It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday The 13th - Are You Scared?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Today in the United States it is (Friday the 13th). Today many businesses will lose business. People won't leave their homes; people won't drive or go anywhere!

What is the history of (Friday the 13)? How did this superstition begin? I found a good article in National Geographic that explains it all.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

My attitude on (Friday the 13th) has always been "today is my lucky day!" and I just go about my business . I have a sense of humor about it.

How do you all feel about (Friday the 13th)? Were you raised to be superstitious?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

As I pet both my black cats...I think...what a fine fine day this is....

Des

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have a lucky 13 tattoo..

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I dont believe in luck, bad or good, nor superstitions such as black cats crossing paths, breaking of mirrors, nor walking under a ladder.

This includes anything based on a Calender system we made up, that would included 2012 etc.

So yea sorry to be a stick in the mud, I wish the world was as mystical as some on here claim...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sometimes one person's bad luck just leads to more good luck. Lose a job, get a better one.

Or it's somebody else's good luck. Lose $25, another person will find it.

Just remember, America began with 13 colonies.

Talk about good luck. Good luck for America, bad luck for the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You realize why friday the 13th is regarded as bad luck.....right??????

Nothing to do with anything paranormal

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Passed my driving test on Friday 13, if anything its my lucky day, always buy a euromillions ticket!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I celebrated my thirteenth Birthday on a Friday 13th,So if there is anything in it,I must be doubly doomed I suppose

ETA I understand that a black cat crossing your path is considered unlucky in the US?,here in the UK the opposite is the case.
edit on 13-7-2012 by nake13 because: additions

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
friday the 13th is the day the new store i work at opens for the 1st time.
im not in work today so i'll find out what curses have inflicted those people tomorrow.

i dont beleive in such superstitious things, i dont break mirrors because i'll have to pay for it.
i dont walk under ladders because thats just asking for a bump on the head.
i dont open umbrellas indoors because all my life i have never seen it rain inside.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I'm surprised the article didn't mention that the pope ordered the Knights Templar rounded up, tortured, and burned to death on Friday the 13th.

Anyway, no I'm not scared of this day any more than I am of any other. In fact, I might just pick up a black cat and walk under a ladder just before smashing a mirror.
edit on 7/13/2012 by TTAA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Unless you are a Templar, you have nothing to worry about!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
Unless you are a Templar, you have nothing to worry about!

Beat you to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Italians believe the number 13
to be lucky

number 17 not so much...

being Italian American
Friday the 13th is just another day
I have to go to work...

maybe I'll play the lotto

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I was going to post here 15 minutes ago and say "no I'm not scared" lol..

But 20 minutes ago I got on my bus (eventually as it was rather late).

Previously to that I'd already asked 2 drivers that stop at the same stop where my bus might be, as its unusual for it to take so long, they both answered me politely and said they're not to sure, it could maybe have even broke down.

So eventually it gets here's, and I say to the driver "your a bit late ent ya?" I said it in a friendly casual British manner, and was met with icy silence. I stood there waiting to be acknoledged, after about 30 seconds he mumbled something, then mumbled somerthing else in a disgruntled unfriendly manner, I huffed out loud and went to walk up the steps, where he yelled after me in aggresive broken English ""Vat do you vant me to do about the vloody traffic? Fly to you?!"

Completely out of order, for a number of reasons, one I'm already half way up the stairs, two, talk English, three, learn some god damn cystomer service, four, the 2 English drivers were polite enough, four, he's just continued to nearly cause a car to crash, and drove over a verge into a bunch of tree branches.

Haha, think I ruined his day? Or was it already a bad one?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Friday the 13th is a good day in my book.

Why? Just because its another awesome Friday and the end of the work week. Whoot!

edit on 7/13/12 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Urgh !
This day always fills me with dread, not because its Friday 13th (I was born on the thirteenth of a month), but because of tomorrow......

Saturday 14th !

Always a bad day for me ......seriously

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

After I read this reply of yours; I laughed for about 5 minutes.....

I always enjoy reading what you have to say.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Urgh !
This day always fills me with dread, not because its Friday 13th (I was born on the thirteenth of a month), but because of tomorrow......

Saturday 14th !

Always a bad day for me ......seriously

You have got me curious...why is Saturday the 14th a bad day for you?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
Italians believe the number 13
to be lucky

number 17 not so much...

being Italian American
Friday the 13th is just another day
I have to go to work...

maybe I'll play the lotto

The number 17 is not so lucky for Italians...please explain why this is.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TTAA2012

Thank you for the added information...I did not know that. Now something else I have to study...oh joy!...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join