It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I refuse to fight anymore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Sure. I will break your fists with my head. Sound like fun?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think it's working a bit. Not overnight. I'm not going to stand there and watch a little old lady get beaten up if I can help her. I'm not going to get beaten up for walking down the street. I'm not going to reason with someone shooting at me.

I think it's important to be as non violent as possible, but I will certainly get violent if it will help someone in need, or myself. I will always try to use the least amount of force possible, but I would kill someone given some awful situation. I carry a gun, am absolutely terrified that someday I might have to use it, but would rather be able to protect someone or myself than watch an innocent person lose their life.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Dont give up so easily.

You have to fight.

Live RIGHTLY, but never be afraid to stand your ground.

Always keep fighting.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

What if fighting is the worst thing? What has fighting gotten us so far?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by TKDRL

Dont give up so easily.

You have to fight.

Live RIGHTLY, but never be afraid to stand your ground.

Always keep fighting.

Agree. Sometimes fisticuffs are in order.

I actually find the bystanders that do nothing while someone is being assaulted as guilty as the one doing the assaulting. Calling the cops and screaming 'stop' isn't going to keep someone from getting brutally beaten, killed etc. Sometimes a the best way to keep someone from being killed/damaged for life is to beat a little ass. What's worse? Getting violent or letting a violent person harm someone else?

OP I think this is a bit of a cry for help and that whatever happened you want to talk about. You're anonymous here, you can talk. There will probably be some jackasses, but sometimes it's good to just let it out.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I will tell it to you like I have been told by others much wiser than myself,

You fight the shadow. You hunt the evil. You attempt to eradicate it. For peace will not fall upon earth until it is dealt with accordingly.

Your hopes and wishes and dreams are that of what we all dream. Throughout not just this world, but all realities. The star stuff we are all made of.

That does not mean, we still must not travel the experiences we must - to true enlightenment.

Sucks. But there it is. We are where we are at. Weather it. Your children, grandchildren, great anything, nieces and nephews depend upon YOUR common sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I will respectfully disagree, my friend.

Where would we be had we not faught the Nazis, where would the world be if intollerance, no matter what the form, were accepted as the norm?  

A just cause is one worth fighting for.  If its right and you know its right then fighting is righteous. 

It goes against the human nature to lay it down, and quit.  I speak from humbling experience when i say this; if you are literally or figuratively backed into a corner and feel like giving up, dismiss that initial fear and fight.  

There is still honor in the fight, so long as its not the fight that you seek honor in.  The reason... The choice to do what is right.  Thats what truly matters.  That is what can endure, that is where you must prevail.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

The nazis would have never came to be, if not for us fighting, defeating, and putting crazy losses on germany in WW1. WW2 happened, because of the mentality of WW1. The axis of evil was oppressed hard due to the outcome of WW1. Hitler might have resided in any of the "good guys countries" had the reverse happened.

edit on Fri, 13 Jul 2012 23:29:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Fight a shadow, and you will end up punching an innocent wall. The wall might retaliate.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I agree with the factuality of what your saying. Thats what the history buffs wrote and it is accurate.

Lets ignore that completely though because whats behind you is already done and spoken for. Whats in front of you is nothing but opportunity and what matters most is what you are doing right now. Hind sight is twenty/twenty after all.

The ancients recognized a very simple truth. There is good, and there is evil. There is also a grey area in between where what is evil may ultimately, also be good but for now that also DOESNT matter.

What truly matters to me is that a fellow human sounds like s/he is in a losing battle and that you should know there are pele around tou, virtually and realistically, who are willing to listen and offer something that may be helpful.
. Its good to fight when the time comes and it is needed.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Fight a shadow, and you will end up punching an innocent wall. The wall might retaliate.

I love semantics, as of course, each and all have value. This still doesn't mean that retaliation is or is not necessary. Despite misunderstandings. If you don't fight against what is wrong, how is it that you are protecting the innocent? If you can't have values to teach your young, how is it they know when to stand and fight?

These are important philosophical concepts, you know. So long as there is mankind, proclaiming themselves all-knowing, we will have the world we have now. Each an every nation, proclaiming their concept on truth is correct....instead of humbly coming together for advancement...

May the heavens open up and save us...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I understand the reasoning behind not fighting. I also know for a fact that many good people through out history have gotten killed because they wouldn't fight. As adamantly as I believe that the spiritual path will guide us harmoniously into the celestial abode and that non violence can be a poweful statement... I also dont want to rush to meet my end. Here again is an example of why the fight is just. Its your fundamental, most basic human right to survive, and to thrive.

Does the feral beast hesitate to kill its attacker? Does a lion feel sympathy for the antelope its fights and destroys?

You are still a mamal. You can always fight, when its justified.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Who gets to define what is wrong and should be fought against? Even here, stuff that I feel is wrong in my heart, I am a minority. I have been standing my ground here, arguing what I think is right, not a whole lot agree with me.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

People have been slaughtered for fighting, people have been slaughtered for not fighting . I would rather be slaughtered for not taking part in the violent status quo.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Best of luck with that!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Thank you. Best of luck in your endevors as well

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
If everyone just stopped working and marched to Washington telling them "hey, we're done working for you, now you work for me!" I wonder how well that would work? We live in the 21st century and still, to this day we fight wars for the children that have a bad temper at the top. Muslim? That's fine, but the radical leaders change how it's all done and how laws should be changed and the Koran needs to be changed as well. Jew? Israel's government is also insanely corrupt. Every country these days seems to have a corrupt government, and they all seem to try and control the ants that listen.

The earth is making weird changes and we're not exactly sure why just yet, the sun is getting dangerously close to a solar maxima which might affect us, asteroids could hit earth at any given day, natural disasters can also happen, a quasar might fire teh laz0rz and hit us accidentally with a high-dose of gamma radiation (odds are stupidly low), and the list goes on of natural enemies. We can barely survive the winters but yet we're willing to go the extra mile and kill each other instead? That's messed up. Peace, honesty, and prosperity and sadly there's no peaceful way to slap the government and tell them to get back to reality.

edit on 14-7-2012 by Em2013 because: typo fix

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Do you find it hard to differentiate between right and wrong? Come on. Let's not be mundanely redundant.,,,

You are either part of a third world country - or your not. Like my lucky self, I am guessing your not...

If your not - you need to go flush your head in the toilet like they do to dumb asses in American high-schools. Your not the worst off. You are talking to me on the internet after all...pretending to be stupidly oppressed. Yeah, right....

In fact, you have no leg to stand on. Trust me, I know. I have fitted a person for a prosthetic leg, lost in a war you would spit on your fellow man for...

Go figure. Don't fight. I wouldn't want to waste my medical time on you anyways...I have soldiers lives to fight for...you have....what, your freedom? Lucky for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Preaching to the quire here. If the working man decided not to work for a month, it would be armageddon. No one to deliver food and goods, no one to build and renovate houses, no one to pave and fix roads. Etc etc. Without the raped underclass, the rich folks would perish. Yet mainstream tells us all that without the rich #ers, all of us would be screwed.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Boooo, double-posted
edit on Sat, 14 Jul 2012 00:28:53 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join