It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy way to figure out if 'disinfo agents' exist and their identities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

And always we get back to square one in the circle of ineptitude.

Who can be "trusted" to watch the watchers ?

The commies failed for that very reason.

What if the "most trusted" watcher is the agent in disguise

Hmmm.

"many who call for the punishment are themselves the perpetrators...."
~somebody else

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

There is a DisInformation Consultant on ATS and his name is Jim/James Oberg.

On a like note, some of you might find this link interesting:

greyfalcon.us...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Besides which, I DO post under different names on different forums. Why is that the hallmark of a "shill" or "disinfo agent"?

It mostly depends on my mood at the moment I signed up. Heck, I've had two different names here, not trying to fool anyone, just couldn't get my account to work right when I returned. It took ATS about one post to realize it was me coming back and they asked if I wanted to keep the new one or fix the old one.

It wouldn't do you a lot of good to correlate my posts at various sites - my posting is fairly distinctive, and if you just asked, I'd tell you my other site user names.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Last time I posted this forum I was hammered so I was like enemy NO.1

Well now I am half sober and I am telling the truthy about anything.

dreams, life exp, opressions and liberations.

Welcome to the disinfo forumn

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I've devised a simple solution to figure out if there's such a thing as a 'disinfo agent' and if so, who they are.

Too complicated. A much simpler way is anyone who starts a thread trying to figure out who is a "disinfo agent" is on a forum is obviously one themselves, trying to cover their tracks.

JAK

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You know, whatever suspicions anyone holds I really cannot find fault with the motto 'Deny Ignorance'. Ultimately I read the sentiment as the suggestion we all try to educate ourselves; we attempt to gain a broader understanding of whatever particular matter we wish to consider though the objective consideration of the information available. To me 'Deny Ignorance' doesn't mean you should unwaveringly accept everything you hear from your favoured source be it Murdoch empire, the BBC, Russia Today, Aljazeera or ATS but neither does it mean blindly and automatically refuse anything that comes from a source you believe unreliable.

To me it asks that we bear in mind the warning of Bertrand Russell:

If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence.

It suggests that we recognise the warning when we find someone who offers a point with which we disagree. It suggests that we recognise the warning when we find someone who offers a point with which we agree. It offers this through the suggestion that we think for ourselves, we remain alert; that we question all positions including our own to find, as best as possible, the objective truth of a matter.

It suggest to me that if we take this position then as far as 'disinfo agents' are concerned we are armed as best we might be because as far as trying to ascertain the truth of a matter we are armed as best as can manage. There, it is hoped, our consideration of a matter is not biased through desire to support favour or refuse dissent but is as clear as possible due to the understanding we attempt to armour ourselves with.

How is this position of self education anything but beneficial in our ultimate attempt at defence against all propaganda from potential 'dis-info agents' to subsidised and biased mainstream media reports? Might someone offer a post here or report a story in the MSM simply to further a particular agenda? Possibly. We might move to investigate the author, we could I suppose take the time to thoroughly vet every single author of every single story. How deep do we go? When do we return to the story offered?

To me it seems far simpler, far more realistic and perhaps even far more productive to adopt the starting position of questioning ourselves. If we demand honest, objective understanding from ourselves then perhaps we can carry the recognition gained and stand that against comments offered from outside.

About AboveTopSecret.com - Deny Ignorance.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

Hopefully such a position could ultimately offer us some level of automatic protection against the concerns over propaganda without leaving us paralysed by scepticism or distracted by personally motivated witch hunts. From that position, even if 'disinfo agents' are attempting to distract or deflect, persuade or bemuse, we are forearmed. Surely too then we are better positioned to spot such deception too. Let us never stop trying to educate ourselves or be honest and true in that endeavour.

Engrave this Quote Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. ~ Samuel Johnson

edit on 11/11/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I say, always look for bunny avat-. . . . . Sea Cucumber avatars. Sea Cucumber avatars are always a dead give-a-way to disinfo agents.

Seriously?

The truth survives long after anyone beats it down with hyperbole or lies. Like a weed, it'll survive.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Dis-info agents are rampant online. It is easier to misdirect peoples energies and doubts then it is to block or argue them away when they are onto the trail of the truth. You can always tell because they are so busy they usually have similar scripts they use, or post wikipedia links which they manipulate, or just tell you that you haven't been educated enough in schools to understand.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Yes but if they used those things, they would use them each place, so even if it's a fake IP, it would be a consistent fake IP across boards, and cross-referencable.

A "fake IP" does not necessarily have to stay the same across boards. You just choose a different proxy at random, for example, and you choose one or more to possibly chain that allegedly do not log. This is just one example.

I don't mean to imply anything negative about you, just showing you that things might not be as straight forward as they might seem.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Now if I was a shadowy group that was interested in knowing who might know what or wanted to make sure that any sensitive government material that wasnt supposed to be leaked to the general public was monitored I would create forums such as ATS to find out just how much the public knows. I would monitor social media sites such as facebook and twitter and build a list on possible individuals that could pose an informational risk to any said agenda I might have, especially if I was looking for a specific type of group. Its a control game and the grid is much much larger then you think. Anyone worried about being targeted by a government agency should not be posting on any forums let alone ATS. We live in an age where those in control know more about you then you do about yourself. All of your information is filtered into a computer bank which analyzes everything you do on the web, why do you think its called being "anal"yzed? This information is then combed over both for key words and rhythmic patterns, even video game chat is monitored. You can live your life being afraid and wondering if the man is out to get you or you can grow some balls and stand for what you believe in. For me I crossed that line a long time ago. In the end you have to weigh whats important to you, sure you could stay silent, avoid the internet and cell phones, but how many people would you reach?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Don't worry only about 3% of the ATS community knows whats going on anyway, most of you are just swimming in circles looking for sharks.

I apologize some of you are honestly looking for truth and there is nothing wrong with that, no one has the whole picture not even those thinking they are in control.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Killuminati2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is a site about UFOs, Bigfoot, Vampires, death rays, the NWO, FEMA camps, and people claiming to be god, an alien, a prophet, a time traveler etc. Why would anybody bother paying mutiple persons to come here debunk stuff that most people take with a grain of salt to begin with? I think some people would like to flatter themselves and think they are on the verge of some great world changing revolation when the fact is, its pretty much the same stuff day in and day out with one theory being forgotten and a new one being created.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
This is a site about UFOs, Bigfoot, Vampires, death rays, the NWO, FEMA camps, and people claiming to be god, an alien, a prophet, a time traveler etc. Why would anybody bother paying mutiple persons to come here debunk stuff that most people take with a grain of salt to begin with? I think some people would like to flatter themselves and think they are on the verge of some great world changing revolation when the fact is, its pretty much the same stuff day in and day out with one theory being forgotten and a new one being created.

It depends on if a person is searching for the truth or self truths. Start with a good foundation and work out from there otherwise you will be tossed about like a raft among waves.

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A big problem I see with this that I don't think others have brought up, is what would happen with roommates? Or on a shared WiFi network? I once lived in a three story apartment where we all pitched in on an unlimited internet plan and shared the WiFi. My roommate and I have had trouble with video games in the past, who wouldn't allow "alts", meaning that we couldn't play at the same time due to us sharing an IP....just my two cents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join