It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO X-Files Released By U.K. Reveal Desire To Weaponize Alien Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
UFO X-Files Released By U.K. Reveal Desire To Weaponize Alien Technology

Heres an article I just came across at The Huffington Post about some newly released "X-Files" from the United Kingdom detailing their desire/intent to Weaponize Alien Technology...

Very interesting stuff, give it a read.

U.K. Reveals Desire to Weaponize Alien Technology

Newly released X-Files from the United Kingdom's National Archives reveal the role of that country's Ministry of Defense UFO Desk officers, what they actually thought about possible alien visits to Earth and their ideas on harnessing alien technology as a weapon.

There are 25 files, comprising more than 6,700 pages, that include UFO policy, parliamentary questions, media issues, public correspondence and, of course, UFO sighting reports. Overall, more than 10,000 UFO reports came through the special Ministry of Defense unit from 1950 to 2009.

"These are probably the most fascinating and bizarre government files ever made available to the public," said Nick Pope, who was the UFO Desk officer from 1991 to 1994.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The U.K (and the human race as a whole) just love weaponising things.

It's in our genes.

So I'm not surprised that if "alien" technology fell into our hands, we wouldn't give it a second thought as to how we could implement it into an industrial military weapon.

Hell..if we could turn a pineapple into a WMD, we would.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's would be near impossible for us to try and reverse engineer any UFO that either crossed the vast distances of space or has spacetime bending capabilities. It's as futile as a caveman trying to reverse engineer the B-2 spirit stealth craft.

Nonetheless, interesting news.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
It's would be near impossible for us to try and reverse engineer any UFO that either crossed the vast distances of space or has spacetime bending capabilities. It's as futile as a caveman trying to reverse engineer the B-2 spirit stealth craft.

Nonetheless, interesting news.

I see what your getting at here, I think...

Suppose a super advanced, intelligent race of beings were to be visiting our little "rock" for some we will call it "alien vacation" for this examples current use. We as Humans are Carbon Based, it is the "backbone" of biology for most life on earth.

Now what if said Alien Race was Silicon Based, or some other option will suffice. Who is to say we would even recognize them as being a life form, let alone presuming that we could reverse engineer their tech. In fact the very idea is absurd.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Give the caveman enough time and he will suss it out...

While I understand your point, it also goes the other way. Their tech might be quite familiar to us, especially if it follows the same basic Physics principles which govern our own technology. Considering we have the ability to tear apart sub-atomic matter and study it in fine detail, I think it is somewhat naive to assume we wouldn't know where to start.

Some people believe the birth of the semi-conductor and modern electronics seemed to the coincide quite nicely with 1947 and Roswell.

If we got those people from back then to study what we have now, at first they'd be stumped but given enough time to play with it, they'd suss it out.

Human's aren't stupid. Violent, greedy and selfish, yes, but we're not stupid.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
The U.K (and the human race as a whole) just love weaponising things.

Yeah, we in the UK just can't stop weaponising things. Only yesterday, I weaponised my cat and my neighbour has just weaponised his potato peeler..I've heard of Government programmes to weaponise weapons, would you believe?

It's actually in our National Curriculum, everyone must do at least English, Maths, Science and Basic Weaponisation at GCSE level. You can't get a job unless you got at least a C in that subject and if you want to go to Uni, you have to have at least an A level in both Weaponisation of Everyday objects and Basic Genocide.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thank you for adding the opposite perspective on reverse tech, as I was going to add that to my previous post but was cut short on time and was gonna add/edit it in later. No need to now as you covered it quite nicely.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

I think Mr Speigel has gone a little OTT with the title of his article.

The comment was made by someone holding the lowest junior rank in the MoD (D-Grade DI 55 desk officer). As such, s/he wasn't representative of UK policy and the passing comment carried no weight at all. Nevertheless, the actual briefing is pretty interesting and seems well-balanced and neutral.

Something that I find curious is the poor literacy and Americanised spelling of 'analyzed.' I'd assume MoD computers would be set to English spellings and that a white-collar desk-jockey would be able to spell correctly. Likewise, he doesn't realise that the collective noun is Belgians and not 'Belgiums.'

Here's a snip of the first page to highlight the tone of the guy's briefing...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I think this is a similar part of the story but it's in the Guardian......

apps.facebook.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I really enjoy reading declassified documents about aliens and ufos. Governments publicly deny their existence yet these documents tell a different story.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

its salso apart of the

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join