It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddest day for america 4/24/03

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
i dont like the chixie dix. heck even country music for that matter. but if you want to protest do it before the shooting starts. not during. when we got boys laying their asses on the line EVERYONE needs to support them, weather you're anit or pro war.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
And they are/were all Republicans by the way!Natalie mentioned this in 1998 (they were no fans of Clinton) But I admire what they did & it hasn't hurt their concerts which have ALL sold out this summer (something they said they have NEVER done before!)

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Actually Romantico I'd like to point out to your signature, that "William Jefferson Clinton's" quote is actually a rip off that is much akin to what JFK said in his going to the moon speech, among other speeches.

It's odd that Clinton could even stomach saying that, since he embodied everything wrong with America.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Looks like the airbrush crew pulled an all-nighter.

in the words of Ed McMahn. "HI-O!"

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
PREVENT INBREEDING! BAN COUNTRY MUSIC!

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Can you prove that?I know Clinton admired JFK, but I have trouble believeing anything you say.Never heard that before.Never

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by astrocreep
Looks like the airbrush crew pulled an all-nighter.

in the words of Ed McMahn. "HI-O!"

Like that one did ya? Plenty more where that came from..

romatico, now you're not going to believe this but in a family discussion over this, I actually found myself in defense of the chicks even though I don't agree with their statement and have never had much of a "thang for country music". I do however agree with their right to say anything they want. It was their show, they paid for the stage and the hall or wherever they were. The only thing I disagree with is the ideology that Americans don't have the right to voice opinions against them.

That somehow, we should make up their losses to them..ie be forced to buy their albums...or worse..use tax money to fill the void between actual income and what was projected before they made the remarks. I will always believe we have the right to say what we want but not to force people to listen or agree with us...ie the right to free speech is not neccesarily the right to be heard.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I agree 100%!! If peole DON't Like what they have to say, they have the right to protest against their statements.Thats whats so great about America.The thing I disagreed with is the boycotting. CLear channel taking sides & not playing their music. I was terrifed to see on the news children stomping on their cd's & people throwing their cd's on a bonfire.It had a Nazi Germany feel to it & this is NOT what America is about IMO.I think people have the right NOT to buy their cd,but Clearchannel taking sides just proves their bias.

Despite the fact, their cd is doing pretty well(back on the carts)& their concerts have all sold out(something they said they have never done)The fans are still there.

I'd have to say your comments Astro are pretty fair & I can live with that!

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I give them props for standing for what they believe in, especially in this country where you'll be stamped as unpatriotic if you go against the grain...

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
www.boston.com...

It's an etiquette problem fit to stump even Emily Post.

When the country music superstars the Dixie Chicks performed at FleetCenter two weeks ago, the offices of City Councilors Chuck Turner and Felix Arroyo presented the threesome with a signed and stamped certificate of congratulations for speaking out in the spring against the war in Iraq. Six days later, the rest of the council nixed the honors.

Now, the two city councilors have to figure out how to take back the presumptuously awarded honor.

''It's a huge embarrassment,'' said Laurie Leyshon, a Boston peace activist who asked Turner and Arroyo to sponsor the resolution. ''It's like, who's going to go after them and take it away? It's awful.''

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Merle Hagard will be the next celebrity to get "Dixe Chicked!"

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yeah, god forbid anyone speak their mind. We don't want that happening, next thing you know you'll have people wanting all sorts of freedoms.

I find it funny that you can scream pro-Bush/war all you want, but dare say something on the contrary you are evil, bad, cowardly, unpatriotic and just down-right wrong no matter how much evidence you have supporting you.

TC, your arrogance disgusts me...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join