It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney helped outsource spy equipment to Iran through China?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
And here is a wonderful look at Romney and terrorism. Or should I say connection to the axis of evil!!

FBI probes China's ZTE over Iran tech deals-report
uk.news.yahoo.com...

LONDON (Reuters) - The FBI has opened a criminal investigation into Chinese telecoms gear maker ZTE Corp's sale of banned U.S. computer equipment to Iran and its alleged attempts to cover it up and obstruct a Department of Commerce probe, the Smoking Gun website reported.

The federal investigations stem from a Reuters report in March that Shenzhen-based ZTE sold Iran's largest telecoms firm a powerful surveillance system capable of monitoring landline, mobile and Internet communications.

So some company from China sold spy equipment to Iran. What does that have to do with Romney?Just look at one of the employees of ZTE. Namely his profile of his past.

cn.linkedin.com...

Kevin Cheng
Investment Director at Fortune Venture Capital

Industry
Venture Capital & Private Equity

Current Investment Director at Fortune Venture Capital
Past Director of Strategic Analysis at Huawei
Marketing Director at Huawei
Marketing Director at ZTE Corporation
Operation Director at ZTE Corporation
Director at ZTE Corporation
Marketing Manager at ZTE Corporation
Senior Software Engineer at ZTE Corporation

He is proud of his work at ZTE. So how is he connected to Romney?

Kevin Cheng's Summary
1.12 years of working experience in Telecom industry and worked worldwide in Latin America,Asia Pacific,Europe and Middle East.

2.I'm now working for Huawei Software,one of product line focusing on the telecom Value-added service and internet applications as an Analyst. I'm strong in market intelligence,competitive intelligence,strategic analysis,business model analysis. Besides traditional telecom VAS such as SDP, RBT,SMS,MMS,IPTV,MTV,BSS,my research also cover mobile internet,web 2.0,blog,SNS,RSS,Wiki,SaaS,Cloud Computing,etc.

3.Ever provided consultation services for investment management,PE and Fund like
acqcap, Credit Suisse Equity Research, Maverick Capital, BCG, Invesco Aim, Alyasny Asset Management (Hong Kong) Ltd, Bain Capital Asia ,JAT Capital Management, Neeraj Chandra at Tiger Global, Ardsley Partner,etc.

He was a consultant for Bain Capital Asia.
Talk about outsourcing. Outsourcing spy equipment to Iran I think is a No!No!

You just can't make this # up!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is just like Koch Industries and Haliburton sending equipment to Iran that Bush and Cheney did.

Koch Brothers Flout Law Getting Richer With Secret Iran Sales
And here is a wonderful look at Romney and terrorism. Or should I say connection to the axis of evil!!

Halliburton operates in Iran despite sanctions
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I think your reaching just a bit and the title to this thread is a complete and total fabrication.

So now the US is into "Guilt by Association"? I would venture a guess that at one time or another we have all come in contact with someone or worked with someone or even employed someone that committed a felony. Does that make us all felons?

In fact by your reasoning here we should hold all business owners to the fire if they happen to employ someone that commits a crime right?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Check out the movie Lord of war. It should explain somethings about this topic and why people arm the 'enemies'.

Arm the enemies, attack the enemies. Make money.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTardis

How about Bain Capital tried to sell US security provider to ZTE Corp also and was stopped bythe US government over security concerns.

seekingalpha.com...

Telecommunications
Chinese telecommunications equipment maker ZTE Corp. plans to focus on organic growth in the near term and isn't in acquisition talks. ZTE isn't interested in acquiring the handset business of U.S.-based Motorola Inc. (MOT) and also isn't keen on purchasing Nortel Networks Corp.'s (NT) technology business. Both companies have been struggling with tepid demand and fierce price cuts by rival vendors in China, and are in the midst of a restructuring program. ZTE's growth strategy is markedly different from its rival Huawei Technologies Co., which has been looking at overseas assets to grow. Late last year, privately held Huawei attempted to acquire Marlborough, Mass.-based 3Com Corp. (COMS) in a US$2.2 billion deal along with Bain Capital Partners LLC. That deal failed to pass a U.S. government vetting process for foreign investment in sensitive industries, because 3Com had contracts to provide security software to the U.S. government. Huawei is considering the sale of a stake in its mobile devices division to a foreign investor.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis
I think your reaching just a bit and the title to this thread is a complete and total fabrication.
So now the US is into "Guilt by Association"? I would venture a guess that at one time or another we have all come in contact with someone or worked with someone or even employed someone that committed a felony. Does that make us all felons?
In fact by your reasoning here we should hold all business owners to the fire if they happen to employ someone that commits a crime right?

Shouldn't we let it shake out before issuing a blanket dismissal of Romney's association? Of course, any connection would be a serious case of sloppiness on his part and not criminal intent. Still, for somebody trying to assert their Presidential mettle...well, I'm pretty certain Obama wouldn't be getting such a free pass as you are suggesting.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Bain plays a big part in spy equipment in China.

www.nytimes.com...

