It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time my story needs to be heard

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11

I basically don't fit in any mainstream social trends most others engage in.. I am a loner type and prefer solitude. Being around mainstream people actually agitate and deplete my energy.
Most thing I enjoy is making musical sound- I am a decent guitarist.

I can really relate to your post. All the synchronous things going on are overwhelming sometimes. I have another thread on a synchronous event that happened to me fairly recently. But I promise I'm not trying to shamelessly plug other threads of mine! Even though it's in my signature.

I have a great love, respect, and admiration for humanity. I don't agree with everything we do as a species. And I find myself wanting to be alone as well. But, we're all in this together--so be a friend and a neighbor

And I am a drummer
Keep on playing the music! Musicians have a special role and function in society--and I'm not talking about overpaid, over-hyped pop stars either.
edit on 14-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by pasiphae

Much of my research has led to me to Jungian archetypes over and over again. There is something about these "aliens" ingrained in our collective consciousness. It is something deeply rooted in our symbolism as a species. What it means--that's the million dollar question!

It is much the same with religious people who say everybody has an inner sense/idea of god. I agree. Great post (: Very riveting. Perhaps there is a connection there? (IMO, anyways
)
edit on 14-7-2012 by berbishchanish because: 'cause

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Beautiful OP, thank you for sharing your life's experience.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Good story and good read. I am glad you came out okay from the Cancer , i really am , i am not just saying that. I am Christian and as you know , our opinions pretty much differ on .. i dont know .. everything

However , Jesus is not the same as a Hindu God. I dont want to be rude to you , so please dont take it as such. It's just , Jesus in not caught up in Buddhism / Hindu.

The Hindu do have a ufology type view and it is cool , however , Hindu is here and Christianity is over there. You cant be both.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Believe me, it was not my intent to offend or contradict anybody's views. But, I'm afraid I still hold my opinions as stated in the OP.

I suspect every aspect of all cultural religions (world religions;monotheist, polytheist as well as animistic and shamanic beliefs) are a piece to the same puzzle. I believe there is an element of truth in it all.

Many do not share this view. To each their own and we don't have to fight and argue about it

Star for your input. I'm glad you shared your perspective with the thread!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

reply to post by emptyOmind

Great question! Actually, no, I did not see a white guy with long hair. The face was not exactly a portrait either. I saw a purple/indigo impression of a face. It appeared to have a full beard and middle length hair (kind of shaggy, but above the collar).

When I saw it, I knew it was the face of Jesus. I just intuitively knew what I was looking at. But it was only a "shadow" of sorts. Like if he had pressed his face into some damp clay or sand and left an afterimage.

To me, it still looked and "felt" like I was seeing the face of Jesus. I am willing to admit I misinterpreted the image, but I personally do not think so!

I believe that was an etheric image of his face you saw with the equivalent auric emanation, since they generally do not come into a lower density than that. Yes, the Hindu Krishna is the Hindu equivalent of the Christ persona, the second person of the Trinity. But Krishna is the 8th incarnation of Visnu, so the Hindu Trinity is Brahma, Visnu, and Shiva.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Great story, I am curious tho... Now that you've taken a "spiritual journey" what do you make of the nature of theses beings that you've seen?

In other words, with your view of life and "how the world works" what do you they theses other entities are all about?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I still "see" things in very dim or dark settings. In fact, the ceiling fan in our bedroom does all kinds of things (changes shape, size, number of appendages, and even carries out specific activities sometimes) as I lay there, fully awake, and watch it do its thing. I'm in my mid-50s, and have been enjoying night hallucinations since I was a little boy. The difference is that I simply allow them to exist, and find them interesting. I am able to do this because I don't "feel" anything coming from them. If I see a figure standing in front of my bedroom door - which actually happens a lot - and then I watch it walk across the room to the bathroom - which can happen sometime, depending on who-knows-what - it isn't anything other than watching TV for me if I can't "feel" its visceral connection to me as a human being.

