It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice Jumps Ahead of Rubio on fast track to VP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has emerged as a front-runner for Mitt Romney's vice presidential nomination, according to a report Thursday by the Drudge Report.

Romney/Rice

A Romney/Rice tix has a nice ring to it. Better than Romney/Portman, but I still like the sound of Romney/Rubio the best. However, Condi Rice is a very interesting choice, she's black, she's a woman, and she has way more experience than Rubio!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Rubio was just talk for the Mexican interest vote, IMO.

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
but I still like the sound of Romney/Rubio the best.

I bet you many Americans would want a scoop of Romney Rice.

RICE TO HEAD VP - VIDEO:
ca.news.yahoo.com...
edit on 13-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has emerged as a front-runner for Mitt Romney's vice presidential nomination, according to a report Thursday by the Drudge Report.

Romney/Rice

A Romney/Rice tix has a nice ring to it. Better than Romney/Portman, but I still like the sound of Romney/Rubio the best. However, Condi Rice is a very interesting choice, she's black, she's a woman, and she has way more experience than Rubio!

We all need a little R & R.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I wonder of the NAACP would boo her...I doubt it....

Des

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I like Condi for VP, she is an expert on Russian affairs and the far east (China). We need someone who knows what to do when it come to that issue. Plus, she is a woman, a black woman at that, and a minority. That black vote might peel away from Obahma if she's on the ticket. So would the woman vote. Obahma would be left with an empty shoe box and some gum wrappers.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Originally posted by Destinyone

Probably not... but then again, she wouldn't tell the NAACP that if they "want more free stuff from the government, vote for the other guy"... like Romney did.

I don't think Rice would ever accept this position! She's way too smart.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

The NAACP has never backed or defended Clarence Thomas against liberal racism, so I wouldn't expect them to be any different with Rice.

The NAACP only defends liberal colored people much like the NAG's (National Association of Gals) only defend liberal gals.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Rice Jumps Ahead of Rubio on fast track to VP

I find the cynical nature of GOP Election strategy interesting.

It is as if they are still stuck in 2008, where they chose Palin to compete with Hillary...assuming the American people were so dull as to vote simply on gender. It is a false opinion of the American people that was reflected in the thinking that "The only reason Pres. Obama got elected is because he is black!".

Now they have a Rich, White Conservative that suits them as a nominee and they are shopping for either a Latino or African American as VP...all the better if they can land a minority woman!

Again...I think it is a symptom of being stuck in a certain false mindset that the American people are stupid.

McCain did not lose because Pres. Obama was black and Romney will not win if he picks a Latino or African American or even an African American woman.

All that said...Rice? She will not take the job. She already suffered through Pres. GWBs administration, she will not do it again.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Based on her association with the Bush administration, I would not vote for her if she ran for dogcatcher!

No thanks.

We don't need more reminders of Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
She is PRO-CHOICE

How will that sell with his already skeptical base?

I suspect this was a story leaked to swerve the newscycle away from the Bain theme.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You people are such idiots. This story is from Drudge. Drudge is bff with a head Romney staffer. Bain Capital is in the news. Romney staffer floats his bff some bs that will never happen. And bs that will never happen takes over the news cycle for a day.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Rice is about 1 million times smarter then Biden. Would be a nice change to have some brains in the White House. The good kind of intelligence, not the manipulator that we have now.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Rice is about 1 million times smarter then Biden. Would be a nice change to have some brains in the White House. The good kind of intelligence, not the manipulator that we have now.

She is Pro-Choice, soft on immigration...

The Hill sums it up here. The Rice story was leaked to Drudge to change the topic from Bain. She is not the pick.

thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It isn't really going to matter who his VP pick is. This is like trying to figure out how much cheese you need to put on a turd sandwich to make it palatable. It makes no difference your still eating a turd sandwich.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

My personal belief is that Romney needs to do his best to distance himself from Bush to have a chance. McCain failed to do so and he got his clock cleaned. The same will happen to Romney if he parades in a former Bush administration member as VP. He must distance himself and politically I think Rubio or Christie would be a better choice.

Having said that, from what I know about her I think she’s a wonderful person, an extremely smart person and superbly qualified for the job; much more so than the other names being thrown around. I just don’t think that ticket can win because of the Bush stigma.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just submitted a 10-part RANT to my local newspaper, part of it concerning the very topic of voting. If you do not care enough to learn how the voting process works, if you do not care enough to RESEARCH the candidates--what he/she believes in, past scandals or lack thereof, etc.---then please do the rest of us a favor and DON'T VOTE!! Don't vote because your irresponsibility is messing up this country further. "You" keep voting the known liars back in or vote for those new candidates you know nothing about!

Rubio is not Constitutionally eligible to be President, therefore he cannot be VP, either since the President may become incapacitated or die. Contrary to what MSM is telling people, Romney is NOT yet the GOP nominee!!!!!!!!! It may yet be Ron Paul. BTW, Jindal is not Constitutionally eligible to be POTUS/VP, either!

I agree that Rice is too smart to take the position no matter who would ask...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Why not? She gave the approval for water boarding and totally dug the Patriot Act as does Mittens. I imagine they would be like two peas in a paranoid pod.

new topics

top topics

join