It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman convicted of battery for protesting TSA pat-down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

This is why I am an avid supporter of Jury Duty.

I have been called in twice, never served. I was blown away that I was the ONLY person both times in the pool who wanted to be there. Everyone else bitched and complained about all the crap they had to do that day and were hoping to get out of serving jury duty.

I explained to them first that it is their civic responsibility and second how privileged they are to have a system where they had trails by jury. Several of them actually laughed at me.
edit on 14-7-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We do fight wars for oil, I believe.

Not for the benefit of you are me, but for the benefit of the ones who start the wars.

The ones who own the oil companies are the same ones working with the politicians to go to war.
edit on 14-7-2012 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Apologists for fascism are more dangerous than tyrants...

For a tyrant's only path to power is complicity.--the succor of sycophants willing to seduce and entice the
masses into the cage...

Force is only required against the brave patriots leftover...and they shall become an amusement
for the caged masses, a recreation at the gallows as an example to those already
controlled of the consequence of resistance...

Tyrants require lessor demons willing to sacrifice their soul for the promise of a measure
of control...money is not the root of all evil...men who seek to control is the source

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Uh, that is battery. The TSA is not 'molesting' or committing battery. You take that pat down risk when you go through the line. Unwanted touching is a no no. You may not want the TSA touching you, but you agreed to it.

This is true but there is no need for it. The body scanners and metal detectors we have available today are adequate IMO.

Go to the doctor for a physical. Cup his nuts after he does it to you because even though you knew it was coming it suddenly got uncomfortable. Battery.

Good example!

TSA sucks, I don't like the practices but bash on them for the right reasons and don't say a pat down is battery.

I didn’t say it was; the jury said it was battery when done to the TSA agent. The agent described the experience as “painful and embarrassing”. It is an intrusive practice and if it’s considered ‘battery’ simply because the roles are reversed and that person didn’t submit to it then does that make it less violating and embarrassing when done to passengers simply because they agreed?

The practice needs to stop IMO. It’s BS that we have to submit to this treatment just to fly.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

lol sea
why complain?

Because I’m only happy when I’m bitching!

we both know that nothing will change concerning
these paid creeps until someone does a
Samson with a jawbone of an ass
on these philistines

Maybe so! It certainly won’t change until enough people demand it.

as for you and neos war for oil fallacy
a commodity's price always goes up when it becomes scarce
destroy an oil producing countrys infrastructure
and...
ah well, i suppose you really don't want to see the picture

after all america is god,
god's will be done eh?

Why have other countries like Russia benefited most from the oil US supposedly fought for? Unfortunately these “war for oil” claims are just a talking points used to denigrate the service of our military and obscure the real intent and objectives of the action.

Meh...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

The ones who own the oil companies are the same ones working with the politicians to go to war.

Then please outline which companies (American and Foreign) received lucrative oil contracts in Iraq by amount of barrels received.

If you’re going to make the claim then prove it…you might be surprised and even change your opinion on the subject after a little research.

Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oil industry for the next couple of decades.

Two of the most lucrative of the multi-billion-dollar oil contracts went to two countries which bitterly opposed the U.S. invasion — Russia and China — while even Total Oil of France, which led the charge to deny international approval for the war at the U.N. Security Council in 2003, won a bigger stake than the Americans in the most recent auction. "[The distribution of oil contracts] certainly answers the theory that the war was for the benefit of big U.S. oil interests," says Alex Munton, Middle East oil analyst for the energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie, whose clients include major U.S. companies. "That has not been demonstrated by what has happened this week."
TIME

edit on 14-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
as far as i know airlines are private companies, they can make you strip nude if they wanted to and if you dont like it they could refuse to serve you, just like any other business. 59 year old woman? yea i bet tsa cant wait to pat that down lol. protester exaggerating? unheard of.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

as far as i know airlines are private companies, they can make you strip nude if they wanted to and if you dont like it they could refuse to serve you, just like any other business. 59 year old woman? yea i bet tsa cant wait to pat that down lol. protester exaggerating? unheard of.

TSA is the one violating people and TSA isn’t a private company; it’s our government; part of DHS!
You can refuse but you’ll never fly in America on ANY airlines…that’s BS! We’re left with either ‘get felt up’ or ‘don’t fly’. That sounds fascist to me.

