It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massacre Reported in Syria as Security Council Meets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Massacre Reported in Syria as Security Council Meets

www.nytimes.com

Syrian opposition activists said more than 200 people were killed in a Sunni village on Thursday by government forces using tanks and helicopters, which, if confirmed, would be the worst in a series of massacres that have convulsed Syria’s increasingly sectarian uprising against President Bashar al-Assad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
edition.cnn.com
www.thestar.com

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Unbelievable So there has been another timed massacre in Syria, right before a UN meeting, isn't that something? we had at least 4 UN meetings and already 4 Massacres just like this one in Hama of Today.

When get this, an activist calling themselves (Syrian Youths English) has stated the following on a Facebook message.

(Official number of those killed in #Hama have NOT been confirmed and won't be for a while. Don't believe exaggerated reports until the news/footage/information becomes public. )

Do not believe exaggerated reports until the news/footage/information becomes public? but already as reported in this post the mainstream news outlets exaggerated it.

With the claims been made from the groups of the Local Co-ordination Committees activist group and the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.
And of course the Shaam News Network who cant forget about them? the Network that just loves Anderson Cooper.

If you go directly to the CBC article you will see a lot of people aren't believing this.
I guess its a trend it should continue if the rebels keep doing something like this all the time, of course there are always like those paid rebel trolls trying to swing in support for them by spreading there own propaganda.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Ive been looking for a live feed to Syria for a few days does anyone have one that is actually live??

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
By the way notice the comment on the Toronto Star?

Shame on you Russia!

This is the result of Russia continuous supply of military arsenal. Shame on them

This is the result of Russia continuous supply of military arsenal?
now thats what i cal trolling as you would see in his profile this user never helds any rational conversations.

Well done

He's probably not a close-friend of the Savage president, but also an intelligence attache. No one gets appointed in these positions, unless they have strong allegiance to the regime.

Sounds like the Syrian Rebels are getting trained by the CIA to start a PSYOP campaign as already seen in the CNN comment section with the likes of users such as Cook2Half and others.

They are starting to bee almost like Assad own SEA team.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XFatalX
Ive been looking for a live feed to Syria for a few days does anyone have one that is actually live??

Unfortunately not, if you do find one it would be probably a pro rebel one with the magically cameraman finding already pointing where the targets are going to hit.

Strange isn't it? reminds me of that last live feed, i actually question it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"What we want is a clear and straightforward resolution under Chapter VII of the UN Charter which puts all the options on the table, including the use of force. This Syrian regime only understands the language of force."

The agreement allegedly achieved with Assad provides further stall techniques, Assad agrees to a Transitional Government, and a Step By Step lowering of Violence,

The 'Free Syria Army' wont agree nor negotiate with anything that includes Assad, the cease fire fails as the 'Free Syria Army' continues it's atrocities, Likewise Assad continues,

and yet whilst Agreements are being conceived, nothing is truly achieved, yet mere 'Proof' to the mass sheep that the US are trying a diplomatic approach that is failing, what is left yet Intervention

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Be Warned for a possibly another either fake Video by the rebels of the massacre in Hama, hench this is why its taking to long upload to YouTube unlike there other videos.

And also be warned for a possibly another houla repeat. As posted on twitter by user named The 47th

f 287 baby kittens were killed in Syria yesterday, I’m pretty sure there wd be an uproar in the world. WHAT THE *** IS WRONG WITH YOU?

edit on 13-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XFatalX

Anonymous hacktivists teamed with WikiLeaks
I am not surprised
I Guess thats why they didn't nor will they ever release any files on the Banks or any other.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I was right.
The massacre is said to have taken place in the village of Tremseh, starting early Thursday morning, when government forces are alleged to have surrounded the village and opened fire with mortars and artillery. Then an Alawite pro-government militia, the Shabiha, are reported to have moved into Tremseh and started carrying out executions.
Tremseh is another houla massacre.

Notice they said the same thing as they did for houla.
From CNN article on Houla.
Opposition activists said killings began with a mortar bombardment, followed by a rampage by government-allied militias. Video posted over the weekend showed opposition activists displaying the bloodied remains of more than 10 children, including some with limbs blown off or skulls torn open. In another, medics treated a crying infant whose chest was covered in bandages.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I was right.
The massacre is said to have taken place in the village of Tremseh, starting early Thursday morning, when government forces are alleged to have surrounded the village and opened fire with mortars and artillery. Then an Alawite pro-government militia, the Shabiha, are reported to have moved into Tremseh and started carrying out executions.
Tremseh is another houla massacre.

Notice they said the same thing as they did for houla.
From CNN article on Houla.
Opposition activists said killings began with a mortar bombardment, followed by a rampage by government-allied militias. Video posted over the weekend showed opposition activists displaying the bloodied remains of more than 10 children, including some with limbs blown off or skulls torn open. In another, medics treated a crying infant whose chest was covered in bandages.

The fact that the stories of the methodology of the massacres are similar only strengthens the rebels claims that Assad is using millitary to do these crimes. Millitaries are systematic and follow a set pattern for their operations.
You just helped the rebels by exposing the similarities in the massacres, good job you are actually aiding the fall of Assad with these infos.

There is no doubt Assad can add this to his crimes against humanity resume.

Also you realize that at UN talks Assad is excluded from any part in a new government and these attacks are his message to the UN that he is defiant. This is why Assad does these attacks timed before UN summits.
edit on 13-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

There is no doubt Assad can add this to his crimes against humanity resume.

