE.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

This is why we cant talk.....all you do is make a scene about your STUPID pineapples

If I didnt love you so much I would leave you!!!!!

OK I love you!!!

Who is going to pick up the pineapples LOL

Thanks Guys, NRE.

lol pineapple pizza

^_^

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
They say the truth comes out when you are drunk. I think maybe sometimes this is true. If you have something to say to someone then say it to them while sober - get it out, deal with it, get over it. Then you won't do it while drunk and have no control. Good luck with that and who knows once you deal with the issues you may not want to take your drinking to the drunk stage, or alternatively, you will make such a big fool of yourself that you will stop getting drunk.

top topics

join