It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Agent Mocks Deaf Man, Steals His bags Of Candy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I did 2 searches for this story and nothing so, sorry if it's posted. That aside, SOMEONE is going to jail if I am present during this kind of occurrence. Me for attempting to place the agent under citizen's arrest or the agent for robbery. And robbery is just what it is. I spent the better part of my working life in hospitals or assisted/skilled care facilities caring for people that must rely on the honor and integrity of others. Nothing ticks me off faster. I've ripped into people for parking in a handicap spot when they didn't have a posted decal.

They went through my bag … and found a couple bags of candy I brought. I was told I wasn’t allowed to fly with that (wtf? I’ve flown with food before—these were even sealed still because I brought them right in the airport). I was then asked if I would like to donate the candy “to the USO.” Since I know the airport there has an Air National Guard base, and I figured it would go to the soldiers, I (annoyed) said sure, why not?

The guards, as I was getting scanned, started eating the candy they just told me was for the soldiers. In front of me, still laughing at me (very clearly now). One of them asked why they were laughing, and one of them came up to me, pointed at my shirt, laughed at me and said, “F***ing deafie.” The Louisville TSA called me a “f***ing deafie” and laughed at me because I was deaf, and they expected wouldn’t say anything back (or wouldn’t hear them).

BoardingArea.com
HotAir

edit on 13-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I call BS. Not that it can't happen but TSA is getting a bad rap sheet so everyone is trying to get their 15min of fame with the TSA,

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Actually it is not BS this happened in the Louisville airport in my own state

To the OP it was reported here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-7-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
I call BS. Not that it can't happen but TSA is getting a bad rap sheet so everyone is trying to get their 15min of fame with the TSA,

And the TSA is counting on people like you to not believe it and to defend them.

Good job.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

As a profoundly deaf man, skilled in lip reading with a strong voice and fluency in ASL, I'm very, very #ing annoyed with the TSA right now.

This has "lawsuit" written all over it and the TSA agent will wish he was deaf too because he'll hear a lot of outrage!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Do you fly? Do you work for TSA? Why are you defending this bloated anti-american agency, which was so quickly put into place after 9/11?

TSA needs to GO AWAY!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

As most here would see you as an unenlightened individual, TSA is getting a justly earned bad rap sheet. This is a parody of the rise of the 3rd reich. I would love nothing more than to be able to point at this TSA agent and laughingly,justly say 'f***ing 'convict."

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I don't doubt this happened. I know a couple of people employed by the TSA. They're both scumbags.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Sounds to me that these agents have just run afoul of the ADA Act.
en.wikipedia.org...

I wish diarrhea upon the TSA.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
somebody told me
the other day

that the TSA
hires all the people
Walmart won't

not sure it there is
any truth to it

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I second that! and I will up it, a stall with an empty paper roll. Mean/stupid people should not be placed in positions of power.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sick people out there folks!

I work in maintenance at a nursing home and if I notice anything inappropriate I don't hesitate to report it. I don't care if it's a cna or the facility administrator there is always some way to report abuse.

This behavior is unacceptable. Why didn't any of the other people intervene? In my opinion by not doing anything you are just as guilty.

edit on 13-7-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Not at all.

And this is for those TSA Agents.

Only Spartan Brand for them.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Man!

To hell with the TSA!

It would be cheaper to let the public police itself.

I say put the cowboys back on the planes.
They had much better maners than the TSA.

And if you make the American cowboy take a class and buy a hat
you make money off of the solution. Oh, wait, they vilified Pancho Villa
for saying something similar to that. I'm a be a quiet sheep now and stand aside.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 13-7-2012 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

And it would be a lot more effective.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Do you fly? Do you work for TSA? Why are you defending this bloated anti-american agency, which was so quickly put into place after 9/11?

TSA needs to GO AWAY!

reply to post by abeverage

This is probably the reason for HawkeyeNation's post:

Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
cryptome.org...

edit on 7/13/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

yeah I haven't had a chance to read through it yet. But I am tired of shills for obviously corrupt US agencies.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Just one more of a whole laundry list of reasons the TSA should be abolished. By the way be sure to read some of the comments at the bottom of the first link to read some more first hand assault stories.

I tried to follow the links all the way to the original source, and it looks like it is gone... Comments seem to indicate the person who wrote this story didn't want it shared:

Folks, The PERSON TO WHOM THIS HAPPENED publicly asked that NOONE repost this incident without his EXPLICIT CONSENT. (Please read the rest of his blog for his reasoning and frustration over being posted to BoingBoing).
Obviously, it's too late for that and this is probably close to viral already around the net. I'm sorry the guy didn't want this reposted, but everyone who goes through their checkpoints should know about this.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The TSA are puppets of the elite. Even though some of them are just regular people looking for a job, eventually they become responsible for the things they do. They are the equivalent to crooked correctional officers.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
And the TSA is counting on people like you to not believe it and to defend them.
Good job.

I know what the job of the TSA is. They employee approx 60,000 people across the US. Why would you take an incident and let it deter what the rest of TSA is trying to do. Even if you have 1000 bad TSA employees that still leaves 99.98% of good intentions. Whether you like it or not they are here to stay so you can bitch and moan or accept their role in our society.

Originally posted by abeverage

TSA needs to GO AWAY!

Yes I fly, Yes I work for A parent company of TSA, and I understand the war on terrorism more than probably most people on here. I can assure you that the TSA was put into place for a reason. You have no clue the amount of terror threats that are seen at an hourly basis.

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
As most here would see you as an unenlightened individual, TSA is getting a justly earned bad rap sheet. This is a parody of the rise of the 3rd reich. I would love nothing more than to be able to point at this TSA agent and laughingly,justly say 'f***ing 'convict."

TSA agents have a job to do which is passed down by the agency executive in which they get from the Department of Homeland Security. Unfortunately some people work in a job where they may piss people off. Do you really think they like to do that? Not at all. Instead keep an open mind and be thankful of the # they put with on a daily basis because of people like you who assume they are a "convict" when indeed they are a mother/father trying to support their family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join