Look, I'm all about being safe and preventing lunatics from boarding planes but this is unnecessary and over the top. Why can’t we rely on other less intrusive methods to accomplish the same objectives?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by vjr1113

TSA is the one violating people and TSA isn’t a private company; it’s our government; part of DHS!
You can refuse but you’ll never fly in America on ANY airlines…that’s BS! We’re left with either ‘get felt up’ or ‘don’t fly’. That sounds fascists to me.

Look, I'm all about being safe and preventing lunatics from boarding planes but this is unnecessary and over the top. Why can’t we rely on other less intrusive methods to accomplish the same objectives?

airlines hire tsa, so take it up with the airlines. this all comes down to who believes who, will you believe a protester that shares your ideology, or the defendant that was found right in a court of law?

you can buy your own plane if you dont like airlines. like everyone has the right to fly... its a privilege. ive driven all the way to texas for business thank you very much. theres other means of transportation.

not over the top, id rather have the islamist patted down rather than being blown to bits. but i guess you'd rather be blasted with radiation EVERY TIME YOU FLY?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

airlines hire tsa, so take it up with the airlines.

The airlines have no choice but to follow along or they’re in violation of law!

this all comes down to who believes who, will you believe a protester that shares your ideology, or the defendant that was found right in a court of law?

Her ideology? What ideology is that?

you can buy your own plane if you dont like airlines.

And you think that’s a realistic option for 99% of Americans?

Can I get one for $199 a month?

like everyone has the right to fly... its a privilege. ive driven all the way to texas for business thank you very much. theres other means of transportation.

I agree….there is no ‘right’ to fly.

not over the top, id rather have the islamist patted down rather than being blown to bits. but i guess you'd rather be blasted with radiation EVERY TIME YOU FLY?

I will quote one of my previous posts in this thread: “This might get some people angry but I believe in the practice of profiling until it’s proven not to work. Let’s be honest, the people who commit terrorism aren’t 59 year old white women. Some people deserve a little more scrutiny than others.”

I’d rather be safe (obviously) but the TSA needs to use some damn common sense

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
The jury that convicted her had to be a bunch of brain dead morons led by dubious instructions from the judge.
Have you ever listened to the judge's instructions?
He may tell the jury how to vote by the emphasis on his words that he repeats and repeats.

On the other hand....she knew what she might be in for when she chose to fly.
She could have avoided it by taking some other mode of transportaion.

I have a hard time believing that any American with more than a single digit IQ would vote to enforce *anything* related to the f* TSA. Maybe George Romero should fire up his talents and make some more zombie movies because we clearly have an abundance of brain-dead fools acting as juries.

It was not this lady's duty to avoid any mode of transportation. The US "Government" has no right, none, to molest our people or to say who can and can't fly. This is criminal conduct, aided and abetted by the courts. So what's new?

As far as I can tell, this lady's only faux pas is that she didn't protest her molestation with a Louisville Slugger.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

what law is that i have not seen it yet.

what im talking about is the ideology that tsa are the devil and are out to grope everyone for sexual pleasure. shes a protester, of course the protester gets assaulted.

well maybe americans that dont like tsa shouldnt fly, you cant have it your way every time. if 99percent of americans dont fly then maybe there would be change, i dont know what other alternative means for safety would be better for you than a pat down.

fair play for everyone, everyone gets pated down no matter of race or gender or age.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
When a plane leaves the ground the plane itself becomes a potential weapon of terrorism.

Therefore ANY plane, public or private, and any occupant (including pilots) must be subject to search
by agents of the TSA. Further, any pilot in sole control of any light or heavy aircraft must be
compelled to undergo vigorous background checks and ongoing psychological evaluation to
ascertain if he/she poses a threat, or potential threat to the general public by the utilization of his
aircraft as a weapon of mass destruction, to further any agenda, known or unknown, political
or personal.

Further, all occupants and pilots of all motorized vehicles weighing over one thousand pounds shall be
compelled to undergo the same rigorous checks and evaluations as the pilots and occupants of
aircraft, and no distinction shall be made as to private (or public) conveyance to ensure that all
are searched equally and according to law...

S
.L
..I
...P
....P
.....E
......R
.......Y

.........S
...........L
............O
..............P
................E

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

what law is that i have not seen it yet.

Airlines must follow TSA guidelines or they don’t fly!

Any commercial airport can apply to TSA’s Screening Partnership Program (SPP), which has been around since the inception of TSA. After approval from TSA and a competitive bidding process, SPP allows airports to transition to private screeners while maintaining TSA oversight and the corresponding increased level of security implemented since 9/11.

