It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Spymaster Says Iran Is 2 Years From Nuclear Bomb Capability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

In an unusually public forum, the head of Britain’s foreign intelligence agency, MI6, has forecast that Iran would likely achieve a nuclear weapons capability within two years, a British newspaper reported Friday.

The newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, quoted Sir John Sawers, once the ranking British diplomat on the Iranian nuclear issue and now head of the Secret Intelligence Service, as making the disclosure last week to a gathering of around 100 high-ranking civil servants.

The reported remarks play into a highly contentious debate over Iran’s intentions and capabilities, in which estimates have varied widely.

American intelligence agencies have cited a 2007 assessment stating that Iran, in fact, suspended research on nuclear weapons technology in 2003 and had not decided to take the final steps needed to build a bomb.

Iran 2 Years from Bomb???

I am not buying this story. I thought there were reports just a few months ago saying that the earliest Iran could have a bomb would be around five years from now. Of course, now I can't find any of these reports. With all the recent propaganda against Syria and Iran this is surely going to escalate quickly.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just posted this on another thread, but it's more relevant here

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

There is already a thread on this www.abovetopsecret.com...

I encourage you to conduct a search before posting.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I did search for the title of the article I found, and didn't find anything. I'm sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I was going to post something on it as well. I typed in "MI6" and it came up a few posts down. With the search it is best to type in keywords rather than full titles from newspaper publications etc.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Iran was supposed to have a bomb in 2010.

They are all lying all of the time. Why do people still listen to the chirping birds?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

piglipstick.blogspot.com...
scroll down halfway

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

In an unusually public forum, the head of Britain’s foreign intelligence agency, MI6, has forecast that Iran would likely achieve a nuclear weapons capability within two years, a British newspaper reported Friday.

The newspaper, The Daily Telegraph, quoted Sir John Sawers, once the ranking British diplomat on the Iranian nuclear issue and now head of the Secret Intelligence Service, as making the disclosure last week to a gathering of around 100 high-ranking civil servants.

The reported remarks play into a highly contentious debate over Iran’s intentions and capabilities, in which estimates have varied widely.

American intelligence agencies have cited a 2007 assessment stating that Iran, in fact, suspended research on nuclear weapons technology in 2003 and had not decided to take the final steps needed to build a bomb.

Iran 2 Years from Bomb???

I am not buying this story. I thought there were reports just a few months ago saying that the earliest Iran could have a bomb would be around five years from now. Of course, now I can't find any of these reports. With all the recent propaganda against Syria and Iran this is surely going to escalate quickly.

I would almost certainly take what the head of SIS says with a pinch of salt,or indeed any of the previous postulations on Iran's timeline for obtaining a viable nuclear device.

I, personally, believe that Iran has already achieved nuclear capability and has been in this position for a number of years now,through their joint armament treaties with the Soviet Union that was,and with Today's CIS.,which,imo,gives the lie to the rhetoric being spouted by the West/Israel against Iran.

They want an excuse to hit Iran,and the potential realisation of a nuclear device ,by Iran,would appear to be a "legitimate" excuse for them.I do not think that they would want to ,publicly ,announce an attack, on an already nuclear capable state.
edit on 13-7-2012 by nake13 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Isnt that hat they said about Iraq Nukes?

And this report isn't new. Look here.
Source

Propaganda getting replayed.

Iran will have nukes by 1986, says AP article, April 25, 1984: "Iran is likely to have its own nuclear bomb within two years, according to press reports cited by Jane's Defense Weekly. The magazine, part of the authoritative Jane's Publications on weapons systems, said Tuesday that reports from the Persian Gulf region last week indicated the bomb was being produced at a nuclear power plant in Boushahar, southern Iran."

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by nake13

Isnt that hat they said about Iraq Nukes?

And this report isn't new. Look here.
Source

Propaganda getting replayed.

Iran will have nukes by 1986, says AP article, April 25, 1984: "Iran is likely to have its own nuclear bomb within two years, according to press reports cited by Jane's Defense Weekly. The magazine, part of the authoritative Jane's Publications on weapons systems, said Tuesday that reports from the Persian Gulf region last week indicated the bomb was being produced at a nuclear power plant in Boushahar, southern Iran."

Absolutely,and the worst part about it all is the publication of reports such as those that you referenced.

They really must think that we are all total bloody idiots.

top topics

join