Maybe this is why I have such a hard time with claims of seeing angels or demons or "spirit guides" or whatever the popular entities are during a period of time. I see all kinds of stuff that people might embrace as supernatural, but I'm convinced that what I'm seeing is constructed within my own mind and projected in front of my eyes when the ambient lighting is low enough to make that sort of thing possible. As it is, I "see" activity in the periphery of my vision during the day and in brighter setting, and I know that a lot of people believe tat this is also paranormal activity, but I know my own mind pretty well, and since I can't "feel" the presence, I know enough to not embrace these indications as anything other than my own projections.

I have been a songwriter, musician, performer, cartoonist, writer, poet, and sketch artist since I was a little kid, and this sort of issue plagues many people that are like me. Our brains are not wired like the brains of people who are not compulsively creative, and while that's neither good no bad, it is different, and we learn to live with the ramifications of having brains that process information differently.

The one thing that I do know, is that if there is an intelligent, sentient being that enters a shared space with me, I can "feel" it long before it makes its presence known. Its capacity for awareness is immediately picked up by my own capacity for awareness, and this is undeniable when such an encounter occurs. I don't need to wonder if a shadow is a "shadow being" or not. Hell, it might look and act like one but if I can't feel it, it's just my crazy brain projecting it for me to enjoy.

This may not be your own issue, but I'm posting this for any readers who - like you - are searching for answers about visual anomalies that vex them in low ambient lighting. It's not uncommon, and there is a way to tell if the "beings" are real or not. If it is sentient, then it is human. If it's not sentient, then you're projecting it. And you can "feel" sentience, since you're a fully sentient being yourself. This "feeling" is what sentience is all about.

edit on 7/14/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I did not even expect to see it. It was a pleasant surprise!
It only flashed before my closed eyelids for a few briefs moments, but the feeling I got from it was that, "Whichever name you choose, you are watched and loved." I believe it was to show me that there is no correct or incorrect name.

This may be my human bias and personal interpretation getting in the way, but I've learned to follow my intuition in such matters to the correct conclusion (I think!)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alkolyk

I can only speculate on it from this point. But I do believe that there are higher and lower spiritual beings all around us. I believe they attempt to influence us. I called it a tug-of-war in a previous post. I believe we are caught in the crossfire, but still have some unrevealed purpose in the whole scheme.

Disappointed with my answer? Trust me, I am too. I wish I knew more and could say it with more confidence. But then I would be lying.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

there is a réason, why this happened to you. why?

This is exactly what I wanted to point out/ask.

Incredible thread though thank you for sharing OP.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have a similar life as you do

First time I met one of "them" I was trying to hug it, but he was to scared, I was scared to, the fear was really strong, but with time I got used to "them".
If you're crazy than I am to

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Good point and I welcome your perspective. It's a fine contribution. I, too, emphasize so many times that I "feel" a presence or feel something "watching" me. I believe it is this sentience that we can sense.

But we must be careful in using this "sense" of 'otherness' to make the final judgement. In sleep paralysis, many feel the presence, see the image, and heard the voice..but it is an internal matter.

It requires a very discerning judgment as to what exactly is going on sometimes and whether it is internal or external. Feeling the sentience is important though.

Did you see my post about how elk and deer hunters claim that their targets often appear to "sense" them in the blinds? I believe we have a similar instinctual tool.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You prettymuch nailed it.

My own experiences don't warrant my own thread or even a post. I draw on them from time to time but most of it had only one point.

And that was to get to work.

Some of the darkest and most inhuman creatures are ancient and wise that have...affection and emotions of thier own. Love thats less closeness and more of a respect that you.. and living things in general "belong".

Then there are the other guys.. they can be extremely civil or just chaotic and harassing and typicly the retrograde forces will only attack you if they feel theyll gain something. Energy.. influence..a meal of fear etc. So the idea is as long as your un appealing or can "defend" yourself correctly then you wont even have to worry about it.

