It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Denies Fighter Shot Down by Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Turkey Denies Fighter Shot Down by Syria

en.rian.ru

ANKARA, July 13 (RIA Novosti) - The General Staff of Turkey’s Armed Forces on Friday backed down from its previous claim that its fighter jet was downed last month by Syrian forces.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
According to some media reports, the F-4 Phantom probably crashed due to human error after the pilots failed to perform an evasive maneuver to avoid the Syrian missile.

Syria has insisted it engaged the F-4 Phantom "according to the laws that govern such situations" after it strayed into its airspace. Turkey says the plane was in international airspace.

Syrian Information Minister Omran al-Zoebi has said his country's forces may have mistaken the Turkish jet for an Israeli one

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

According to some media reports, the F-4 Phantom probably crashed due to human error after the pilots failed to perform an evasive maneuver to avoid the Syrian missile.

How is this not Syria fault again?! I don't get this, they fired the missile and the PILOTS screwed up by not avoiding it?

SO if I shoot at someone and they fail to dodge my bullet is it their fault?

Or how bout this, I see a neighbor in my yard, but I think its the one I hate and shoot at him, he fails to dodge... I than realize its my other neighbour
edit on 13-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by leosnake

How is this not Syria fault again?! I don't get this, they fired the missile and the PILOTS screwed up by not avoiding it?

SO if I shoot at someone and they fail to dodge my bullet is it their fault?

Or how bout this, I see a neighbor in my yard, but I think its the one I hate and shoot at him, he fails to dodge... I than realize its my other neighbour
edit on 13-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Just because they fired a missile at the plane doesn't mean they hit it they could have missed and the plane was taken out by another jet. Let's see who also had jets up at the same time in the same area and would benefit from a war between Syria and Turkey?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hmmm

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Hmmm

cool post!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Seems the Pskov and Samara VDV brigades put the turks in their place!!!

Thank you Russia for keeping the genocidal fascist usa-nato at bay...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What about the reports of AA impacts visible on the recovered airframe?

They clearly said they were bullet holes from an AA gun 2 weeks ago, now it's a missle?

I'm rapidly nearing the point where I won't believe anything that the MSM reports about the syria situtation.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If it was "taken out by another jet", then there would be traces of explosives, would there not? You're theory makes no logical sense.

Here is an AFP article which is slightly less spun than the OP: In this, the Turks have toned down the language to say "the plane the Syrians claim to have shot down"..

ANKARA — Turkey said it has found no traces of explosives on the wreckage of a fighter jet it has claimed was downed by Syria, raising new questions about the incident that inflamed cross-border tensions.

"No traces of explosives or flammable products were found on the debris recovered from the sea," a statement from Turkey's general staff said on Wednesday, adding that other material was still being examined.

For the first time, the army also declined to use the term "shot down by Syria" instead referring to "our plane that Syria claimed to have destroyed".

Google - AFP article

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Ah,. so, with the launching and imminent arrival of russian ships carrying troops tanks etc....the Turks want to be able to take either road depending on what kind of help is offered to them......They arent read to take on Russian troops because they come backed with a nuclear first strike arsenal if nessessary.....and the wieght of the russian military if not....
urkey would find herself besieged on two sides....
This way they can have their shoot down, and deny it too.....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
What about the reports of AA impacts visible on the recovered airframe?

They clearly said they were bullet holes from an AA gun 2 weeks ago, now it's a missle?

I'm rapidly nearing the point where I won't believe anything that the MSM reports about the syria situtation.

yes, the vaunted Flak with a range of at least three miles (international waters, remember). The Turkish gov't would have to admit they buzzed Syria for the lulz and to allow NATO to instigate another synthetic 'outrage' so they retract.

Well played on Syria's part i must add, exactly what i'd have done, place Flak (100% defensive platform) near likely route of airspace violators and prohibit missile use. if you get the kill, the system's range limitation inherently validates your story. Even MSM couldn't spin that.

besides, that's not the first time such incidents happen, a couple of years ago, a Greek and Turkish fighter jet collide, killing one pilot

news.bbc.co.uk...

does anyone else observe a pattern?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Hmmm

cool post!

Thank you.
As you can see I put a lot thought into it and made a massive contribution to the thread!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Hmmm

top topics

join