It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in August? US sends fourth aircraft carrier and dozens of underwater drones towards Iran

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Enterprise and Lincoln are scheduled to return home. Eisenhower and Stennis are replacing them. This is the every 6 month "Oh my god there are carriers in the Gulf! We're going to war!" article. It seems to happen every time there's a routine carrier movement to the Gulf.

Enterprise is going to return home in August, and she'll be decommissioned next year. The Lincoln will return home, and in February undergo life cycle overhaul. She'll be refueled and other work will be done. This means she's out of rotation for the next several years.

Lincoln is about to depart the Gulf region for home. Carrier Air Wing 2 completed their final Enduring Freedom combat missions on July 9th.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
Turkey made moves to purchase a years worth of Oil from Iran in GOLD.

This sets the stage for US intervention. Once other countries see that gold is devalued, and a cheaper alternative to the over inflated american dollar they will also purchase oil in gold. Imagine the damage if a huge country like Russia, or China, India, purchases a years oil in gold? Without intervention it would usher in the global realization the US dollar has been highjacked, and there should be a gold standard approach again.

Im not condoning US involvement, but it seems thats what will happen. Olympics are just around the corner. Something will happen, Iran will take the blame and there we go.. WW3.

This is all about the US remaining the reserve currency, any challengers to this will be squished.. Except now the rest of the world is just about sick of us manipulating, and lying, and corrupting the system, and we have no genuine friends left on the block. Our money is about to be worth nothing.

Keep in mind the federal reserve has $0.00 gold. If there was a shift to a gold based economy, we would need money to purchase said gold, just to buy in.

Tick tock

You nailed it Samluv,

America will be left within its own borders to make do for itself. Anyone know how to garden? Anyone know how to make shoes, candles, TP?
No imports, no dollars, no help. Does rice grow in America?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
LOL yep!!! Why do the kids on here not get this? It happens almost every time there is a carrier rotation. The numbers go UP while the new carriers arrive, then they go DOWN as the the ones being relieved leave. Geez folks calm down and go outside.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

four foot long submersible ROV's if you dont like the term drone then but they are not exactly new tech the germans have them as do we and probally the british and as most of them are designed to ram or detonate near mines in a suicide mission(for the machine not operator) and baring those we got our militarized dolphins which according to the us military disarmed or led to the distruction of over a 100 mines in the first gulf war in the port of Umm Qasr

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poppycock

There's not enough gold "in play" in the world to cover ALL of the currencies from ALL nations including the US and China. A Gold standard would inhibit the ENTIRE world not just the US.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
4 CARRIERS! Just for IRAN? That is just plain OVERKILL and this is just U.S. Carrier Rotation. 4 U.S. Navy Nimitz Class Carrier Groups with their accompanying Subs as well as what someone else posted...the fact that the U.S. Navy has Nuclear Powered Underwater FIGHTER SUBS both Manned and Droned...and the fact that even though I know about these...that this has become PUBLIC...AMAZES ME!

If you check some of my previous posts on this board...I have talked about the existence of these Small Powerful and EXTREMELY FAST...Water Jets that I would have never DREAMED be made public in this DECADE!

But 4 Carriers is OVERKILL and in the time just between the Gulf War or even the Iraq Invasion....USN. Carrier Groups have quadrupled in lethal capabilities and will soon host a Third Nuclear Reactor to power the Direct Energy Weapon known as the FEL or Free Electron Laser as will also all Aegis Cruisers.

4 Nimitz Class Carrier Groups by themselves would make up the WORLDS THIRD MOST POWERFUL MILITARY FORCE. A bit overkill indeed. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

articles.latimes.com...

www.naval-technology.com... called the sea fox and they are kamikazi drones in that they crash into the mines and thats how they work

the mine removal drones i know of do not kamikazi unless the enemy has anti sweep sensors on the mines.
turkishnavy.net...

The US navy has fiber optic ROVs that set explosive charges next to the mines that they find and the ROV backs off and blows the mine and goes on to the next one.
these are used on the navy mine hunter ships

On US mine hunters (MCM Avenger class) these are EX116 mod 0 remotely operated vehicle (ROV) mine neutralisation system.
www.naval-technology.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
All im saying is the SHEEP are buying into all the drone talk. Submersables have been around for years...but now they are "drones"

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

four foot long submersible ROV's if you dont like the term drone then but they are not exactly new tech the germans have them as do we and probally the british and as most of them are designed to ram or detonate near mines in a suicide mission(for the machine not operator) and baring those we got our militarized dolphins which according to the us military disarmed or led to the distruction of over a 100 mines in the first gulf war in the port of Umm Qasr

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
4 carriers. 2 arriving , 2 leaving. Its also called a rotation. Happens all the time.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
The submersible is a 'kamakaze' type of unit, meaning that if a mine is located, it detonates near the mine, destroying itself and the mine.

That sounds expensive.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I think it is a perfect solution. Just like the mine it destroys. Single use items made by the weapons industry.

They make the mine, it is a problem then they sell you the solution. All single use items so the bastards make lot and lots of evil money.

And we claim to be an advanced species.

P

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983

Originally posted by butcherguy
The submersible is a 'kamakaze' type of unit, meaning that if a mine is located, it detonates near the mine, destroying itself and the mine.

That sounds expensive.
Article says $100,000 a pop.

To me, that is expensive, to the govt and the weapons industry, it is chump change.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

As far as the drones/ROV question, maybe I'm wrong, but I think that drone is the term used for autonomous vehicles, and the Seafox is an ROV that has an operator.
The USN has autonomous submersibles, but whether they are operational or not, I'm not sure.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I'll buy rotations....it does happen "all the time". 2 go home, 2 come to replace.

However;

I thought Enterprise wasn't coming home until OCT. Maybe I am wrong. So that's 3 if you look at it that way. Lincoln has been out before Big E got there if I remember, and as mentioned is due for overhaul, so she will likely go home first. Stennis I don't know about, but I didn't think it had been there more then 2 or 3 months.

The interesting thing is that for a period of at least a couple of days, there ARE 4 in the area, which makes the probability of a strike go up. Doesn't mean there will be. With replenishment ships (are there extra of those out? Anyone know?) you could keep the 4 on station for several additional days or weeks. Say as long as the Olympics are going on. False Flag or Real Terror (take your favorite conspiray of choice), it gives you better options to respond.

Typically they have 4 carriers in the region if they do plan anything.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Lincoln is leaving within a few days. Her Air Wing has flown their last combat mission. Enterprise comes home in August, and then stays in the local area until next year when she decommissions.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Just out of curiosity, how long will Enterprise be available after this cruise? She in the "contingency" rotation for awhile?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

She'll be home in September, and decommissioning is scheduled for 1 December, with Inactivation scheduled for March of next year. So she won't be available for much after she returns home.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SamLuv

This is all about the US remaining the reserve currency, any challengers to this will be squished.. Except now the rest of the world is just about sick of us manipulating, and lying, and corrupting the system, and we have no genuine friends left on the block. Our money is about to be worth nothing

Always going to be someone, manipulating, lying and corrupting the system. Only thing they'd be doing is swapping out who that somoene is, and when it comes to that, you're better off keeping what you have because the next fellow could be Satan himself and he'd make Hitler look like Mr. Bean.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join