It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it going to cost? The price of being human.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What does your price tag say? Everyone has a price right? What is yours?

I have been reading a lot of threads talking about police brutality, the TSA, and armed drones in American skies and it made me think. Without the laws of man or any religion many of us have an idea what is right and what is wrong. Yet many humans throughout history have turned off their humanity and just "follow orders" or "just doing my job ." They decide that they are a cop, soldier or employee of XYZ first and a human being second.

We all have bills to pay we want the best for our children but at what point does that over ride wanting they best for our species wanting what is right and what is just. A uniform gives you athority and respect but are you earning it or demanding , extorting and beating it out of people? Kids are great they see things the way they should be and not the way they really are to them a guy in a uniform is a super hero of some sort. To protect and to serve fighting for your country it has a nice ring to it. It should make anyone feel proud, strive to live up the image. Why is it that this often isn't the case?

Wearing a uniform and being in charge is something most people don't get to do. So why would the people wearing the uniform act like everyone else. They should behave better right? Have a higher set of standards right? Be the hero every little kid thinks they are.

Wearing a uniform is a choice and that is the sticking point CHOICE at what point do you do what your told and not what is right? How much is selling out or oppressing your fellow countryman or your race or your species worth. At some point orders or no your mind and heart must be screaming NO. At some point the thought "is this right?" must come to mind. What is it that allows the fact that the people who you are doing wrong by are thinking feeling human being like yourself to be push aside? Is it money is it lust for power/domination or is it the desire to belong to be admired/promoted/suceed? The world has become a pressure cooker. You can feel the pressure building see it effects everywhere you look.

The human mind and spirit are amazing and capable of so much more than violence and war. It's about choice. All I want to say is this is about choice. There is always a way out there are always other options. Will you choose to say enough is enough? Will you listen to what your mind and heart tells you is right or what you are told? The human race could accomplish so much the potential is limitless. Will you push it forward or hold it back?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Awesome read man. Fantastic truth in your words

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
have often wondered the same over the years ... one of the many things that disgust me about so called civilisation is the idiots tendencies to slaughter each other over nothing ... now I prefer to stay far from the insanity and have little to do with the world ... let the idiots slaughter each other not my concern .... one day humanity will wake up and realise how much of a waste it was and realise they no longer need governments , religions , nations and leaders ... meanwhile the idiocy runs rampant ...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I feel like we are on the cusp of something big. It could go either way. I know in the big picture this is just a blip but since I have to play it out I say PUSH IT!

new topics

top topics

join