It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I refuse to fight anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I couldn't decide what forum this should go in, grey area. Well, the whole idea behind this thread, I refuse to fight any longer. You want to kill me, then go for it. I no longer care. I refuse to raise a fist or foot, or to raise arms against my brothers and sisters. No more. I will no longer participate in the destruction of our race.

This I believe is the only way we move forward. When we all decide to never raise a finger in violence to another person, even if they raise theirs first. We have been living in violence against each other for over 2000 years. It does not work. I think it is time to try another approach. Or we can keep living in insanity, and trying something that hasn't worked over and over and over and over. I will not contribute to that insanity however.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Wow, how much killing, and fisting and raising arms have you been doing up untill now?

Kudos though, think of where we could be as a people, the knowledge we could have, if we took all the effort we put into eviscerating each other and spent it on the enhancement of our lives...Mind bending.

But as long as killing makes the 1% a quick profit, where will we be?

edit: Just read fisting again. wow. Leaving it as a warning to those that come after I...Read your words!
edit on 13-7-2012 by bias12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by bias12 because: fisting *shakes head*

link   
I couldn't agree more. The only way to win is not to play.

link   

edit on 13-7-2012 by Ladysophiaofsandoz because: double post

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bias12

Killing of my brothers and sisters, not a lot, fist and foot bashing, quite a lot more than I would like to admit. My abilities has made me arrogant, I used to get pleasure from embarrassing people with no fighting skills that had big mouths. I have nothing left to lose now other than my life. I lay that down now, as it doesn't mean much anymore to me. Maybe people need to lose everything they love before they can do it. Or maybe I am just slow.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Not sure if it's how you win, but it's the only way not to lose for sure.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

We have been living in violence against each other for over 2000 years

I thought the human race was a little older!

I like the idea, but for it to work then everyone would have to agree to it and stick to it which doesn't seem at all possible. I'm certainly not running around starting fights anymore, and will turn the other cheek to a point now that I never thought I would, but I'm not going to stand casually by if someone is getting their ass stomped next to me, or if someone attempts to stomp mine.

Has something spurred this change in you?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think the whole problem with the world, everyone is waiting for the right thing to become the in thing. It's really easy to say anything that everyone else is saying.

As for the catalyst? I lost the two girls that have kept my life intact for so long now. In hindsight, maybe I should have renounced their US citizenship, but I figured they should retain the choice. Perhaps I was naive, been guilty of that before. It's not really that I am suicidal, but I have lost the reason to live. When it is just me, # it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I think the whole problem with the world, everyone is waiting for the right thing to become the in thing.

I get you. But isn't violence at times the right thing? If I see someone about to murder someone innocent should I not defend the innocent person since I'm capable? Shouldn't I defend myself? I certainly don't want to seek violence, and would rather someone take my wallet than shoot them, but I still carry a gun just in case someone gets stabby with me or an innocent person. I think the capable should protect the weak. I wouldn't shoot someone that broke into my house unless I felt threatened, but if they came for me my AR15, Princess, is going to have a hot barrel.

I'm sorry you lost loved ones. I don't quite understand what happened. I hope things get better. If you want to share more feel free. U2U or in the thread. Were they taken away from you? I get it's probably rough to talk about. Life is full of highs and lows, and sometimes when we're in a valley it seems like it will never get better. Somehow it always does.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If you asked me a month ago, I would have said yeah, violence in some situations is right. Now I am not so sure. We have been using violence forever now, defending ourselves, and attempting to defend those we perceive weaker. It hasn't worked in all this time, I don't think it will work ever. I think the only thing that will work is when we all decide enough is enough. When we all decide that no act of violence is worth it. When we all decide it is better to let another beat us, even kill us. I might be misguided, but hell. I think it is time for a new way of thinking. I would dive in front of a gun or knife or whatever for another, but I am not willing to raise a violent hand against another anymore.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

There will never be peace until the evil scientists decease...It would be pretty easy to pull out an evil gene these days no?
..don't then,theres a pass through up to BC...all kinds of dodgers .s+f

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bias12

HAHAHA, star for you!!

Back on topic: I agree with the OP, this doesn't work. As long as you have the few that will prey on the weak though, your idea will never work. How many people do you know that got drunk and picked a fight with someone obviously weaker than them? Probably lots of people on here.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bias12

edit: Just read fisting again. wow. Leaving it as a warning to those that come after I...Read your words!

HAHAHA!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Even by Star trek they haven't reached that enlightenment. NO NO No. it's a dog eat dog world. It's survival of the fittest. If you don't eat the dog then the dog will eat you. If you don't believe me go camp in bear country for a while. You must fight for your RIGHT TO PARTY!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How much fighting and killing do you actually have to do in life? I mean really, I probably hit my brother a few times growing up, but I haven't hit or kicked anyone since grade school.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
And if you're not a dog then how do you plan to BARK AT THE MOON!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Better learn some self defence. I feel sorry for what might happen to women in the event of an economic collapse.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Just me, back in my youth, I would get wasted and pick a fight with the biggest dude I could find. Big, has nothing to do with fighting skills. It's funny though, most people I have gotten in a fight with, win or lose, like 90% or more I ended up friends with after. Although, reflecting back, most of my most loyal friends, at least until their parents hated me, was people that I defended in a fight.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Probably depends on your life. I grew up in NY, if I wanted to be left alone (not picked on), I had to kick some ass. After years of taking crap, I finally did in JR. high. And this was in the burbs, I got picked on and slapped around because everyone else in my year seemed to have more money. Not wearing brand name expensive clothes, or being able to afford a haircut every two weeks was enough to have people mess with me, until my fist stopped it all. Looking back on it all now, I probably should have just laughed in their faces. Back then, before I knew what I know, words seemed to cut as deep as scalpels.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

YOU WANNA FIGHT??? !!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join