It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sage Stallone found dead at 36

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Another damn shame. I know exactly what you mean. And it is going to show everything we have talked about in the past. So I thought I would stop in and star and flag this thread, and offer you my support..

edit on 13-7-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.1

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Um, it's a little too premature to assume he took drugs. Toxicology won't be back for a couple weeks. And for someone getting married I can't see this being a suicide or an OD.

That said, My thoughts are with you Stallone.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Thank you! I was hoping you'd see it.

Like I said before, I don't usually get caught up in the celebrity deaths, and with folks like Whitney and Anna Nicole it was no surprise, but this was a pretty good fella, and maybe he did or didn't have a habit, I don't know, but apparently he was engaged to be married, and was upbeat about life very recently. This guy, Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphy, those bother me. Even if they were careless accidents and the users have some of the responsibility, it was still so easily preventable.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
While I agree about prescription drugs....I think the Real topic is one of, how to combat the Suicide rate.

Suicide is an epidemic....maybe there is a pill for it?

Life, Disappointment, loss of love, low self esteem, can be too much for some people to bare.

Suicide is a cry for help...often not answered in time.

Normally, nobody wants to kill themselves.

Tho we dont know the facts in this case yet, or ever will.

Many people who suicide (ahem Heath somebody), are often labelled with "Accidental death", for their integrity and family reasons....

Perhaps Sage will be an "Accidental death"...sad.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Um, it's a little too premature to assume he took drugs. Toxicology won't be back for a couple weeks. And for someone getting married I can't see this being a suicide or an OD.

That said, My thoughts are with you Stallone.

I'll go back and add the other link to the OP. Another source said it was pills, but not sure if it was accidental or intentional. Doesn't seem like intentional would make any sense though. Some sources say the girlfriend/fiance found him, while other sources say a housekeeper found him.

MTV Source

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Maybe there is a pill for it is the whole damn problem! "Medication" out there, meant to cure depression, one of the side effects is suicide! People have gone to doctors, including me, for things like insomnia, and get perscribed antidepressants. There have been three times in my life, I have stuck a gun in my mouth planning to pull the trigger. Two times have been after being on antidepressants. I thought the reason people take antidepressnats is because they don't want to kill themselves.....

I am not sure if the problem is doctors with great intention, not doing their research, or that a lot of doctors are into eugenics and are psychopaths.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

My wife has been prescribed anti-depressants for joint pain, chest pain, upset stomachs? In fact, she is a little 100lb thing, and we eventually found out she has Celiac's disease and the gluten in her diet was making her malnourished, but most ER docs just assumed she was purging and they prescribed her anti-depressants and recommended she go see a counselor?

I guess to a doctor, all skinny girls are depressed?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Do we actually know that he died of a drug overdose?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

sorry - i do not see any political problem , any persrcribing physician should make it thier business to know what mix of drugs he is adding too - that is medical common sense

here [ the uk ] i have nerver been given a perscription without my current meds beeing ` double checked ` - heck even pharmacists ask if i am on certain perscriptions before handing out some over the counter meds

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Too many Heath Ledgers and Sage Stallones and Brittany Murphys.

Not any more !

I've said it before and it needs to be said again, most of the drugs of abuse in the high society scene are the same drugs you see junkies using on the street. Opiates and stimulants.

The difference is, one you're given by a practitioner of medicine, the other by someone only interested in making a dollar.

And the real kicker is that doctors these days don't become doctors to heal the sick. It's a lucrative field to work in. The drug pushers, I mean, companies are making billions on maintaining suffering. They don't want you healed. The doctor don't want you healed.

The only difference between a 50 year old homeless addict and a 50 year old golf playing addict, is the guy they get their hit from.

And if you've got the cash, there's a doctor ready with your prescription filled.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

sorry - i do not see any political problem , any persrcribing physician should make it thier business to know what mix of drugs he is adding too - that is medical common sense

Many of these prescribing physicians are criminals and are only in this for the money. They make it their business and business is good. I wish it was as simple as common sense, I really do. But you see the reality of this topic at ground zero zones are totally and completely out of hand. Doctors and pain management are at the near bottom level. As they need no real skill set to be able to push these drugs, and they get a kick back if they are able to meet their quota.
You see lobbyist lobby for Big Pharmacy, which in turn becomes very political. And all about BIG money. Its a dangerous game they are playing with peoples lives. While getting to deep into that would be taking this thread off topic.
But from what I understand, by taking out these criminal doctors, writers, /pill mills, you are taking out a big chunk of what is the root cause of most these deaths. Thus they will not be as easy to get, nor would be worth taking the risks. Many real doctors will do their home work, and the people who are doing things by the book, and doing them right, will not have to worry about it coming back on them.

A doctor could very well be held accountable for giving a deadly cocktail to a patient, that allowed that patient to be killed by that chemical mixture. Choice or not. The patient was given all these scripts and it becomes a deadly mix. That patient would not have a choice to do that, if not for the doctors greed for the Big pharmacy Via the lobbyist, that are driven by political gains and losses.

But back to the topic at hand.. I am sorry for the Stallones Loss, I have lost many people in my life, due to a deadly mixture of pills, handed out like candy by crooked pill mill dealer doctors. You can say, people have a choice not to take that many pills.. But when you are given pills by a doctor, people tend to follow the doctors lead. And will make choices that henge on doctors prescription. Which is what ends up killing most people when OD.
Junkies, that is a whole other story.. Apples and Oranges .when compared to those in need, and those who want.
edit on 14-7-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.1

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

While I agree with you that the problem is way out of control, I disagree with every reason you listed in the OP as to where the problem stems from. In my opinion it is much more simpler than anything you listed. The way I see it, the real problem is the laws. I can keep a bottle of pain killers with me, in an old prescription bottle with my name on it, and if I encounter the Police I will have nothing to worry about. I can have a bottle with 100 pills on it, as long as the bottle they are in has my name on it, I have nothing to worry about. Of course if I have one small marijuana cigarette, chances are I will be arrested and go to jail and have to bond out, then go to court, then pay court cost, fines etc etc etc.