Thought the more intimidating seem to relish a good fight you just need to trust in who you are.. Your own source of love and be secure in that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First off, I want to thank you for being brave enough to share your story! My respect for you has led me to finally create an ATS account after years of visiting the site on a daily basis (this is my first post, actually).
I’ve had similar experiences to yours over the years (sleep paralysis, hallucinations, seeing figures etc.). I won’t go into detail about these occurrences because I don’t want to take away from your thread, but I do want to bring something else I’ve been experiencing more recently to your attention in hopes that you might give me your opinion on it. It has puzzled me more so than all the other phenomenon that I mentioned we both have experienced... It’s very rare that I can find someone with whom I can share this with that actually has experienced similar occurrences (I’m sure you can relate). I’ll try to be brief…
A few months ago I started to see a spiral shape that I can only describe as a “galactic disk” whenever I close my eyes. When I first started seeing the disk it was purple, but since then I’ve seen it be red, blue, and green and I can even change what color it is just by thinking of one them. It would play like a short clip, over and over again in the same pattern… I see the rotating disk from different angles; it would start as a plane and then gradually spin so that where the “dark whole” would be comes into my vision and it would send me down the spiraling tunnel as if I was traveling at warp speed. I don’t have to focus too much in order for it to come into my vision and I can see it whenever I close my eyes (although, sometimes the visual is sharper than others).
As you probably can imagine, the consistency in which I perceive this has caused a great deal of confusion. But, that’s not where it ends. As time has gone by, I’ve had more variations of visuals when I truly focus. This ranges from seeing my own face, from seeing arms with hands that call me to come forward, to arms with hands that actually seem to be controlling the “spiraling disk” I see, to this blue figure that looks like Dr. Manhattan who sometimes pushes some other figure into the “black whole”, to just plain scary figures, to stars… even full blown “events” that include helicopters flying by… and sometimes whatever image I hold in my mind manifests. The list goes on. These experiences sometimes bring a euphoric feeling that is centered at my navel and/or a pulse between my eyes…
You mentioned how you have visuals when in a meditative state. I don’t necessarily have to be meditating when I see these visions. Sometimes I can even see them with my eyes open when I focus and the visuals overlap what I’m seeing. I hope I gave enough info to start some type of dialog.
Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid

there is a réason, why this happened to you. why?

This is exactly what I wanted to point out/ask.

Incredible thread though thank you for sharing OP.

I haven't the foggiest why. Why did what exactly happen to me? The encounters/visions and cancer episode? I did state in another previous post that I believe it was a process of breaking me down and forcing me to rebuild myself in a new way: spiritually, psychologically, emotionally, and even physically.

I believe the pain of traumatic events and illnesses is a way for some of us to resolve any lingering negative karma and that once the karma is resolved, then we can start heading in the right direction. Don't worry if you haven't have a major life event (although I'm sure most everybody has), it simply means you're enjoying some good karmic results at the moment..so enjoy!

Also, shamans often speak of a similar process wherein the shamans have an initiation or trial (usually involving something like a major illness, traumatic event, or brush with death etc) that opens a communication between themselves and the spirit realm.

I am not a shaman or a yogi. I am just trying to draw on some other cultural perspectives that may illuminate the process I went through. I believe everybody will undergo a similar process at some time or another--whether they want to or not.

But, what do I know, really?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

The Hindu do have a ufology type view and it is cool , however , Hindu is here and Christianity is over there. You cant be both.

