It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal Torment In Hell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by article

Where are you? When are you? Locate yourself.
You are here and now always and you are aware of the stories arising because stories (thoughts) can only happen now. Nothing is happening any other time because there is no other time, all is arising presently. You are the awareness that is aware of this.
Watch the thoughts arise the same as you hear the car go past. There seems to be exterior noise and 'interior' noise, the 'interior' noise is thoughts and sensation but all is arising now. There is only the present and stories appear out of it. You are not doing the thinking, thinking happens and you can watch the thoughts appear and disappear. You are what never appears or disappears, you are what make all appearances and disappearances possible.

edit on 15-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by article

When you see that the past and future do not exist except in a thought and that thought does not exist except as a passing experience and only you heard it! Where is that thought?? Has it any substance? Can a thought appear without you?

Humans are separated from what is real because they are obsessed with their thinking. Thinking is a splitting from what is right before your eyes, not many see what is before them because the mind (thinking) is constantly trying to improve what is present into something more appealing. 'This', what is present is not enough for humans, they always want more. The 'wanting' is what removes one from God.
God gave us all this but for man it is not enough so he listens to the beast that promises (decieves) more.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by jhill76

If I taught them better, then there would be no act.

Understood. But, many can argue, you did the best you could, and the child still paved his own path.

I believe this is perfectly true.

My parents taught me MANY lessons. Many which I live by today. In my years, I have broken many of those lessons and chose not to follow some since they didnt seem to apply to me. But, still, there were things I KNEW my parents would kill me over, that i did anyways.

EVERYONE has free will. Everyone has their choices. Everyone's own fault is their own. If someone off's a teacher in some 3rd world country school and also here in the states at the same time, some would think that it's justified in one and not the other based on wether or not they person was educated. If not... Oh yeah, I see why he did that.. If so, "what a beast! Burn in hell! You knew better!".

In truth, we have no clue what goes on in another persons head unless they tell us and ARE being truethful. You'd still not know for sure because you're relying on others information and not your own first hand experiance.

We have no idea what makes some people do some things... We can guess it had something to do with whatever may have happened in their life. It might have not even been a big trigger or even a violent one. Everyone thinks uniquly. Whats real to me may not be to someone else.

So parents can not be the blame in all cases. Sure, if you dont raise your kids... But even if you do, are you sure they wont kill you in your sleep? How do you know? Do you really believe that they understood everything you said as an adult to a child?

I read an article last night about color perception. Whats blue to you may actually be red to me.

the only thing sure in life is that we are alive and we will die at some point. I guess we really wont know untill that time comes.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yup man will be cast into the lake of fire and die and not eternal, but you cease to exist, I don't want to go out like that.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by benrl

Yup man will be cast into the lake of fire and die and not eternal, but you cease to exist, I don't want to go out like that.

I would have to assume that that is not completely true if you follow scripture.

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

According to this verse it seems to be implied that those who recieve the mark and worship the beast and his image are in for the long haul.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Revelation 20:11-15

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosover was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

I appears some will be cast into the lake of fire after final judgement takes place.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

Your right anyone follows and worships him, satanists and take him as their God.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
so I have to believe in him to have eternal life?

So he would turn his back on those that don't believe in him.

This can't be true.

The bible tried to explain eternal life. It failed.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Yeah and i think its interesting to note that a lot of Christians visit hell more than say an atheist in a nde....why is this when studying nde's? Belief in it and belief you may not have been good enough? I dont know.
r

You have to remember , a lot more Christians are taught that they are sinful and only deserve hell even if they try to do good, and the only reason why they won't go there if they are lucky is because of Jesus.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So, if you don't burn in hell forever, where do you actually go?

