It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre Reported in Syria as Security Council Meets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One ponders how long the charade of 'Vetoing' continues before an intervention is adopted,

Mayhap an attack on the Russian base?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
blogs.voanews.com...

The Syrian Muslim Brotherhood also blamed Mr. Assad for the reported massacre and what it called Syria's foreign backers, including Russia, Iran and Mr. Annan. Protests broke out in multiple cities across Syria Friday, with demonstrators condemning the killings in Tremseh.

The White House said further “atrocities” in Syria by Mr. Assad's government should end any doubts on the need for a coordinated international response at the United Nations.

At a news conference in Istanbul, opposition leader Abdel Basset Syeda said responsibility for the massacre goes to the Syrian government's ally Russia, which he says has become “part of the conflict.” Friendly nations, Syeda said, must “move from words to action” and “show real friendship.”

Syeda said the Syrian opposition is sending a delegation to the U.N. to press for quick action.

Convenient timing, we shall see how this unfolds further,

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was looking for a map to show where this place was.
I put Tremseh as a search term in Google and got a hit for it in Wikipedia but they were calling the place Turaymisah, which I assume is an alternate name. It gives the coordinated so I put a push-pin in the spot in Google Earth and made a screen capture.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

4 UN Meetings 4 Massacres=Propaganda.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

4 defiant statement by Assad to the UN.
Next time the UN meets to discuss Syria, Assad will perform another massacre.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join