It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life in a box is detaching us from God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Modern life is one big distraction. And in the past 10 years we've completely issolated ourselfs, confined to our boxes. We stare at our boxes day and night... our iphones, our TV's... Even as you read this you're staring at a box ( rectangle?
)

We grow and live, and eventually we gather enough money to buy a house, so we can sit in our own private box... and stare at more boxes

much of our social life revolves around comunication through our favorite boxes...

We are confined to our possessions, and hypnotized by our boxes...

In the past man entertained himself... there was no such thing as bordom. We sat around fires and tolds stories, sang songs and enjoyed nature. There was no boxes, no cars or cellphones... no idiot box melting your brain... trying to convince you to buy crap you don't need... there was peace... Not peace on earth of course, but peace of mind.

Now many of us like myself, long for the wilderness once again. To me there is nothing better then camping and nature... but like most i rarely get a chance to...

And thus, this life and almost everything in it is a distraction... there is no quiet time in the average persons life... no time to experience what you are. To the average person there is no mysteries within, only what is in front of their eyes. The mind never stops... it has no break, no peace... Our senses are continuiously bombarded by noise and stimulation... and with that most have lost the ability to "self stimulate" so to speak... We are constantly fed "information" from every direction, and we ignore the information from within...

We are detached from what we truely are... seperated from our true nature...

brainwashed from birth to live in a box...

And if you want to test this idea.... take a minute for yourself...

Turn off all of your boxes and find somewhere quiet (if you can)...

Now once you're there... try to clear your mind of all thought for even a few seconds...

No thoughts... just being

Can you do it?

Sadly most can not...

Come out of your boxes my friends... the world awaits!!

edit on 13-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

it would be amazing if everyone realised how much they were missing out on life, everyone could start living again in peace and love, forget about all the material things, they just don't matter one bit!

good thread op, btw your emphasis on boxes reminded me of a song called 'little boxes'' by rise against,

Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes made of ticky-tacky, Little boxes on the hillside, Little boxes, all the same. There's a green one and a pink one And a blue one and a yellow one They're all made out of ticky-tacky, And they all look just the same. And the people in houses who went to the university, where they were put in boxes, And they all came out the same. There's doctors and lawyers And business executives, They're all made out of ticky-tacky And they all look just the same.
www.azlyrics.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Even the geometry of a box is unnatural to me, and I'm sure to many others who are spacially sensitive.

I have always had a problem with flat surfaces, especially where they meet in corners. It's like I can sense that the energy is trapped in these places. Go to nature and there are no flat surfaces - I don't think many people realise this. The energy is fluid, constantly moving and changing.

I live in nature, my home is a box yes, but it is small and surrounded by wonderful beauty. Wherever I am inside my house, I can see a tree, the grass, a flower, a hill, the sky or a wild bird. This is what humans have been use to looking at for thousands of years. The industrial age has boxed us in.

S&F

* Ned

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I like your post except for the word "God" in the title. You see my awakening involves turning away from the MSM and... religion. The thing you call God, in my world, is that mystery inside.

Thanks for the thoughtful post
edit on 14-7-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Seems like you were trying to impart some wisdom here, Ak, and that can't be a bad thing. But, why is it that every bit of wisdom declares that we should run away from 'What is"?

Some say, the goal is to reach heaven. No, the goal is to eke out as much happiness as we can in this life.

Some say, money is the root of all evil, yet I've never heard of a wise man that would throw away a winning million dollar lottery ticket.

Some say, this world would be a better place without television and cell phones and video games. Is it really better to sit in the woods and think nothing?

The world and the times we live in is the reality. It is what it is. No one needed to be brainwashed into liking phones and televisions and fast food and money and shiny cars and skateboards and the things that make up who and what we are TODAY.

Why should we be ashamed of this? Why should we not embrace all the things we have? We're human, and one of our undeniable traits is to always be curious, to strive to make things better, faster, easier, to learn and understand more. We can't just blank out our minds and deny what we are. To live in a state that utterly conflicts with our human nature would be the tragedy and not the cure.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Great post and I agree 110%.

