It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planes Could Be Refuelled By Ground-Based Lasers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk

Planes could in soon be refuelled mid-flight by ground-based lasers after successful tests of the technology.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-7-2012 by christafinias because: Typo

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I used the search function and couldn't find any threads related to this.
i also hope it's the right forum - mods feel free to move it where appropriate

i think this could be really useful however i cant help but think what if something go's wrong.

the wireless transfer of energy, this has so much potential.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Not bad! Could be a future in this, unless big oil stops it.

We should eventually use this technology to bring solar energy from the moon towards earth, now that would be efficient and clean.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
could this technology be utilized for space travel? ie beaming power or fuel to space ships in orbit or would the atmosphere diffuse the beam to much to be used in such a manner? sorry for the breif comment but this kinda stuff goes over my head usualy but star and flag op

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is Tesla technology, plain and simple.

Tesla claimed he had the knowlege to power all vehicles using directed energy sources. There isnt any product of directed energy better than a laser.

Therefor, if this is true, in theory there is no more need for carbon based fuel.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I thought pointing lazers at planes was a horrible, despicable crime these days.

It's an interesting idea though, not sure how it would play out though in the end.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If they can do it with planes, then why not autos?

2nd

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I love how crap gets put into mainstream with grammar errors. "planes could in soon".

What? Seems legit. Not.

edit on 13-7-2012 by AlienAgendah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

could this technology be utilized for space travel? ie beaming power or fuel to space ships in orbit or would the atmosphere diffuse the beam to much to be used in such a manner?

i was wondering the same thing. i should imagine that if they do have this technology then using it on space craft would be possible, which in turn could allow us to travel further up there and do more.
i think laser is a light so it should travel fast, straight and for long distances (uninterruped) so again advantagous.
i work as in engineering and i'm sure an electrician mentioned about appliances in the house all running of wireless energyat the time i thought 'yeah right', now i see he could have been right.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienAgendah

Its totally legit, fellow member.

lightweight, stealthy design and very low acoustic signature derived from the extended assembly designed for the electrical motor, Stalker is claimed to be uniquely quiet, making it highly suitable for spec-ops role.

Please view this source material.

If Lockheed can beam power wirelessly to an airplane that can travel at altitudes of 15,000, why the hell couldnt we beam power to an electric car?

Some one shot themselves in the foot inside DARPA when they said TESLA WAS A KOOK! Everything the military has is TESLA INSPIRED!

Dust off the work bench people. If the military has it, its possible to build on a cheap, cheap budget. All tesla inventions were made for the people. The man knew it all, and this is proof positive, scientific that he was correct all along.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

nice post, good find.
can you imagine how much things could change!
I'm loving the idea of people knock up this kind of equipment in there little garage/shed work shops.
Also if this is TESLA inspired then is it safe to say that they've had this technology for a very long time?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
reply to post by W3RLIED2

nice post, good find.
can you imagine how much things could change!
I'm loving the idea of people knock up this kind of equipment in there little garage/shed work shops.
Also if this is TESLA inspired then is it safe to say that they've had this technology for a very long time?

Oh yeah, big time!

Tesla passed in 1943 and all of his non pat. pending inventions were completely wiped. Or more likely shelved in some military think tank somewhere in the states.

With a fundamental understanding of electricity tesla technology is actually pretty simple in its form. Thats what has attracted me to the enigma surrounding the man in the first place, and now to see that the military has done nothing but weaponize all of it my worst fears have been paired up with some of my greatest pleasures in life.

Tesla had prophetic visions of what would happen if his ideas got into the wrong hands..... This makes feel wholly different about my opinions on HAARP, now.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Bit of a stretch here but if they have this technology and it is TESLA technology then what other Tesla theories have they actually made into reality?
Tesla had a theory about ion proppelled aircraft, that looked saucer/cigar shaped. say they did make this, then they would be testing it like the refuelling laser which could be an explaination for UFO's. that they are actually man made Tesla inspired craft.
sorry my thoughts are straying now.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
For any hardware hackers out there, here is some basic tech ( nerd ) stuff on how you could conceivably build this in your garage. I think we can take the numbers seriously, its from NASA...

Small electric UAV

Essentially its a small flying computer, made from foam, glue, a camera, a lithium battery power supply bla bla bla.

Im looking for the current DoD integrated timeline for UAVs in a PDF form.... If not i have to find a digi cam. I have a hard copy, its not secret or anything.

Damn, I am on a roll right now. I was looking for the old one and found the new one! CLICK ME and scroll to page 28.
edit on 13-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Added cool link

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

That would be too smart and too inexpensive.

2nd

Agreed

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

2nd

Loss of profit.... of course

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk

Planes could in soon be refuelled mid-flight by ground-based lasers after successful tests of the technology.

edit on 13-7-2012 by christafinias because: Typo
------>

Great.
That would end disasterous consequences of cr@ppy fuel planning.

Houston we have a problem, could you please transfer us another 10 tons of A1?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That would be too smart and too inexpensive.

2nd

Agreed

It is against the law to shoot energy down. Radiation laws. But it is OK to shoot it into the sky, just not at aircraft, so the entire technology is against the law. I guess they will have a special permit. If they can shoot an artillery shell in flight, they can keep a beam on a plane at high speeds.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
This is Tesla technology, plain and simple.

Its nothing whatsoever to do with Tesla.

This is very much like solar power. Illuminated by a laser isntead of the sun.

...the process works much like solar power, where the sun shines on a photovoltaic receiver (solar cell) that converts the sunlight to electricity. We take electricity from a source such as a wall plug or generator and convert it into light (via laser).
That light is transmitted over a long distance to a photovoltaic receiver that converts the light back into electricity, where it can be used to run a motor, charge a battery, or anything else you’d want to run on electricity!

For anyone who actually bothered to follow the links, the huffington post article stole the content from a Lockheed Martin press release, where they state they are using technology from Lasermotive.

So of course one (of the many) reasons why you cant run cars by this is because you'd need a dedicated laser transmitter for each and every car on the road, within visual sighting distance.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Yes. There was a rocket design that was tested on the very small scale, years ago, that had a curved bottom, and spun really fast. A laser was shot repeatedly at it, captured on that curve, and boosted it higher. The laser was shot very rapidly on and off. It hits the parabola, and causes the air to "explode", each explosion pushes the rocket forward. No more fuel, or rocket motors.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join