It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Reid On 'Made In China' U.S. Olympic Uniforms: 'Burn Them'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
But But But

What about the "slave" labor in China ??

It looks like the Olympic Committee supports slave labor

The facts are indisputable.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Shouldn't the US be focusing on providing developed world jobs for their poor and not regressing back 200 years?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Get the sponsors, like Coke and Visa, to pay for this crap. OK, I forgot they just get to make lots of money, not spend it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Where were the uniforms made during the 2002 (Romney) Olympics? I know there was a huge controversy about the torch carrier uniforms being made in Burma even after trade sanctions had been in-place since 1997.

source

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

the smell of racism

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I think it is a handsome group of left looking comrades. Won't you agree comrades?

Good-looking Communist elitists who are into the "people's sport" of polo? It does look creepy in a totalitarian way though, maybe a bit fascist?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
As noted this pisses me off.

But all you fools from around the world can talk trash about our uni's when we don't triple your medal count, deal??

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Looks like ole Ralphie caved on the uniforms for the next winter Olympics.

“Ralph Lauren promises to lead the conversation within our industry and our government to address the issue to increase manufacturing in the US,” the company said. “We have committed to producing the opening and closing ceremony Team USA uniforms in the US that will be worn for the 2014 Olympic Games.”

Source

In related news, the U.S. track and field team will be running barefoot next month in London based upon the recent realization that their shoes are manufactured overseas.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I find this article and Mr. Reid misleading because....

Isn't the Obama camp raising money in china for the election?! Along with other countries..

Isn't Reid firmly in the rectum of Obama?
edit on 16-7-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

true patriots need to use
diapers, toilet paper, sanitary napkin, and condoms which were made only in homeland

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

diapers, toilet paper, sanitary napkin, and condoms which were made only in homeland

Harry Reid is a complete douche made in the homeland.

China gave a completely logical response to his political antics...

"The Olympics spirit is all about separating sports from politics, but these U.S. politicians are going too far and trying to force a political tag onto the uniforms," it said in the Chinese-language commentary.

"This is a parochial nationalistic attitude, a blasphemy on the Olympic spirit and a show of ignorance," Xinhua added.

China's Response

Way to make us look good, Harry

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If I had been a reporter at that press conference, I would have demanded that he take off his jacket and show me where it said "Made in America" and I wouldn't have allowed him to leave that room until he did so. My bet is that he wasn't wearing anything that was actually made in America himself. I believe he also voted for NAFTA and NAFTA is one of those things that really pushed outsourcing. I'm pretty sure he's in line with Obama on the Trans Pacific Trade Agreement that is on the table as well. If I remember correctly, the Trans Pacific thing calls for an end to anything with the mention of "Made in America".

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I bet that most of American flags were made in China

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

And now when the U.S. athletes are presented in the opening ceremonies, Harry Reid's ridiculous spectacle will be the topic or discussion, rather than the athletes themselves.

On the plus side, he'll probably lose his senate seat in the next election if he keeps this stuff up.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Maaaaaan, i got friends that would have designed those outfits for free. Who wouldn't? What greater honor could a person have, than to make Olympic gear for our Olympic athletes? America should be ashamed of themselves, at this point! But apparently, there is NO SHAME in their game!

Burn them? Why bother? Wear something else! Tell them to go shopping at the military surplus store. Doesn't the armed forces have attire they can "borrow".

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Mitt Romney's American Flag Pins Are Made in China

Do you know how much Mitt Romney loves America? A lot. Like, a lot a lot. He loves America so much he even had special "We Stand United" flag pins made for the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City.

And just like every other America-loving businessman, he had them made in China…

At a fundraiser in Virginia last night, Mitt Romney touted his experinece running the Salt Lake City Olympic Games in 2002… He told a story about the "We Stand United" American flag pins he commissioned for the games…Romney touted his creation of the pins as a means to explain how he hopes to bring Americans together…

Complicating Romney's patriotic message is the fact that the pins were made in China, according to a website run by the Utah state government's culture department, as TPM's Evan McMorris-Santoro pointed out on Twitter.

Wow. Mitt Romney is now making so many gaffes, he's had to start outsourcing them to China.

It's pretty telling that his most profound expression of patriotism is a tiny, boring lapel pin. Romney better watch out for the Fourth of July. He might get too worked up and do something crazy, like wear an American flag tie.

Photo by Jessica Kourkounis/Getty Image

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I suspect that Romney is Chinese Agent

top topics

<< 1   >>

join