We are very distracted from our own very existance.
Distracted from what really has meaning.
All for a reason, I'm sure.

I fully agree with the sentiment about God and in your title, it fits.
You see, when you look around at all the perfections of life, you just know.
Every little detail...every little perfect molecule that makes us what we are.

It's too perfect to deny.

But some people can't look past their boxes.
To them, the box is all they know.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I would applaud you if I could. We are complex. And somewhere deep inside of me I believe we are capable of all kinds of creations, both good for us and bad. And we are able to choose preferences amongst them.

When I think about "If I were GOD" what would I create?; My first thought is "Anything and everything"

Tolerance of diversity is something we have a hard time with. The fact that there are so many choices. And yet it is a buffet of experience we perhaps all draw from in some metaphysical way.

I choose to allow diversity, even if it is distracting. And yet at times I do long for simplicity. For nature, for clean canvas. Sometimes I long to look at very strange artwork. Sometimes I am interested in looking at foreign landscapes in photographs. The fact that I can choose amongst my experiences is comforting to me.

But yes, I agree we do seem to be confined to our boxes of perception. As if we are separating ourselves from the whole. Perhaps we want to. Perhaps we can't take it all in at once and so the definition of a box is how we can enjoy each piece of the buffet of life. It would be quite the overload to take it all in at once, wouldn't it?

I like to keep certain things in boxes. Organized, stereotyped and categorized. Some things get to sit out in plain view.. usually my favorite, enjoyed, or most useful items. Perhaps life is like that.. we see what we want to and ignore the rest.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We did need brainwashed into needing this stuff. We must keep up with the Joneses. Who we are is not technology it is not mechanical. They would have you believe that this is progress. Ignore the air pollution. Ignore the oil spills, ignore Fukashima, ignore the water pollution from natural gas mining. Ignore the raping of the planet and her resources, this is who we are you say. Perhaps you have given up hope for a truly better world don't worry the box says you'll be fine.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

To live in a state that utterly conflicts with our human nature would be the tragedy and not the cure.

We live in a state that conflicts with human nature my friend...

We are social creatures... and the social world is slowing evolving.

A good portion of the world lives in fear because of social media... "the news" is never good news, because good news doesn't sell... people want to hear about the bad news. And thats what we get because thats what sells... its good TV. This creates a false image in the mind of the populous... that the world is a dangerous place... and of course it "can be"... but we wouldn't know about it if it wasn't for our boxes.

So we isolate ourselves more and more... now being social can be seen as a txt...

There are few true "comunities" anymore... just boxes with people in them staring at more boxes.

Im not saying we should deny ourselves the pleasures of life... Im saying those boxes that we love are making us scared and isolated from the world.

The world is a beautiful place...

Why view it through a box?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
And yet at times I do long for simplicity. For nature, for clean canvas.

The funny thing is that for the thousands of years that we didn't have all the comforts and the technical toys, what did we do? We fought! All around the world people went to war.

Sure, there's a lot of that today, too, but do you know what most of the 13 to 40 year olds that I know are doing? They're playing video games. Personally I think playing video games beyond the age of 16 is a bit immature, but at least these young adults aren't out to kill each other.

So, video games, good. War, bad.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by seagrass
And yet at times I do long for simplicity. For nature, for clean canvas.

The funny thing is that for the thousands of years that we didn't have all the comforts and the technical toys, what did we do? We fought! All around the world people went to war.

Sure, there's a lot of that today, too, but do you know what most of the 13 to 40 year olds that I know are doing? They're playing video games. Personally I think playing video games beyond the age of 16 is a bit immature, but at least these young adults aren't out to kill each other.

So, video games, good. War, bad.

There will always be wars though... until the day that every person on earth understands that helping each other is the only way to peace, war will always be. Sadly i doubt that day will ever come.

I play video games by the way... and im 33

Though as i've said, things are different these days... video games were games. Now they're more like real life... and they're used in some cases as a tool to "brainwash" our youth...

For example... a "video game" designed by the american government...

www.americasarmy.com...