In December, a Bain-run fund in which a Romney family blind trust has holdings purchased the video surveillance division of a Chinese company that claims to be the largest supplier to the government’s Safe Cities program, a highly advanced monitoring system that allows the authorities to watch over university campuses, hospitals, mosques and movie theaters from centralized command posts.

The Bain-owned company, Uniview Technologies, produces what it calls “infrared antiriot” cameras and software that enable police officials in different jurisdictions to share images in real time through the Internet. Previous projects have included an emergency command center in Tibet that “provides a solid foundation for the maintenance of social stability and the protection of people’s peaceful life,” according to Uniview’s Web site.

Such surveillance systems are often used to combat crime and the manufacturer has no control over whether they are used for other purposes. But human rights advocates say in China they are also used to intimidate and monitor political and religious dissidents. “There are video cameras all over our monastery, and their only purpose is to make us feel fear,” said Loksag, a Tibetan Buddhist monk in Gansu Province. He said the cameras helped the authorities identify and detain nearly 200 monks who participated in a protest at his monastery in 2008.

Mr. Romney has had no role in Bain’s operations since 1999 and had no say over the investment in China. But the fortunes of Bain and Mr. Romney are still closely tied.

Bain comment. "Such surveillance systems are often used to combat crime and the manufacturer has no control over whether they are used for other purposes." And I guess now there comment would add or if its sold to Iran.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So did Obama, he let a stealth drone land and sit in the desert practically gift wrapped for Iran to pick up, I wouldn't be surprised if he even gave them the lat and long so they could find it easier.
Because you know, it's not fair that we have all the technology and poorer countries don't.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

That was Russia selling equipment to Iran. And who is Russias favorite cheerleaders? The Koch Brothers who bring you things like The Russian Ballet in New York City. Or how about Ayn Rand fictional writer who is turned into a religion jus like Scientology being based on a fictional writer L Ron Hubbard,

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Its no wonder he has all those secret bank accounts over seas. If that money was ever brought to the US he would be thrown in prison. I guess his business plans are just like his tax plans. Find the loop holes to stay within the law but break the true intent of the laws all you want.

edit on 13-7-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Barely a connection there. I don't like Romney either but come on! And no, you should not say axis of evil - Shame on you for using that term.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And he wouldve gotten away with it too if it wasnt for those meddling kids!
edit on 13-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

from the NYTimes article;

He said the cameras helped the authorities identify and detain nearly 200 monks who participated in a protest at his monastery in 2008.

Mr. Romney has had no role in Bain’s operations since 1999 and had no say over the investment in China. But the fortunes of Bain and Mr. Romney are still closely tied.

The financial disclosure forms Mr. Romney filed last August show that a blind trust in the name of his wife, Ann Romney, held a relatively small stake of between $100,000 and $250,000 in the Bain Capital Asia fund that purchased Uniview.

In a statement, R. Bradford Malt, who manages the Romneys’ trusts, noted that he had put trust assets into the fund before it bought Uniview. He said that the Romneys had no role in guiding their investments. He also said he had no control over the Asian fund’s choice of investments.

The money is in a blind trust.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm, Iran, terrorism, axis of evil. I love the smell of blatant propaganda and bull# in the morning. Oh wait, no I don't.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Its no wonder he has all those secret bank accounts over seas. If that money was ever brought to the US he would be thrown in prison. I guess his business plans are just like his tax plans. Find the loop holes to stay within the law but break the true intent of the laws all you want.

edit on 13-7-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

what ""secret bank accounts over seas"" ??

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
True or not, its funny how things come out in the open....for both sides...especially when the election is approaching in November

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

articles.boston.com...

R. Bradford Malt is best known in legal circles as the chairman of Boston’s largest law firm, Ropes & Gray LLP. But last week, Malt burst into the national spotlight as the trustee responsible for overseeing Mitt Romney’s vast fortune and making controversial decisions to invest some of it in a Swiss bank account and funds based in exotic locales like the Cayman Islands.

Yes Romney hired a crook to create a buffer so Romney can break the intent of the law and still stay legal.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

articles.boston.com...

R. Bradford Malt is best known in legal circles as the chairman of Boston’s largest law firm, Ropes & Gray LLP. But last week, Malt burst into the national spotlight as the trustee responsible for overseeing Mitt Romney’s vast fortune and making controversial decisions to invest some of it in a Swiss bank account and funds based in exotic locales like the Cayman Islands.

Yes Romney hired a crook to create a buffer so Romney can break the intent of the law and still stay legal.

Is this for real

That guy sounds like he got bought out by the Obama Campaign.

Did "Mr. Malt" provide any copies of genuine certified documents ?

I think he is just "talking" as an Obama supporter.

Aside from the obvious, anything considered "confidential" would probably be "illegal" to publish.

but you could be right anyway.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Interesting article about Bain Capital, Huawei Technologies founded by a Peoples Liberation Army officer and tied to ZTE Corp who sold equipment to Iran, Ropes & Gray who runs Mitt Romney's off shore accounts and the U.S. government's second major insider trading trial of the year.

newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
True or not, its funny how things come out in the open....for both sides...especially when the election is approaching in November
Yeah, for every politician except Obama, they keep his skeletons in the closet and ridicule anyone that dares to question something
Careful, your media bias is showing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join