It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yin-Yang In A Fractal Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Think of the basic polarity of the universe, the yin and the yang, as DIRECTIONAL. This seems to make it easier to understand. The yang would represent expansion, outward motion. Yin would represent compression, inward motion. So the macrocosmic scales would be an expression of yang, while the microcosmic scales would be yin. Note how in the tao, the two flow into each other. Perhaps that is to say that within the smallest, you find the largest. Actually, Lao Tsu said such. "The largest is found within the smallest," I believe is the quote. Similarly, traversing to the largest scale, one would find oneself within the smallest.

Let us try to understand this in terms of the atom and the Universe. Perhaps, if we consider the Universe in the context of a quantum field, a given universal atomic structure, one 'actuality' of Universe, would be found within any given atom. This seems to be implied within the fractal model of the Universe. So, the structure of a given atom would imply, through fractal principles, the structure of the entire universe. The structure of the entire Universe, then, would really be the structure of an atom. It would then not be so inaccurate to say the Universe is an atom, or an atom is a Universe. Alternate Universes would merely amount to being different atomic structures, which would from one perspective amount to a simple shift in the structure of one atom.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't have all that much to add... other than some cool images:

This next one doesn't really go with the OP, but meh...

This is what I call, The Yin Yang Nation

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

i certianly cant prove it.

but i would bet money on you being right.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
Think of the basic polarity of the universe, the yin and the yang, as DIRECTIONAL. This seems to make it easier to understand. The yang would represent expansion, outward motion. Yin would represent compression, inward motion. So the macrocosmic scales would be an expression of yang, while the microcosmic scales would be yin. Note how in the tao, the two flow into each other. Perhaps that is to say that within the smallest, you find the largest. Actually, Lao Tsu said such. "The largest is found within the smallest," I believe is the quote. Similarly, traversing to the largest scale, one would find oneself within the smallest.

Let us try to understand this in terms of the atom and the Universe. Perhaps, if we consider the Universe in the context of a quantum field, a given universal atomic structure, one 'actuality' of Universe, would be found within any given atom. This seems to be implied within the fractal model of the Universe. So, the structure of a given atom would imply, through fractal principles, the structure of the entire universe. The structure of the entire Universe, then, would really be the structure of an atom. It would then not be so inaccurate to say the Universe is an atom, or an atom is a Universe. Alternate Universes would merely amount to being different atomic structures, which would from one perspective amount to a simple shift in the structure of one atom.

I agree. Every universe could only be comprised of more universes. This also implies the universe in which we reside is only a piece of a larger universe and so on to infinity. Considering that everything holds universes makes one ponder the inherent value in everything.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Interesting OP. I too am into the Tao.

What you say makes total sense. I read a book called The Big Bang Never happened. It's a book about plasma physics and their refutation of the Big Bang. TO them they believe that the same principles that work on a macro scale work on the micro scale just the same. He then goes on to point out how plasma vortexes manifest, are structured and behave mathematically exactly the same on any level whether it's micro or macro the size of two atoms or the size of galaxies. THe book basically states that plasma and high energy physics is the key to understanding how the universe works. That plasma (pure energy, or the closest thing to it) is more influencial in the mechanations of the universe than all the other elements.

To me the yin yang can represent many things. That everything is the same in the end from big to small similar to what the OP postulates. To me it's the ancient study of thermodynamics created by observent people thousands of years before the concept of thermodynamics was coined in the west. Yin and Yang is just the graphical depiction of a convection cell. demonstrating how energy converts from one form to the other etc...

Also your usage of language about yin and yang being about the expansion and contraction of things is spot on from the perspective of chinese martial artists. Tai Chi scholars actually can tell you the yin and yang parts of your body depending on what movement you are doing. Ie. (if your familiar with tai chi terms) Single whip movement. You have the body taking in the opponents energy the rear hooked hand (Yang) and the shoulders acting like pistons attached to a cam shaft (the spine) re direct the energy outward (Yin) into a palm thrust back toward the enemy. In addition parts of the body contracting, sinking, swallowing ex. retracting a punch chambering a fist(chinese terms for southern kung fu body movements relative to the energy) are considered Yang. while in the same movement another part of the body may be expanding (spitting, floating) Ie throwing a punch or bumping with the shoulders, etc.

SO you are not alone in your observations OP!

new topics

top topics

join