I do not know where a religious person would go, I fail to understand how their minds work on these matters. I know that the default place is a place of rest and of fellowship, and is a reflection of Earth, only pristine and clean. There, whatever you think, is real, right then, instantly. You are surrounded with whomever you wish, and do what you wish, and stay as long as you wish, and leave when you wish. The concepts of Heaven and Hell are religious concepts, and do not apply in the higher dimensions. The Afterlife is for all.
I got this from two sources, one, my Grandfather who passed over in 1962, and the other was a long time friend. Both appeared to be about 33, and in perfect health. Also, I had an NDE myself. Of course, you can choose not to believe me, and think the way you wish, and that is OK. I just know where I'm going, and what to do upon arrival there. I wish everyone did, but sadly, most are completely unprepared, and expecting something else altogether.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by article

Where are you? When are you? Locate yourself.
You are here and now always and you are aware of the stories arising because stories (thoughts) can only happen now. Nothing is happening any other time because there is no other time, all is arising presently. You are the awareness that is aware of this.
Watch the thoughts arise the same as you hear the car go past. There seems to be exterior noise and 'interior' noise, the 'interior' noise is thoughts and sensation but all is arising now. There is only the present and stories appear out of it. You are not doing the thinking, thinking happens and you can watch the thoughts appear and disappear. You are what never appears or disappears, you are what make all appearances and disappearances possible.

Im sorry man but I dont think I understood any of this
Not picking, I'm serious. I still dont see how it relates to breaking free of a lie and understanding truth. You would still have to see something beyond if you're going to walk towards it, otherwise you might just walk yourself in a circle.

I do find some belief in there is no past, no present, no future. In some weird way, it seems like everything happens at once and we're meerly going through the predestined motions that somehow the universe always knew of. Every step. Should there be a chance that something changes, even slight, the reality continues to go on in that manner. Though, I dont believe in multiple universes or dimensions going on all at the same time, I can and somehow feel that this Omnipotent being has already seen all of the directions we would have taken and knows well the one we will take, because humans are so predictable. Sides, if he knows us better than we know the backs of our own hands, I'm sure he would know the outcome before we even make the choice. The joy of it is.. Even then, we can still make a diffrence, a change in our original choices that we have not made yet.

Yeah, sounds like ramblings of a madman, but in my head, it makes clear sense to me. The reason behind it... Well, I dont have a clue. Least I dont think I do.

But some way, I feel every one of us can exist outside of this time, but not on our own. When does a worm realise he's in an apple and not in a pear? If you're in space, millions of light years from any planet, and you have no instruments... which way is up? Does it matter? We can know, but to know we have to be led. I seriously dont think we can just figure all this our on our own. We've not done very well so far. I dont think wrld history has gone more than 15 years without war. Such a people couldnt possibly be smart enough to overcome such petty things when we have more starving people in our country, but we prefer to give to children across the globe (Give to all children) before even considering how bad off kids are here. It would be an excuse of... "Well, they're free to work here... and they can get jobs.." but the point is still missed by excuse.

Today, excuses trump all.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yeah and i think its interesting to note that a lot of Christians visit hell more than say an atheist in a nde....why is this when studying nde's? Belief in it and belief you may not have been good enough? I dont know.

I too have noticed this, MamaJ, it seems that only Christians and the Devout ever see, or experience Hell. I have read some doozies too. Like THIS one. I have come to believe most of these visions of Hell are nothing more than cultural memories from years of conditioning.

To the Membership:
How about you, Friend? Have visions of Hell Fire firmly in your mind, do you? Imagine people in there that you know, or know of? Have it firmly cemented in your brain if you mess up, even a little bit, you yourself will end up there? Then I feel sorry for you. I might also suggest you remove that from your mindset right away, by any means possible. From the second you pass into Death, whatever you think of become your reality. Do you see my point here?
It also seems that Devout Christians are the only ones who see and experience, or get possessed by what they call Demons. From my standpoint, this is clear. Religions try to provide hope to their followers, hope of a Heavenly Afterlife. This in itself is a good thing, then why is it that most religions use the fear of punishment to get their members to do things? Things like joining a Church, being "Baptised," "taking Communion," "supplicating yourself," and so on.
You are introduced to a book and told it is the authentic word of God himself, faithfully translated from the "Original Tongues." You are strictly warned against any study of any other Religion, or Teaching, warned that this is all "Satanic." The truth is, ANY ideology can be used for brainwashing people, as can bee seen by such men as Jim Jones. I wouldn't go so far as to say all Christians brainwashed, but some of them clearly are. But then people who always have a cell phone in their hands is also Brainwashed, don't believe me? Observe a few of them when they receive a call or text.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