Also you realize that at UN talks Assad is excluded from any part in a new government and these attacks are his message to the UN that he is defiant. This is why Assad does these attacks timed before UN summits.

Mr Obvious Troll i am not surprised that you responded as always
I have seen on twitter how you Sryian Rebels Supporters can be so friendly at first and threatening at the same time, kinda like a double agent.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

You just helped the rebels by exposing the similarities in the massacres, good job you are actually aiding the fall of Assad with these infos

And what are you? a Sryian Rebel Supporter? Sryian Rebel who could see into the future? well guess what they wont win.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

This isn't a simple Assad GOOD, Rebels BAD situation. Both sides are guilty of atrocities in an increasingly radicalised civil war. A possible Chapter VII intervention may become a neccesity if this spirals even further out of control.

Apart from your views about whose intentions are what in this conflict i.e. Western and Gulf support for the rebels, Russian backing of Assad, the fact remains that innocent people are dying every day and this needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

A possible Chapter VII intervention may become a neccesity if this spirals even further out of control.
Yeah and that will bring out the Russians in Syria, if you think The Russians will resist the intervention think again, and i can see what kind of great success Libya was.

I see so you give him a like? not surprising.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

the fact remains that innocent people are dying every day and this needs to stop.

Let me guess By bombing half if not all the entire population populated by out toxic bombs? how would and will that help?

If you weren't paying attention libya is going into a civil war again, i wonder would NATO bomb Libyans again?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article, which is a must read for those interested in the Syrian tragedy:

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I said it "may" become a neccesity. I am not talking about a NATO bombing campaign of Assad and his forces which I would not support. I also did not support the NATO intervention in Libya.

You have to be more nuanced about these events, a solution needs to be found, we can't simply sit here and say "Oh the west are supporting the rebels, they want regime change". Well yes we all know that and a Chapter VII could only be possible by forcing it down Assad's throat, so as much as it may be a neccesity it could also make the situation worse.

I agree that the arming of these rebels is a dangerous course to take not only for future blowback but for the weaponisation of the conflict making it even more difficult to engage a proper peace process. Annan has said as much himself.

It is such a complex and precarious situation "doing something" may make the situation a whole lot worse but "doing nothing" could do the same. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. More importantly the Syrian populace is damned.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Layout

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yet again, the OP rushes to post his support of the HumanSlayer Assad, to get his feet in first and prevent others from not only posting from alternative news sites by the moderator, he also insults others as trolls for simply presenting views countering his own and gets away with it unpunished.

Let's not play his game, for he may be a moderator under an another nick perhaps?...but to stick to the facts. Truths are self evident.

1. BOTH sides had admitted to a incident at the village on the morning where innocent humans died by tank, artillery, chopper bullets fire and even knives. The Assadist forces claimed they were only responding to villages under attack when they requested for help.

Now, isn't it amazing, that the Assadist forces COULD gather a strike force of might, plan, coordinate the various elements including air attack groups and knew exactly where to hit, within minutes of a request by mere villagers??

2. The Assadist forces claimed they were facing an 'armed terrorist group'.
Now, does a govt, entrusted to protect the people, USE tanks, artillery choppers and knives to hit at terrorists, fire indiscriminately at BOTH 'terrorists' and INNOCENT CIVILIANS?

3. The HumanSlayer Assad supporters had spread the rumours that the rebels intentionally 'timed' those attacks to coincide with EACH UN meet.

Fact is, the slaughtering of innocent men, women and children by the HumanSlayer Assad HAD been going on for the past 14 months, including the tortures of illegally captured dissidents mass numbers daily since day 1. Regardless of any UN Meet, the slaughters continue on.

It could even be said that that wild beast Assad himself INTENTIONALLY use those dates to show his murderous DEFIANCE to world opinion, that he is in control and will not back down till he alone is left standing. Afterall, he HAS command of the Assadist forces, not the rebels.

4. If the rebels wanted to stage the massacres, they would have strung along or hinted to international observers to be at the village or nearby to bring to the world the attack, and made sure to hide in the regime supporters village to ensure fire be drawn there.

But no journalist was involved, even if by chance, nor did the rebels hid in regime supporter villagers. The rebels themselves COULD NOT even string a few photos to show what is going on there in village while during the onslaught of the Assadist forces and control of the area with their tanks and choppers.

No one was allowed to leave the area alive as those fleeing were shot dead in the back by the monstrous Assadist forces. This, the Assadist forces, are the 'protectors of the People'?

History repeats itself. During the american revolution of 1776, the world turned its back on the rebels and even condemned them. When Nelson Mandela spoke up about enslavement conditions of black africans in South Africa, he was condemned by the world swayed with SA De Clerk's rehetorics and lies. I can list more, but Rebels fighting for justice are often condemned by apathetic and gullible outsiders.

If a murderer had just slaughtered one's mother, would that murderer be invited into the family kitchen table to 'talk terms'? I'll bet he would have the crap beaten out of him and haul to the police, to be given trial and sentenced to life imprisonment. Compassion is only saved for humans and non threatening animals, NEVER for wild beasts.

I leave it up to the others' free will to form their own opinion upon logic and conscience. I will not force anyone, unlike some others here.
edit on 13-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

4 UN Meetings 4 Massacres=Propaganda.
edit on 13-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join