It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla bagged by Thomas Edison!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I found this comic strip on StumbleUpon and thought that even though Tesla is a vastly posted about person on ATS it was still worth a post. If not just for the humorous writeup! In case you didn't know Tesla invented the radio and Marconi won a nobel prize for 'inventing it'. Tesla proposed Radar technology and Warson-Watt got full credit. Tesla discovered X-Rays and was also the first person to propose that they could damage your health but no-one listened. Tesla built the first Hydroelectric plant and the first transistor.. The list is endless and carries on throughout the comic, check it out.
Source

Apparently Tesla used to work for Edison and Edison robbed Tesla's ideas and patented them himself. Tesla put up with people doing this his whole life until he died alone in a hotel room.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-13-2012 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
If youre going to be vulgar.. at least spell it right. DOUCHE.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Meh. I'm British.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
old news is old.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by Advantage

Meh. I'm British.

Im sure they have vaginal irrigation devices in the UK.

BTW.. on topic, pretty cool find Tech!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

Yet, like 9 out of 10 regular joes I have spoken too have never even heard of Tesla. They have of course heard of Edison though.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The problem with tesla on these boards is that people don't know or (or even care) where the reality ends and the fantasy begins. Yes, he was a prodigious inventor, yes, he got ripped off and not as much credit for his inventions but he also was not infallible. Towards the end of his career, he tottered over to the wrong side of the fine line between genius and insanity, making all sort of fantastic claims that were not supported with scientific evidence. Add to this people's habit of embellishing his accomplishments to fantastical proportions, blurring (or removing altogether) the line between reality and fiction in the process. What you usually end up with is some quasi-factual, quasi-mythical accounts of a great man. Those who push the myth and fiction do a great disservice to his reputation.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by wlord

Yet, like 9 out of 10 regular joes I have spoken too have never even heard of Tesla. They have of course heard of Edison though.

And in most schools they dont teach anything about Tesla. They also dont teach about the ac versus dc war

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Kinda like the Wright brothers did? Everyone bashed the hell out of them, called their notion of flying heavier than air machines fantasy and bull#. Hell, a bunch of prominent "newspapers" went as far as to scream HOAX when they finally did it. The same can be said about so many discoveries before they made it to the "mainstream".

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

The Wright Brothers build on earlier science and innovation. It was only ignorant sectors of the public and media that were sceptical of powered flight, the science had been known for quite some time before. However, I fail to see how any of this is relevant to the OP or my reply

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Great find! That was informative and entertaining

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This was posted last month
Thomas Edison was an idiot; Tesla Was The Greatest Geek EVER!

I love this comic strip. It made me laugh.... a lot. I always liked Tesla and his ideas and I don't feel he ever really quite got the credit he deserved.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Who invented a device to clean vaginas is a real good topic starter. What the hell does a douche have to do with Tesla?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
don't forget JP Morgan too.,..he f*cked one over on Nikola Tesla real bad.

we will not forgive...we will not forget!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I agree, Edison only had marketable inventions that werent free energy. Tesla would have had us all free electricity..I beleive the spelling"doosh" has become acceptable, its not a cool the other way.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed and vulgar title edited.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join