I beg to differ. It is rather not broadminded to exlude other religions from one's understanding. I know most people in any given religion feel that their religion is the only one way to get back to God, but even Christianity evolved out of the earlier Judaic religion, and Buddhism and Hinduism predate Christianity. To imagine that no person from the Hindu religion could experience God is to be closed about man's relationship with God to begin with, as though man had no relation with God whatever till Christ came forth. To understand the Hindu religion, one must understand storytelling, and archetypes. Jung also dealt with archetypes, and even the Greek gods are archetypal. Visnu is the second person of the Hindu trinity and therefore the Hindu persona of the Son.
In the documentary called, "The Lost Years of Jesus" it is suggested that Jesus traveled to the East and there learned many of his gifts such as walking upon water as many eastern adepts know also how to do such things. He likely also taught there as well. The reknowned Madame Elisabeth Caspari traveled to a Buddhist monastery where the lama told her that documents said, "your Jesus was here". He was called St. Issa in that area. This supposedly accounts for the time while he was a teen and years unaccounted for in the Bible. Then he comes back at 33 and begins his ministry.
I know Christians do not want to hear this type of thing and will shut it out, but even Jesus would not want us to engage in idolatry of his being.
It is idolatry which stops many of us from recognizing our own divinity and displace it into the person of Jesus. I do not believe Jesus wanted us to deny our own divinity while promoting himself as the only Son of God. He was a wayshower with a pure image. He told us, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."
John 14:12 King James

What works did Jesus do? He walked on water, changed water into wine, multiplied the loaves and fishes. Are we not entreated by Jesus himself to follow in his footsteps?
I recommend reading "The imitation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis.

Finally, why is the Battle of Armageddon in both biblical scripture and the Bagavad Gita? Something to think about.
Best regards

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by pasiphae

Much of my research has led to me to Jungian archetypes over and over again. There is something about these "aliens" ingrained in our collective consciousness. It is something deeply rooted in our symbolism as a species. What it means--that's the million dollar question!

I, too, am afraid of going camping in the wilderness. I feel vulnerable. But I think that mostly has to do with watching movies and reading stories like The Communion. I have never actually had any experiences while out in the woods.

Edit: Also thought I'd mention that many tribal, shamanic cultures stay out of the woods lest they disturb the evil spirits that live there.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your post.
edit on 13-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

i don't know what my fear stems from. as a kid i never watched any movies that would cause me to have this fear. i've also never had any bad experience in the wilderness. i just know that years ago i was dating this guy who's mother had a house in the country. we went to visit her and she had a mobile home on the property. we stayed in that. i could hardly stand to be outside after the sun went down and when trying to sleep i had to have EVERY window shade closed as good as possible and i was TERRIFIED. i was on the verge of panic and i had no idea why. it seemed absurd to me but i couldn't help it. it was as if I KNEW if i looked out the window an little grey man would be staring back at me. i was traumatized by the weekend and nothing even happened. i won't stay in a house that far from a road ever again.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownacademy

Excellent post and I'm glad you joined! I also lurked for years on an almost daily basis before joining. I must confess that I am hardly the highest authority on some of these subjects. But, now that you've joined ATS, beware of many who claim to be experts but certainly just talk a lot of trash

As I was reading the last paragraph of your post, I instantly thought "oooh..that sounds like the 'tunnel'!" Lo and behold, a few lines further down you described it exactly as that.

This tunnel seems to be something within us. Some sort of connection to all that is. I don't know if you're familiar with astral travel or out of body experiences, but it appears that one must traverse this tunnel before undergoing such an experience.

When one meditates, they are really focusing on the point between the eyebrows (sometimes called the third eye, but I like to keep it simple). This point is the seat of consciousness and beyond is the tunnel. It has been described to me that as we meditate, we slowly creep deeper and deeper down this dark tunnel until suddenly...illumination!..literally the light at the end of the tunnel.

Seeing colors is also common. The swirling disk I believe is consciousness itself (but please don't quote me on that until we can get some more well-versed meditation experts in on the discussion.)

Whenever I speak of meditation in any of my posts. I am always speaking with direct, first-hand experience unless otherwise noted I might say "well according to this text" or "some make this claim". Thanks for asking and I hope I offered at least a small help.

The best help I can offer is..keep seeking. The answers will come if you have an honest desire to find the answer. Use your intuition and use good judgement as not every answer is going to be the right one for you. It takes patience--if my story has said nothing at all--it has certainly said "patience is the key"...and that's not just because it took so long to read

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
My BS meter is pegged. There's so many tell-tale signs that this is a fabricated story it's ridiculous. You've been had ATS
Ok story though. Writing course homework maybe?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join