It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small forest fire started a few KM away from my house..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ok Now I know that there are far worst fires going on here and there and that this might be nothing in comparisson but it's really close to home and wanted to share.

A small forest fire started a few KM away from my house yesterday and the fire dept was able to maintain it within a few hours. That is amazing work
As soon as it was reported, they contacted the ""Société de Protection des Forêts contre le feu(SOPFEU)"" sorry its in french but Im in quebec and this is local news. Basicaly you could call it the Forest Fire Prenvention Agency....And two CL-415 were deployed as well as a chopper with 4 firemen,plus the "ground troops". They did amazing work to stop it at 300 metres from the nearest houses and only 5000 square feet of woods burned!!

Its good to see them react this fast to prevent what could have been devastating for our town!

I just wanted to share as I find this remarkable

For those that can read french here is the link to the article.

It was quite nerve wreaking. we did not have much info at the time so we were a bit worried of course, no one was hurt and thats the most important.

now if we could get some rain...It would be great!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Lucky they were able to put a stop to it.
Some people weren't so lucky.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I know
there are so many going on right now that are far worst...

this case was really close , we could smell it pretty bad!! was maybe 3 km away max

Glad they stopped it in time though!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
One in Quebec too? There was a fire in Ottawa as well...

Ottawa Fire

I believe they've put it out by now, but it seems to me fires are sprouting up everywhere! I know, I know "Forest fires happen every year!", but I've personally never seen fires on this scale before. We still have another month of summer to get through! Better get some rain in North America soon!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the pics and story. It is amazing how a couple of people can make a difference in a big fire.

Did you get to see the waterbombers in action? They are pretty facinating to watch.
(as long as nobody gets hurt)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing news that had this happy ending. I'm very glad for this outcome. It is remarkable to see what those planes are capable of.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

I was only able to see them fly by but not while they were dumping the water...you are right though, it is awesone to see this kinda work in action...without incident to anyone of course!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Saphira

yes I heard of this one...They were able to contain it Friday AM aparently?!

i just heaerd (through a friend on FB) that there is another one started near "Lac Cayamen" about 2.5 hrs north of ottawa. She said that there was talk of evacuation but i havent heard anything in a couple ,of hours...If I hear more, I will post it here!!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
reply to post by Saphira

yes I heard of this one...They were able to contain it Friday AM aparently?!

i just heaerd (through a friend on FB) that there is another one started near "Lac Cayamen" about 2.5 hrs north of ottawa. She said that there was talk of evacuation but i havent heard anything in a couple ,of hours...If I hear more, I will post it here!!

Just heard back....the fire was put out and the evecuation did not take place. Again without infury, thanks God!!

top topics

join