It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gozillionaire game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just a fun game for anyone that wants to play. Let's say that you just woke up, and you have pretty much a limitless supply of money to do with as you please. What would you do with it? Try to keep it along the lines of seriousness. No, "I would buy a lambo!" responses please.

I'll go first and mine is from the perspective of an American.

I would start a company specialized in aerospace engineering research and development and manufacturing. I would provide fair employment to as many people as possible. I would encourage them to come forth with ideas, no matter how ridiculous they may seem. I would push the idea of increased space exploration in the public eye, and provide educational funding to future and current employees that share my goals. I would increase production speed and lower the cost of aerospace vehicles and satelites.

I would also start an aeronotical engineering research and development and manufacturing company along the same lines as the previous company. Specializing in high performance and high efficiency aircraft.

I would start a third branch of my empire specializing in metallurgical engineering and manufacturing. This branch would be ran using the same ideals as the previous two, and would endeavor to lower the cost of raw materials and increase the quality.

What would you do, if you could?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I would purchase a nice chunk of land in an area safe from catastrophic events (if such a place exists) where I can live off the land. It would require renewable water and energy supply which I could take care of.

And of course I would take all my friends and family on the vacation of a lifetime. We all need to get away from it all once in a while. Money is best spent with your loved ones.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Also American. I would purchase art. Someone has worked to create it. I would then donate that art to beautify public spaces.
Art is the reflection of who we are, and we could always use a spruce up by looking in a mirror.
I would tip extravagantly. People who 'wait on' others, earn every dime and they do not get paid much.
I would support my local library. A place that supports individual freedom, literacy and personal growth, as well as a neat place to find some fun. Who doesn't love a good book?
I am religious, so I would support various causes within my Church.
Forgot to add, I would buy politicians!

edit on 13-7-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would buy an island and build a full size concrete, non scalable wall all around, with automatic sentry vulcan cannons and motion detectors. Then I would build an underground city like in Resident Evil... underneath a 5th century castle...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Buy my way into the secrets of the world. Build lowcost housing for people who need it. Help out truly poor people. Start my own town in my country, New Zealand. Build a high speed monorail in the north island of NZ. Buy into Virgin Galactic. Go to space and place my own satellite with 18 4k HD cameras up there to keep an eye out for anything interesting. Dig up those Russian "alien mushroom defences" in that swamp. Fund someones research into some scientific idea like anti-grav. Fly to the north and sole poles. Go to all the places on "Ancient Aliens" to have a look (pyramids, sunken city off the coast of Japan, lake titicaca, etc). Submarine down to see where that Bimini Island cable goes down to (from UFO Hunters). Fund an Aaron Sorkin movie. Build a floating city in the ocean. Build an undersea city. and many many other things. lol

btw it gAzillionaire.
edit on 13/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think I'd have a really good time if I had an endless amount of money, but going by a lot of the information I get from elsewhere on this site, I imagine I would wind up making up some grand scheme to enslave the entire world and obtain total control over everything and everyone with all of my gazillions of moneys!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I would have to stage a Coupe in Vietnam with purpose to capture the country and its Rubber Industry, then become a Tire gajillionaire only for the purpose of taking stupid names off of tires like "Hankook"

NOT

I would have to pair up with the OP on space and service Black Projects R&D
The secret is to make so much money that when you give it away, such as Oprah, you look like a Saint all the while its still just 10%..........did you think Ms.Windbag gave more than 10% ......................
then come the Yachts, house boats, Nascar Team, private and personal Security consulting, eavesdropping and surveillance

edit on 14-7-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join