Good game btw...

edit on 16-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I play video games by the way... and im 33

Shhh, I played them until I was 33.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Bump... almost six years later!

See what our boxes have become...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Isn't God in our boxes, too?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I suppose it depends on ones point of view...

Some seem to think God is in a book

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Anunnaki~ the first twists and turns out of animism into humanesque form after enlightenment. Some think themselves gods; as consciousness flows through those as a "voice". Why do you think historical texts; all the way through Christianity say things like consider the sparrow?

Listen... to anything long enough and the language forms from contact. Simply daily tasks no matter the life form; and poof memory recall of something one wants to label consciousness, although empty, that consciousness then wants to call what is already there; more sounds based on seeing... over and over again dragging a corpse, that is not self, impermanent and subject to suffering by unreal cravings and desire.

All there is just is and needs to go no further... why? Because the stupid stories repeat how often? Based on that attachment of grasping what is not real in any way shape or form.

The Buddha said sure all of you can have a dwelling as monks were waking up to being unreal and already dead having grasped unreality as reality. The dwelling was smaller than the standard grave so one could tuck into fetal position like the womb and still dream reality until that reality went away that was not actual reality... then once purged emerge from it and flow with all life as one.

Problem is, being full of other "life forms" from that internal purge all thought had grasped as contact went on and on, though not real as sight or simply seeing cleared from the mental obstruction; all one could see was the death and destruction and decay known as family in the body that no longer had name but recalled the form of being as ones own life; these are known as jakkta tales nothing new...

Like when someone has a dog and names it rover; hey those things on mars don't know they are not rovers or dogs if awake to the realty; so on getting there hey serve us because you are our dog or pet and we are your gods.

So attachment to a name? A good servant runs home like a fool with all of that attachment so that someone else reaps the harvest then buries their oh so ignorant but faithful servant.

Round and round did the Buddha go plowing a field then tied to a tree as a good "Bull" die but I lived on my father farm under a tree; that moment of rest from all that plowing tied to it was like heaven. So that was a mental oasis... so when he evolved out of that animist cycle trying to find the house builder that damned father that recalled that old cow there he was again in that damned cow body again so he would recall that tree moment to skip that stupid labor that had already been accomplished, due to some ass remembering a moment of that and the body still under ground of that cow under that tree in that moment would no longer serve that greedy "god" that mentally created that as a living corpse to get more work out of such a fine bull.

So knowing past lives means something; when other try to attach or dream you into that slave or servitude... what you didnt like all of those cows er I mean brides I gave you or that son you gave me to leave the kingdom how did you know It was the very rope I tied you to that tree with? Fetter Rahula.

The masters house always has many names to all of those stupid forms and bondage; system after system name after name and yet formlessness. Hen in the midst of Sho yin in the midst of yang... yet your in a continual reaping, of hand to mouth labor just like any monkey knowing not to fall in and yet cup a nice fresh bowl for thirst.

And that's about as far as the god/titan tries to allow then bam destruction of the earth again until that memory wakes up to repeat the same cycle over and over and over.

So hey stop... dead already; just wait curl up in that grave and listen all those not self will march around echoing stupid from stupid in that link of causation called contact or in computer terminology PING but dont you want to play PONG?

Un no so box with a box with a box?

Youve had enough graves to come face to face with all ancestors and need not explain a single thing to yet more stupid on top of stupid grating more stupid like it matters.

Knowing even the fetter he was toed to that tree with would one day be a cause of contact to become awake and sentient? From the blood and sweat on it the life found on it? Elements was the study; no wood that is the raft or body from one shore to the other that the three poisons use to cross to decay grasp and decieve body, speech and mind... when all is mind when consciousness does not need words; find it.

PING opps you dropped the ball.

Now stop all of that racket and learn listen never even existed.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Nice point of view, I would go further to say that life's job is to detach us from what we are. From there on, there is a choice for those who dare to break away from the power of all mod-cons. Lifes gift is in selling us a wonker bar as an alternative to reality. Boy, it sure does a good job of convincing us at times. a reply to: Akragon

new topics

top topics

join