It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Scans Chats for Criminal Activity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
I helped my uncle jack off his horse.

lmao that made me laugh
I think that's a little far-fetched though.

More likely, they'll figure out if you're organizing any kind of direct action against the evildoings of TPTB, and come illegally arrest you, just like they do in Russia.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I've used a third party web app that scans facebook for words - like google but for facebook.

You would be stunned to find what people post. From fights that are ongoing, where one person is threatening another, to drug deals...

And since I've seen in the news where one complete scumbag who beat a 78 year old man with a cricket bat and bragged about it, I don't see this as a bad thing.

He was caught. He was charged. He was found guilty. And the worst part is, all his mates gloated along with him.

What does concern me is the level in intrusion. I don't adhere to that, and don't even have a 'real' face book account. But so many idiots do. and they deserve to be caught if they brag about bashing some old guy looking for his dog at 10pm at night...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
...just don't use the word "Blackbriar".

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

well i play games with friends and we talk about making bombs and guns and so forth for games now these excellent scanning programs will be hitting on key words then fb uses that as way to scan my private messages i also am a photographer who talks to my over 18 models on fb they might be recording these conversations too very scary. how the bleep does mark shmukerberg get away with this fodder.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i was a computer tech for years before i retired....i own no smart phone, and ATS is the only "social" site i visit. all of my other contacts are done personally. i do not need to be entertained all the time, and i keep several hours a day "open" just for quiet thought. the more i do this, the more calmer and kinder i become. an old adage..."the less that comes out of your mouth, the more people listen when it does."

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Wise words Jimmy. Yet I also agree with earlier postings that if you are stupid enough to enter your criminal activity log on Facebook chat then you deserve to be caught (if the crime wasn't enough to deserve such).

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

Not really. Just think if the crime was going to be carried out against you. Would you rather have Facebook sending the information to the police or would you rather the crime be carried out?

I for one think this is a brilliant idea however it will be interesting to see what Facebook do, do with the information and how the authorities also use it to prevent crimes. The only issue I can see with this is if the system Facebook uses is that anti-crime people may be penalised for saying things in jest or sarcasm.
edit on 14-7-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join