The way I see it, that is the problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I can keep a bottle of pain killers with me, in an old prescription bottle with my name on it, and if I encounter the Police I will have nothing to worry about. I can have a bottle with 100 pills on it, as long as the bottle they are in has my name on it,

I know here in Florida that would be very tricky. If you have an old bottle, you would not get your new bottle. Dates are now checked very carefully by doctors on the up and up. If you have an old bottle rolling around, that means you are doing something wrong. Get pulled over with an bottle that does not have the correct date, you are going to have some explaining to do.
I am not sure what other state laws are. Here in Florida, if you get a new script, you have to bring in your old bottles, or you wont get filled.
But lets face facts on the other hand.. People have old bottles, and do employ that trick. But is a very weak loop hole, and if you have the money, you can get out of trouble. But it will cost you.
Nothing just black and white about this whole topic, it varies in every state, and with every enforcement agency you would deal with. Lots of criminals in places of power, and law who are pulling the strings here.
I wish it was cut and dry simple.. But its not.

I wont argue the well put point you made about the hypocrisy on bottles of pills vs some green.. it is absolutely ridiculous, I agree 100%.
edit on 14-7-2012 by zysin5 because: 1.1

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

My doctor always asks me what meds im on.
Not saying there isn't a issue as i agree 100% on what your posting here.

Just thought i'd add that if you are taking multiple meds and your doctor hasn't once asked what meds you are on. Then tell your doc immediately and if possible find a better doctor.
I am shocked though that a doctor can neglect to ask something so basic and fundamental...well not so shocked

As a personal experience, the doctors i have prescribed pills for depression and i didn't even have to go to a pharmacy he just gave me a bag full of sample pills, you've all seen them advertized on TV, and it sort of shocked me.
Not in a bad way i just thought oh that is pretty cool.
It wasn't untill i really awoke and found out a bunch of what actually happens. And it totally changed my views on this guy. He giving me those pills basically confirmed to me that this guy was all about money and had very little ethics.
He barely gives me more then 5 mins every time i have to go in. All he does is shakes his head with a fake smile and either ups the dose or changes brand.He doesn't care one bit.
I've stopped taking the pills and i don't plan on going back, i've read it can be bad to do this, but who can you trust?
edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I've always been quite interested in this topic, here's a couple of excellent links if you are truly interested:

A History of Drug Ads On TV
By: Ed Zimney, MD

www.everydayhealth.com...

Before 1980, there was no such thing as DTCA. The times just weren’t right. But in 1981, a few drug companies made small forays into this unchartered territory. The reaction of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) was to impose a moratorium on all DTCA so it could research the issue. After a few years, the moratorium was lifted, but essentially it only allowed print advertising in magazines and the like. But it took 14 more years before the FDA issued rules on how to undertake TV advertising.

And for those super interested folks who want to get all academic and stuff:

A History of Drug Advertising: The Evolving
Roles of Consumers and Consumer Protection

By:
JULIE DONOHUE
University of Pittsburgh

www.ualberta.ca...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
just another young healthy celeb dying of drugs, depression or heart attack. nothing to. see here sheep move along.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Why is this even newsworthy? Some stars kid drops dead happens to people across the country all the time why isn't it reported. He was obviously too weak to survive and this is just natures way of thinning out the herd.
edit on 14-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Most of the people who die on prescription pills OD. It's their own fault for not following the label... I sometimes take a few power pellets for recreational use, and if i die because of it, mixing with alcohol or what have you, dont blame anyone else. But ME
edit on 13-7-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

Wow how wrong you are. People can die without ODing by mixing medications by no fault of their own and people who become ADDICTED OD and it isn't their fault doctors hand out highly addictive meds with serious side effects like candy! You obviously have never loved an addict and see what it does to someone, from the beginning!

I really dont like when people make assumptions about something they have obviously never experienced otherwise they would not think this way. Don't judge others with a problem that you can't understand.

Following the label doesn't make you safe from addiction

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Its interesting from the point of view of somebody in the UK.

At the moment getting prescription drugs out of the NHS is like getting blood from a stone. They will prescribe something but only if its the only alternative for your condition. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant. You get what the doctor thinks appropriate and all your medication is through the same route, recorded on the same system.

I always found the way US TV advertises powerful and potentially lethal prescription drugs direct to the public to be bizarre. Joe public has no idea how much of it is pure bull# or not.

I wonder how much american doctors just dispense prescriptions on customer demand like a govt sanctioned dealer. After all, your paying and the customer is always right.
edit on 14-7-2012 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Exactly, the drugs sold via the medical profession are none the less addictive, detrimental and sinister as the illegal ones.

But most junkies know what they're doing. Most old people, most celebs on them, are not aware of the nature of the medicine they take.

It's easy to get an addiction from your doctor. It's easy to overdose when a lot of the medicines are also far more lethal than they expect.

Even otc paracetamol has killed people.. Awareness is key.

Not legislation.. not a criminal record. Awareness. And we can't even discuss that without being seen as advocating a nefarious culture. Old Joe can take all the drugs he wants. But Jack Junkie is a criminal.

When there is very little difference apart from awareness...

it's all a bit silly really. But it's the nature of the industry..

sadly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join