It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer being investigated for racial slur

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The Leominster Police ­Department has launched an internal investigation after ­allegations surfaced that it was one of its officers who directed a racial slur at Red Sox player Carl Crawford last week, said Mayor Dean Mazzarella.

Mazzarella would not reveal the name of the officer, but said he is white and has been with the department for about five years. The officer, who is on ­vacation until this weekend, will be placed on desk duty when he returns, Mazzarella said.

Cops are people and people are stupid, racist, fearful, etc...

What gets me more than the alleged racist cop shouting slurs in public is the slur in question: Monday.

Crawford said he was signing autographs before his Sea Dogs game when the fan called him a “Monday.” The racial slur is less well-known. Urban Dictionary defines “Monday” as “Another way of saying [the N-word] without getting caught.”

I've never heard this before. Have any of you?

Will ATS start censoring the "m-word"?

Boston.com

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It couldn't have been in reference to the tons of news stories on the web about Crawford returning to the Red Sox on the following Monday. Nope, it couldn't have been anything as simple as that, it just had to be something racist.

The news article says that the guy was a "Fan". Why would a fan make a supposed racial slur???

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
monday?

Thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard. If you're gonna be biggoted you may as well have some conviction and let it rip. Why the need to hide behind code? The aim is to insult someone, not confuse them with a weekday.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
When certain groups stop being offending by racial slurs we will no longer have a problem with them.

How can you be offended by something if you think it's funny?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

"Monday" wtf? This is stupid. Ive lived in the South all my life and have probably heard every slur possible but have never heard something as stupid as this.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I want to hear the full context of how he said it.

Otherwise, it's incredibly stupid. I've never heard of Monday being used as a racial slur.

What's next? Money?

On the other hand, this is what people get for censoring words and not allowing people to express their opinions as they see fit. When censorship occurs, you have to use code words to convey your meanings or find ways to say what you want to to get around the censorship. Sad to say.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good God!

You mean to tell me that all those years I've dreaded going back to work after the weekend, saying "I hate Mondays" means that I'm really a closet racist?

It seems like they're trying to turn every word in ths dictionary into a code word for some type of racial slur.

edit on 7/13/12 by FortAnthem because:
_________ extra DIV

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
They are going to have to rename (snip) Night Football

I think the trouble started with these folks.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

It seems like they're trying to turn every word in ths dictionary into a code word for some type of racial slur.

The fact that they or anyone can makes all censorship moot.

Words are expressions of ideas. No one can censor an idea so they foolishly attach the word.

A great number of people think the world would be a better place if the "n-word" were to suddenly disappear.

Yet these same people conveniently overlook the "Monday" phenomenon being that the idea, the thing which hurts, still exists.

Language legislation/regulation is absurd. An exercise in futility.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They fired him..

Mayor fires Leominster cop who slurred Red Sox player

The mayor of Leominster has fired a police officer who was accused of directing a racial slur at Boston Red Sox [team stats] outfielder Carl Crawford during a minor league game.

Mayor Dean Mazzarella said todaythat officer John Perrault’s comments and actions show he’s unfit to serve on the city’s police force.

Article does say that he has a history of using racial slurs..

Monday though?..

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Today being a racist is classified just as bad as a pedophile.

It's pathetic, and I'm sick of it. Everyone who cries 'racist' is just a loser in life, that needs an excuse for why they are a failure.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I thought it was Friday...

But there it is...

Monday
(US) A black person. Popularized by Russell Peters stand up at Def Jam.[129]

I'm so out of touch...

Apparently, it's Canada's fault...

Who knew?

edit on 7/26/2012 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

So a Canadian comedian who I have never seen is to blame ?

Makes total sense now..

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Healey said the 38-year-old officer used racial slurs on at least two other occasions.

Funny that he only gets fired now.

Was it a "three strikes" rule or was it just that he got caught in front of a bunch of people?

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Puts a whole new slant on this.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Yes, a Canadian comedian bastardized the meaning of the name of a day of the week and caused a Massachusetts police officer to be fired because he said "Monday" in New Hampshire at a minor league baseball game...

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I am an Asian American, I claim Wednesday..

all we need is a joke.

That leaves Tue, Thurs, Fri, Sat & Sun.. any takers?

We could get the whole deal changed..

The current names for the days of the week are getting old anyways..

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The way things are going if anyone uses a word that someone doesn't like it will be spun as a racial slur. The same is appears for what people call hate crimes. Some criminal acts are blatantly committed because of hate towards a protected group but just because someone assaults a Jewish person per se does that automatically classify the crime committed as a hate crime?

The political correctness is America appears to be getting out of control.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Monday
(US) A black person. Popularized by Russell Peters stand up at Def Jam.[129]

Wait... Russell Peters is black. How can this be a slur against people of the same race as the person who originally coined it? I shudder to think of the number of people in Philly who have lost their jobs cheering for this guy: BASTARDO!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join