How it going auto, It's not just Christians but atheists and it's anyone who don't believe and I've read some and seen videos of atheists in hell and now they atheists now. Right now people are only being shown visions because of the direction they are going with their lives and their is no one in hell at the moment. They are being shown this because to warn others to show them the errors in that life and will surely die in the lake of fire and cease to exist. Every one knows everyone is sleeping in their graves and only the fallen angels walk around as spirits and nothing else. No one in hell and In heaven.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

While I tend to go for a literal view of the Bible, that's the 1 book that is almost completely word pictures. I can't take anything in it, nearly, at face value.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfLight96

And there are also Atheists and Non-Christians that do not see hell, therefore, it is not about the standards described in the bible.

"Fallen Angels" , people call these spirits, meanwhile most are worshiping a being that wanted to destroy the planet for not receiving "enough" worship....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That is incorrect. I see just as many Athiest seeing hell as anyone else. Usually, the videos relating to such, are usually not believers. Believers do get a glimps of both.. not just one, unless there is a point to it.

Cant say i believe much if not most of these.

Still, it's not as one sided as you claim. Youtube it. I just did before I said my peace here, which I assumed to be the case since I've seen these before.

Do a lil leg work here and you'll find the same conclusion.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492

Originally posted by WarriorOfLight96
reply to post by benrl

I would have to assume that that is not completely true if you follow scripture.

Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

According to this verse it seems to be implied that those who recieve the mark and worship the beast and his image are in for the long haul.

Of course, Revelation 14:11 can be interpreted to mean that "the smoke of their torment" means just that, the smoke or their destruction, as they die in the lake of fire. The "no rest day nor night" simply means that they will not enter the millennium rest.

Everything hinges on your view of God: just, merciful, or loving. A just God throws you into the Hell of Dante (a fiction writer, not a theologian), a merciful God kills you quickly, as the Seventh-Day Adventists believe, but a loving God (and we know that God is love, even SDA's admit it) punishes and restores, a major theme of the Holy Bible. Further, is the lake of fire for punishment, destruction, or (bet you never thought of this before) for purification? God often describes Himself in terms of a refining fire. I believe the lost will be purified in the lake of fire, and that the destruction is only apparent and temporary. At some future time, God will resurrect them, restore them, and glorify them. I cannot prove it theologically, but it is implied by God's character and intent.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Of course, Revelation 14:11 can be interpreted to mean that "the smoke of their torment" means just that, the smoke or their destruction, as they die in the lake of fire. The "no rest day nor night" simply means that they will not enter the millennium rest.

Why didn't I think of that before?

The destruction of death, torment and hell being the eternal smoke as a reminder that it was all done away with.

As humans, it's hard for us to remember that in heaven there is no "night" and in hell there is no "day", as that will be done away with too.

Thanks for your contributions to this thread, Lazarus Short! That was very enlightening!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yeah and i think its interesting to note that a lot of Christians visit hell more than say an atheist in a nde....why is this when studying nde's?

Hear ya, MamaJ. I have noticed this too. I had my own NDE, and did not see anything like the Christians describe. but of course my own mind is open to all possibilities, and not closed to all but one possibility. I think that is the key, too. If you believe in Hell fire, and have a picture of it firmly in your mindset, then, friend, hate to be the one to tell you, but you will probably get to visit there when you pass.

I once had a waking dream, or perhaps a vision of future events. I saw a Desert scene in the Middle East I believe, and there were many oil wells pumping, and lots of activity. I heard a giant Earthquake, and then saw the whole oil field collapse into a giant hole, and sparks and fire came up from the hole as the oil burned.
I have often wondered why this was shown me.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by article

In truth, we have no clue what goes on in another persons head unless they tell us and ARE being truethful. You'd still not know for sure because you're relying on others information and not your own first hand experiance.

I believe, based on my reading of many NDE stories, that these people are not all lying. This is just like those who had had the UFO experience. The experiencer know what they saw is real, but no one else does. I had my own NDE, lasted for some time. I saw things that I have spoken about only a few times, simply because what I was is unbelievable to most people. What I saw was machinery controlling the whole process. Otherworldly machinery.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join