So… if an airport applies and is accepted into the SPP program, they receive the same screening from a private company instead of TSA officers. That’s the only difference. All commercial airports are regulated by TSA whether the actual screening is performed by TSA or private companies. So TSA’s policies – including advanced imaging technology and pat downs – are in place at all domestic airports.
TSA

what im talking about is the ideology that tsa are the devil and are out to grope everyone for sexual pleasure. shes a protester, of course the protester gets assaulted.

I don’t go that far(calling them the devil
) but I believe they are going too far with the searches….that’s all. The pat downs are unnecessary.

well maybe americans that dont like tsa shouldnt fly, you cant have it your way every time. if 99percent of americans dont fly then maybe there would be change, i dont know what other alternative means for safety would be better for you than a pat down.

Metal detectors, imaging scanners, profiling, etc.

fair play for everyone, everyone gets pated down no matter of race or gender or age.

That is equal but unnecessary. How many 59 year old white American women have ever committed terrorism? Are we safer by patting down granny or strip searching an infant to check for explosives in his/her diaper??

Really?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
When a plane leaves the ground the plane itself becomes a potential weapon of terrorism....

Bovine Scatology trimmed. Well ..... most of it anyway.

If the CIA or other three-letter-agency wants a crotch bomber on a plane, they will walk the POS thru security and put them on the plane. Since the US Gangster Government is the single largest purveyor of state-sponsored-terror on planet earth, this transportation dog-n-pony show is little more than distraction.

Warren Buffet says he can fix the deficit in 5 minutes. Maybe we should sic him on the scumsucking TSA cowards.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Apologists for fascism are more dangerous than tyrants...

For a tyrant's only path to power is complicity.--the succor of sycophants willing to seduce and entice the
masses into the cage...

Force is only required against the brave patriots leftover...and they shall become an amusement
for the caged masses, a recreation at the gallows as an example to those already
controlled of the consequence of resistance...

Tyrants require lessor demons willing to sacrifice their soul for the promise of a measure
of control...money is not the root of all evil...men who seek to control is the source

One of the best posts i have ever read, (It is) well done, i would star it again if i could.

edit on 14-7-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

i still dont thin they are going too far with pat downs, metal detectors wont work against chemical bombs, i dont like radiation, and profiling is a terrible idea because its not how you dress but how you think. yes we are that safer if we pat down everyone.

so tsa are here to stay i guess. i dont think their pat downs are bad, but if you do, whatever.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

When a plane leaves the ground the plane itself becomes a potential weapon of terrorism....

Bovine Scatology trimmed. Well ..... most of it anyway.

If the CIA or other three-letter-agency wants a crotch bomber on a plane, they will walk the POS thru security and put them on the plane. Since the US Gangster Government is the single largest purveyor of state-sponsored-terror on planet earth, this transportation dog-n-pony show is little more than distraction.

Warren Buffet says he can fix the deficit in 5 minutes. Maybe we should sic him on the scumsucking TSA cowards.

...missed my point.

Once a society begins to accept the idea that guilt must be assumed until
innocence is proven...that the concept of public safety overrides the precept of personal liberty,
then that society is doomed to tyranny--the slippery slope is created and only the passing of time
is required till ultimately that society is will be governed by tyrants...power corrupts

I'm on your side....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

i still dont thin they are going too far with pat downs, metal detectors wont work against chemical bombs, i dont like radiation, and profiling is a terrible idea because its not how you dress but how you think. yes we are that safer if we pat down everyone.

Will you continue to fly when the TSA decides full cavity searches are the only way to be safe? At some point everyone reaches his/her a limit!

so tsa are here to stay i guess. i dont think their pat downs are bad, but if you do, whatever.

It’s sad that so many willfully submit. Ben Franklin once said:

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security”

Seems pretty appropriate in this situation.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
reply to post by seabag

I take exception to this bit of your post "But if you do, Whatever".
You are very muchly entitled to your opinion and it is valid, That sentiment in the final sentence, the one of complete and uninterested indifference, i find dismally consistent amongst the masses regarding a whole range of issues.

Just because you are OK with that, that air of indifference you express for other people who are not ok with it, is the very reason stuff like this is allowed to happen.
When the majority of people begin to focus on the same issues, together, things get done, this "Whatever" attitude, the Vicky pollard'ism of the 21st century, ensures your continued servitude. When other people are prepared to stand up and defend YOUR rights, that is not a "whatever" moment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join