It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My 12 yr old DJ'ing on the Traktor Kontrol S2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Caught him earlier today playing around on my decks. Though he is in the Jackin' House vibe at the moment (which many don't like) i loved catching him off guard & him catching me off guard. And, as this is my work, i had to share this. Even on ATS

He truly impressed me on his beat mixing, for a 12 year old.

Today, i am truly a proud dad

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have that same controller
, I just need to rearrange my desk to better accomdate it when im using it.

Trakto Pro is an amazing software as well. So versatile and easy to use. Kids these days can operate technology like no other.. well, cept me (i own that shiz) ;D
edit on 13/7/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

A truly great controller. I wanted the S4, as most would, but imo it was a bit overpriced to import it. But, honestly, if the S2 handles like this, i can only believe the S4 being a true gem to work on.

Then again, i hardly use the controller as i am more in the production side. My S2 maybe sees light once a week or if i do a charity gig

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

A truly great controller. I wanted the S4, as most would, but imo it was a bit overpriced to import it. But, honestly, if the S2 handles like this, i can only believe the S4 being a true gem to work on.

Then again, i hardly use the controller as i am more in the production side. My S2 maybe sees light once a week or if i do a charity gig

Yeah i wanted the S4 as well, pricey here too...
I caught the s2 on sale though, it was a good price and it's just a solid piece of machinery.

If he's playing around with that at his age, you might have a young talent growing right there. Has he played around with your midi equipment? (assuming you have midi keyboards or mpcs). Do want an mpc

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

haha, me too! The S2 was almost half the price few months ago and i grabbed it! Well, had to import the bugger, but still, saved almost half the money.

And now, recently, they had the S4 going for 700 Euro! Should have waited!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I have one guess..

Do you watch a lot of youtube?
. When the sale was on a few months back. Every yt commercial was selling it.. i happened to run into some money and voila ;D

Got it at the same time =P haha. Advertizing at its best i guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Picked up the S4, expensive controller, returned it, purchased 2 Pioneer CDJ 2000 instead. I can't get into the whole laptop dj nonsense, and the autosync is just lame. I'll stick to the vinyl and CDJ, at least I can control Traktor if I want to via midi and have the best of everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

Today, i am truly a proud dad

You have every right, he did a great job handling that like a little pro. Good thing he didn't know you were behind him, he probably would have stopped.
edit on 13-7-2012 by neOrevolutionist because: removed video link

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Picked up the S4, expensive controller, returned it, purchased 2 Pioneer CDJ 2000 instead. I can't get into the whole laptop dj nonsense, and the autosync is just lame. I'll stick to the vinyl and CDJ, at least I can control Traktor if I want to via midi and have the best of everything.

Yeah im not a huge fan of the auto sync button. I just figure it out as i go. I like my technology and i have it on my main rig ;D, powerful machine.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
12 yo and it sounds better than some professional gigs I've seen in my day. That's pretty cool even if it's not your style.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes, got a midi

I was looking at the Denon controller, as it was affordable and with luck i saw the the Traktor. Traktor's got a few deals on at the moment i see. I did have some issues after installing the latest software which caused some aggravation. Couldn't get my headphones working, but their technical side was quite helpful.

My next babies will be the KRK's Rokits 8. I am using the small ones and they are simply amazing. I bought the Ultrasone DJ PRO 2900 headphones and they are very disappointing. They going back tomorrow actually, and i am going to go for good ol Sennheisers. Looking for the Linears, and they are about a 100 Euros cheaper than the Ultrasone Pro's.

Imo, a way overrated set of headphones. No bass, as it sounds distorted against any of my others. I read the manual/booklet that they are about 40% softer than "their competitors" but still have the same quality without damaging ones ears. Total BS. When one have monitors facing you you need to hear what is going on.

And when looking at the price of those headphones they are more or less the same i paid for my Traktor! A total waste of money.

Originally posted by neOrevolutionist

You have every right, he did a great job handling that like a little pro. Good thing he didn't know you were behind him, he probably would have stopped.

Truly kind words!

I suppose he would have stopped straight away if he would have seen me, yes
But, once the headphones are on, and one is in your own world, you don't notice much. My fiance was sitting on the couch behind him for minutes watching him, and he didn't notice her.

That's when i took the chance to get him on video

Originally posted by boncho
12 yo and it sounds better than some professional gigs I've seen in my day. That's pretty cool even if it's not your style.

Thank you boncho! Really nice of you to say

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Oooh, the rokits are nice.
I just got a pair of M-Audio AV30s or something, they scream for being not powerful. I live in an apartment so that's fine =P.

I bought a pair of Pioneer HDJ-1000's, (170 bucks CAD). Best headphones i've ever owned. But im a recent devotee to this little toy i have ;D, If its one thing i enjoy its learning a piece of equipment.

It just so goes that all the good mixing i've done i haven't gotten recorded =P, and when i try to record i find that its not great at all. Its like i have a subconscious shyness to recording myself. Was the same way with guitar.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
reply to post by KaelemJames

Oooh, the rokits are nice.
I just got a pair of M-Audio AV30s or something, they scream for being not powerful. I live in an apartment so that's fine =P.

I bought a pair of Pioneer HDJ-1000's, (170 bucks CAD). Best headphones i've ever owned. But im a recent devotee to this little toy i have ;D, If its one thing i enjoy its learning a piece of equipment.

It just so goes that all the good mixing i've done i haven't gotten recorded =P, and when i try to record i find that its not great at all. Its like i have a subconscious shyness to recording myself. Was the same way with guitar.

Took back the Ultrasones Pro 2900, and, you gonna laugh now or be like "WTF?!" .. I took a pair of Skullcandys, Mix Master. Still in the $300 range, so they are not el cheapos. I listened to some Sennheisers (cheaper range, not Linears) 2 different sets of Pioneers (one was about $150 and the other about $250) I loved the more expensive set but the cups did not sit nice for the price. The sound was great. True dj phones.

After some convincing from everyone at the shop i took a listen to the Mix Master and was truly beyond impressed. No other headphone in that price range could come close to it. I for one do not follow the trend of buying celeb phones like the Beats etc. Btw, the Beats, i did give them a go, no chance against the pioneers or sennheisers.

So after going through Beyerdynamics, Sennheiser, Pioneer, Beats, Samson, i was left with two options, the pioneer or mix master.

Also tried a pair of Sony's, but they were babies against all the others.

The Candy Mix Master are pure mixing phones. I would not put them up there with Sennheiser or other great names in studio phones, but oh, they are power.

new topics

top topics

join