It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is going on this summer - many many drownings in my area

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

That is a sign of good manners, We all could learn from this.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Yes I was being sarcastic. Sorry to pick on you I just think it is entertaining. I find it usually denotes the poster takes themselves and their ideas a little too seriously. I don't know if that is indicative in your case just thought I would mention why I think its entertaining. Hope this doesn't mess up your thread that wasn't my intention.

Take care
Sputnik =)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by Teye22

Yes I was being sarcastic. Sorry to pick on you I just think it is entertaining. I find it usually denotes the poster takes themselves and their ideas a little too seriously. I don't know if that is indicative in your case just thought I would mention why I think its entertaining. Hope this doesn't mess up your thread that wasn't my intention.

Take care
Sputnik =)

As I stated in my previous reply, It's all good. No harm done!

I had not reallized I was doing that untill you brought it up...lol Thanks for pointing that out!

And no I do not take myself nor my ideas too seriously. I just kept on typing my name in there...I think now i will notice and will likely stop doing it or at least do it less.

Oh and you signed yours too btw

edit on 13-7-2012 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

Yes that was part of the joke.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by Teye22

Yes that was part of the joke.

I did know that...

and to get back on topic there were 2 more drownings today
both was in pools I am looking into it now to find out how it happenned...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yes back on topic, that is really terrible. As an aside, I wonder how many of these drownings are due to children not knowing how to swim properly? I really struggle to see how people even drown in a normal swimming pool unless they don't know what they are doing. And then you have to ask why are they in the pool when they don't know how to swim in the first place?

My step mothers uncle drown in a pool when she was a child. So she has been terrified of water ever since and never learned to swim, as well as never taught her son (my step brother). So he is 28 years old and can't swim. That is the real tragedy, I mean what if some day he has to swim to save his life? And you just neglect to teach him that very important life skill? Blows my mind why she did that.

And then the other point, how can someone NOT know how to swim? I mean its not like it is hard. I guess panic is the deciding factor usually. Still confuses me though.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

None here all were experienced swimmers. Growing up next to the Ohio river you usually get to be very good at swimmering

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

Knowing how to swim is not that much of a factor here. The best swimmer in the world could end up drowning if the circumstances are in place like exhaustion(spelling?). Accidents do happen and they happen too fast.

My wife took our kids to a public pool Saturday and she saw 2 boys (7 or 8 y-o) having a little contest of "Who can stay under water the longest"...The life guard immediately interfered and got them to stop or they would have to leave. When playing such a game, you have to be careful because you just might win...but at what cost.

No one is 100% safe from accidents, and that is just what they are....accidents. Even someone that would not go into the pool might slip and fall in....you just never know!!!!.

<< 1   >>

join