It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday The 13th - Are You Scared?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

I think there is really only something to it...if a person believes there is.

The power of the mind and belief systems can be very powerful.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by caladonea

As I pet both my black cats...I think...what a fine fine day this is....

Des

2 black cats...double trouble...

I have to agree...this is a good day!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I don't think you are a stick in the mud. You just believe...how you believe.
edit on 13-7-2012 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by solargeddon
Urgh !
This day always fills me with dread, not because its Friday 13th (I was born on the thirteenth of a month), but because of tomorrow......

Saturday 14th !

Always a bad day for me ......seriously

You have got me curious...why is Saturday the 14th a bad day for you?

I have no idea, Its just I have found in the past that Saturday 14th can be a bad day, I have to go to work tomorrow, so that already validates my previous experience in part lol

Oh, and lest we forget the solar activity arriving tomorrow morning (UK time) too, looks like Earth's magnetic field is going to have a bad day too

Obviously, NOT in any catastrophic way, just might get a little cranky !

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

13 Colonies...good luck for America...maybe at one time...now well I don't really need to explain.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I originally had my 2nd kidney surgery scheduled for today. I'm not sure if I can call the delay good or bad luck. Good because I know how f-ing bad it's going to hurt so a few extra heal days can't hurt. Bad because I probably need it...the sooner the better.....Lets just call this an unlucky day for me. The suspense sucks.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

I understand that a black cat crossing your path is considered unlucky in the US?,here in the UK the opposite is the case.

So in UK, it's unluck for the cat if you cross it path
Wierd

Well, it's just another day with a random number...
edit on 13-7-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Why would I be scared?

Friday the 13th always comes and goes.

I'm having a great day, I even managed to have an afternoon nap.

Now I have a case of beer in the fridge. Maybe I should barricade my doors and windows and hide in a closet with a shotgun waiting for the zombie apocalypse?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Oh snap, now that you mention it I saw a few black cats today!

Im' so freaking scared now!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

I have had major surgery before...and I know what you mean...you just want to get it over with!

I wish for you a very, very successful surgery...you are in my prayers.

For me Friday the 13th is just another day...anything can happen.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rabbi4Peace

Yes...Friday the 13th comes and goes. I just wonder why so many people have grown up with this silly superstition.

Hey you...pass one of those cold beverages my way!....

Your avatar....is that a picture of you?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Today in the United States it is (Friday the 13th). Today many businesses will lose business. People won't leave their homes; people won't drive or go anywhere!

What is the history of (Friday the 13)? How did this superstition begin? I found a good article in National Geographic that explains it all.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

My attitude on (Friday the 13th) has always been "today is my lucky day!" and I just go about my business . I have a sense of humor about it.

How do you all feel about (Friday the 13th)? Were you raised to be superstitious?

I have never in all my life heard of businesses losing business or people not leaving their homes on Friday the 13th. I think it is all a bunch of superstitious nonsense by ignorant feeble minded people. There is no such thing as luck. I wasn't raised to be superstitious, unless of course you count the Christianity, which in some aspects I guess is. LOL

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I wasn't scared, however I've always believed in the manifestations that our minds build being psychologicaly predisposed to the belief in Friday the 13 th.

For instance.

Today, my compadre and I began our long trip home from being in Houston on training. We are headed toward a small town in western Texas. We chose to make a weekend of it in Llano which is about halfway.

On the way to Houston we spotted a 15 foot tall squirrel statue that we had to take a picture of. For the entire week, we referred to it as the "Thunder Squirrel". We had every intention of stopping on the way back.

We left somewhat early due to it being rainy, which it was all week. We passed three vehicular rollovers on the way. Most of the way, we were figure-eighting this rock slab hauling flat-bed. We passed him just before La Grange, and assumed we would never see him again as the rain had let up and we could book now.

Then we saw the "Thunder Squirrel". We pulled over to take advantage of the photo op. My compadre went over to within ten feet of the highway to take the photo. Just at that moment, the rock hauler passed and had a blow-out. It was louder than anything I have ever heard. I thought my friend was dead.

Fortunately it was the inside tire that exploded and not the outside. The driver kept control and nobody was injured. The only loss was two, maybe three pair of undergarments. It turned out to be our lucky day, though at least 4 other vehicles on a 280 mile stretch weren't as fortunate.

Take from it what you will, but I'm still not scared. One cannot live in fear.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by nake13

I understand that a black cat crossing your path is considered unlucky in the US?,here in the UK the opposite is the case.

So in UK, it's unluck for the cat if you cross it path
Wierd

edit on 13-7-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

Especially so if crossing the path of the cat whilst smashing a ladder under a broken mirror!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join