Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Programming the Divine Experience

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have a friend that recently posted on Facebook a spiritual "experience" that happened to her after seeking some answers regarding the Bible from the preacher at her church. There was a few things that stood out pretty clear to me in her "testimony" that made me believe that she was programmed to have the experience. Due to respect for her privacy, I won't quote her exact words, but I'll give a general outline of the experience.

The first couple things I noticed in her story was that she had been primed for the meeting before she walked in the door. It was in statements like "I knew God was going to let me have an answer about this church by the time I left" and "When I first walked in, he read me like a book, w/out knowing me personally, at all".

The most telling part of her "testimony" that revealed religious programing was to be found in statements like these: "We did this prayer, it was like a meditation/visualization/prayer, all at once.", "He had me focus on my breathing, in silence, eyes closed, lights out. I did.", " Then I was to see myself in a hallway walking towards a door, I saw this very clear", and " I was to thnk what I wanted my "room/place" to be on other side of door"...All these techniques are used in meditation and hypnotism.

She went on to describe how she "witnessed" her father and Jesus come to her and tell her what to do. Here's another little clue: "He (Jesus) told me to "follow him" just like he told his disciples, he told me he's "working through me", and I know he is." Notice that there was not a "personal" conversation, but simple lines that have be repeated constantly in religious teaching? There were not comments directed towards a personal connection, but general statements that had subliminally entered the subconsious mind or had been placed there by the preacher during the meeting.

She is convinced that she had a real spiritual experience, and had a divine meeting with Jesus and her father. To me she was programmed to have an experience thru planned techniques such as meditation and hypnotism. She was guided to feel exactly what the preacher had planned to keep her a member of the church.

I'm curious to see if other members here see this "experience" as a matter of religious programming like I do, or is it a genuine spiritual awakening? IMO, it's a perfect setup. Take someone that questions the beliefs, expose them to a deep meditative/hypnotic state, and guide them into an experience within their mind that they believe is really happening. This is a very powerful tool for religion, and one that I'm sure is used regularly along side many others.

This thread is not designed to debate the existence of God, nor any religion itself, but to discuss whether tools such as meditation and hypnotism play a part in Divine Experiences, and are used by religious leaders to produce a "false" experience.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

your friend needs deprogramming NOW
she has been scooped up by an MKULTRA V.3.0 Cult no doubt

the mega churches [V.2.0] among others are the primary inheritors of all the data developed by these disgusting inhuman experiments

educate-yourself.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thanks for the link. There's alot to read there.

I wonder how close you are to the reality of mind control and religion today. Something about my friend's experience just clicked in my mind as wrong when I read it. I think it was the complete submission to the whole thing that seems off. There was no hint of questioning or wondering if the experience was real.

I've done quite a bit of meditation in the past, so I'm aware of what it can do. I have no doubt she saw the experience in her mind. What bothers me is that it seems to have been programmed there to produce something having such an emotional impact that believing anything other than what is taught by the church is not accepted.

edit on 13-7-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Yes. This is religious programming. Throw some NLP in there along with the hypnosis and guided meditation. She needs to be told what has been done to her, if you can talk with her. Also, you may want to read this link, and then show it to her if you feel it's appropiate.

The battle for your mind

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

While reading the information at your link, I noticed this immediately:

Conversion Tactic 1: The meetings or training takes place in an area where participants are cut off from the outside world

That's exactly what happened.

Conversion Tactic 2: A schedule is maintained that causes physical and mental fatigue. This is primarily accomplished by long hours in which the participants are given no opportunity for relaxation or reflection.

She specifially said in her story that the meeting was to have been for on hour, but actually lasted for 2 hours and 40 minutes.

I'll continue reading the information from your link, but so far, it seems to be in line with what she experienced.

I did make some comments to her about this being programming, but was met with a defensive stance, and she made it clear that NOTHING could be done to change her mind.
edit on 13-7-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I'm curious to see if other members here see this "experience" as a matter of religious programming like I do, or is it a genuine spiritual awakening? IMO, it's a perfect setup.

