It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Storms going the wrong way!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
We had a storm move through East Tennessee last week (July 5, 2012) that came in from the North/East. The winds were very severe, 2 people died in the Great Smoky Mountains from downed trees.

This type of storm movement is unusual for our area, but it seems to be happening more often. I'll never forget many years ago (probably about 10+) my husband & I watched the Weather Channel in amazement as a ball like storm cell moved in a straight like from Ohio, through Kentucky, into Tennessee. I really wish I had tried to video tape the tv & document it. It was crazy.

OiO

We do get some interesting weather here (East TN), usually one extreme to another. I have noticed the storm patterns and cloud movements are becoming more erratic the last few months. Oh yea a "Hey neighbor" felt in order for Oneisne.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
In Missouri I've been watching clouds (including large storms) moving towards the west all week. It's not normal but it's happened here in the past. I can't comment on what the doppler shows as I haven't looked at it but if indeed they're showing false data then that's quite strange. Generally when I want to get a sense of the weather I go outside and look at the sky, sniff the wind, feel the humidity and pressure. Never did trust the weatherman. Earlier this week I looked up at some storm clouds and they were all going different directions simultaneously. It was chaos.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by circlemaker
Earlier this week I looked up at some storm clouds and they were all going different directions simultaneously. It was chaos.

Same thing with our last big storm system, I actually watched two storms "clash" together. I have never witnessed so much lightning in a entire year than I did that one night. It was awesome to behold.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPYvsSPY
If you live near the Great Lakes this is a normal occurance. With the difference of temp of the lakes, land, and air the storms form from all angles, lake effect. Check out the radar over Michigan now and then and the storms will sit there and spin around for a couple days.

I do live right on Lake Huron and I have lived here all my life in the same city.......
I say nonsense as I have never witnessed this stuff in my 50+ Years living in the same city.

The radar over Michigan or for that matter Ontario never never has done this in years gone by.

If you are curious you can search ATS for " inland hurricane" or something like that and you will see that this is a new happening and not seen before.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I've noticed the same thing in Alabama. Most storms here have always tended to hit us from the South-West. Over in the couple of weeks, everything has been coming from North-East.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I say rubbish, you say the great lakes have no effect on the weather. I don't figure the weather by what window has water on it or if the leaves fall left or right.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i cant wait. i love a good tstorm. i'm near the coast in MA so i haven't gotten anything yet!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Originally posted by SPYvsSPY
If you live near the Great Lakes this is a normal occurance. With the difference of temp of the lakes, land, and air the storms form from all angles, lake effect. Check out the radar over Michigan now and then and the storms will sit there and spin around for a couple days.

I do live right on Lake Huron and I have lived here all my life in the same city.......
I say nonsense as I have never witnessed this stuff in my 50+ Years living in the same city.

The radar over Michigan or for that matter Ontario never never has done this in years gone by.

If you are curious you can search ATS for " inland hurricane" or something like that and you will see that this is a new happening and not seen before.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 2-9-2010 by SPYvsSPY because: Watch your radar 8-11-12

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join