I would say no, it was not a genuine experience. Father is very big on doing things in secret and alone, not in a group setting like that. Just look in the gospels, many things are done in secret or alone. Even Jesus, coming from above, went into the forest and had his experience with Satan in private (in the spirit). Paul, John, Daniel, all had experiences done alone. This is not the only answer, but one side of the coin, so to speak.
edit on 13-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I did make some comments to her about this being programming, but was met with a defensive stance, and she made it clear that NOTHING could be done to change her mind.

You see why many stay glued to these types of churches. Take a look at the TV with the prayer towels, or prayer rugs. Another gimmick to get money. They stay, and write blank checks, and the people in charge, freely take the money. But, do you see any social programs from these churches? This what the money was supposed to be for, when it was written in scripture.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

While I'm not religious, I agree with you...It would seem that if God was working in someone, it would be done in private, not thru a 3rd party. If not done in private, then on a large scale.

I fully support people that find comfort in faith, but things like this cause me to question where that faith comes from sometimes. I think people should be allowed to question all things, not just be forced into a belief and left with no natural thought process to question everything around you.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I think people should be allowed to question all things, not just be forced into a belief and left with no natural thought process to question everything around you.

Father takes special interest in those that ask questions, and not just go along with the status quo.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Terms like programming, NLP and hypnosis are all so vague that pretty much anything could be said to those things. It is pretty clear that you already have your mind made up that she was programmed.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

Then what words should be used to describe something such as this then?

Yes, I do pretty much believe she was programmed, but simply by creating this thread, and looking for ideas and opinions, it should show that I am open to possibilities. I'm not the type of person that locks my beliefs in stone. I question things until I have nowhere else to look. In this case, my beginning opinion is that she has been programmed into having a false spiritual experience, and where it leads, I shall see...if you have ideas or opinions that can give me more insight into the situation...I'm listening...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Back when I was a Christian, I would have gotten defensive too. Once you are indoctrinated, it isn't easy to break, especially if one is pre-disposed, as she seems to be. I wish you luck. Hopefully you'll gain some insight from the links provided in this thread that may be able to help her.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I'm curious to see if other members here see this "experience" as a matter of religious programming like I do, or is it a genuine spiritual awakening?

This thread is not designed to debate the existence of God, nor any religion itself, but to discuss whether tools such as meditation and hypnotism play a part in Divine Experiences, and are used by religious leaders to produce a "false" experience.

My opinion is that all experiences are spiritual, and all experiences are part of the awakening process. Some parts of this story do seem questionable, but experience can't be "true" or "false," it's just experience. I do think it's important for you to express your concern to her, but I recommend that you lead by example and allow her to choose her own path. It would make no sense to force your view on her in order to "save" her from someone who is trying to force their view on her.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wagnificent

I do think it's important for you to express your concern to her, but I recommend that you lead by example and allow her to choose her own path. It would make no sense to force your view on her in order to "save" her from someone who is trying to force their view on her.

I agree...I have made her aware of what I thought of her experience, and I'll most likely leave it there, unless she seeks further comments. I don't want to press my beliefs on anyone, and if she feels genuine enlightenment from her experience, who am I to try to change that?

I do think there's something questionable about the techniques being used here though, and I will be looking into these type of practices.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I will be looking into these type of practices

You didn't say what type of church your friend went to. However, here is an article about research at Stanford into the Vineyard Movement churches, that use some similar methods:

alumni.stanford.edu...

The investigator, a professor of anthropology, makes the link in her own work between Christian and modern magicians' use of the techniques. One aspect which she has investigated experimentally appears in many places, not just religion. That aspect is discssued here:

uncertaintist.wordpress.com...

Perhaps that will help you get started.

If you do know what kind of church your friend went to, then that would be helpful to know.

new topics

top topics

join