It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddest day for america 4/24/03

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Acutally I give them props for standing up for what they believe in

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I can not stand Country Music & never would have given any thoughts about the Dixie Chicks, but I admire them for standing up to their beliefs.They look pretty damn good NAKED! Wish they would have done Playboy instead of Entertainment Weekly.I think alot of copies will be sold this week.Already found a poster of the cover on eBay!!

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
They let the fat one get naked though... I dont mind the other two....

On the serious side though,

i like country music for the most part but i never really did care for the dixie chicks.

Even though i dont totally agree with what bush does and says i didnt think it was cool for them to say that they were ashamed to be from texas (im from texas too). But I do respect their opinion and they should be able to say it.

Since they are famous they get criticized for saying that stuff. If I want on national tv and said what they said people would say "That guy doesnt know what he's talking about" and forget about me.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
IF now even country music stars become unamerican, this mean that the end is near...

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Don't give props for those who yell loudly when they are wrong! They merely spread bad info farther!

BTW, abstract, I just saw that you live in D.C. You must drink bottled water as you seem pretty smart.

I've never voted for a moron, but eventually they turn out that way (except for Reagan, but even he got Alzheimer's). I figure it must be in the water!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Looks like the airbrush crew pulled an all-nighter.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ok, I've been noticing a serious lack of judgement by posters on here.

If any of you have seen the fat one before, you would know that is not her body.

They say that they can't understand the big reaction to her statements, but then they go and pose nude.?????

Why is it when a celebrity wants to be taken seriously, they end up posing nude for something?

Didn't anyone see their interview?
They supposedly had the questions given to them before the interview and that's the best answers they could come up with?

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I like reading the remarks in the NYpost, the day after this issue.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
if America supports the Dixie Chicks. Then there must be another America I'm not aware of probably somewhere in the middle of France

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
That's sickening, people like that should be arrested for indecent exposure.

Degredation of America...the time for Civil War is nearing.

*EDIT* Didn't the country music "council" or whatever it is called, try to ban certain albums of Shania Twain for showing her naval? It's time for Country to flex its muscles on these whores.

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by HKoT]

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
"That's sickening, people like that should be arrested for indecent exposure"

I suppose you keep your eyes on your shoes when you usually go to a magazine stand then?

I see Bruce Springsteen's came out in support of the Dixie Chicks:

"The Dixie Chicks have taken a big hit lately for exercising their basic right to express themselves. To me, they're terrific American artists expressing American values by using their American right to free speech. For them to be banished wholesale from radio stations, and even entire radio networks, for speaking out is un-American".

Springsteen says the anti-Dixie Chicks wave goes against American's right to freedom. "The pressure coming from the government and big business to enforce conformity of thought concerning the war and politics goes against everything that this country is about - namely freedom. Right now, we are supposedly fighting to create freedom in Iraq, at the same time that some are trying to intimidate and punish people for using that same freedom here at home".

"I don't know what happens next, but I do want to add my voice to those who think that the Dixie Chicks are getting a raw deal, and an un-American one to boot. I send them my support. Bruce Springsteen".

Aww... does that mean you can't sing 'Born In The U.S.A' at the top of your lungs anymore?

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
In all honesty, I have no problem with them voicing their opinions. What I do have a problem with is their whining about people not buying their albums like they should...or think they should. Are we to legislate that if someone airs an unpopular idea that we should be required to support them? When any group of people doesn't like what a person or organization stands for, they have the right to boycott their products..ie..if a company does something you feel is unethical, you don't buy from them. They have the right to say it and we all have the right to choose not to support them in it. At least we aren't on their private property having sit-ins preventing them from making the effort...and again, the fat one ..no way thats her body!! But some would have us forced to buy their music in the spirit of fairness.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They did NOT state a formulated opinion on their war stance.

They did NOT just vocally disagree with the president's policy.

What they DID do, was say they were embarrassed that the President was from Texas...basically directly insulting the President of the United States...not a good move for a country star. THIS is why they were yanked...not because they were against the war. It was this rather stupid outburst that is to blame for the mess, and the equally stupid namecalling by those who are pro-war as well... Let's at least get our facts strait here...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Censorship Sucks (click me)

I like boobies, more please.

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There is fluoride in water...

dun...dun...DUN!

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You know what I find strange? That the Dixie Chicks speak their mind (though it was tastless to do this in another country) and everyone freaks out and say they should be banished. They are even banned from Clear Channel radio stations (which owns, I think, 45% of all stations in the country). However, these same radio stations have no qualms at all with playing the hell out of R Kelly, who is on trial for not only having sex with a 13 year old but also video taping it. So the message the radio stations are providing is... speaking your mind about politics will get you banishment from the airwaves... having sex with preteens gets your song played 4 times an hour. I love my country.. we are so screwed up.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Observer, couldn't agree more about that RKelly or whatever the hell his name is... I don't think clear channel banned the Dixie Chicks. Four of my area's stations are owned by clear channel and they left it up to the DJ on a station by staion level. Now, I know they weren't forcing them to play the Chicks so they could play it or not play it as they saw fit on their shows.

I think where clear channel got lumped into this is because they do own a lot of stations and they do have conservative programming and the left would love nothing more than to detroy them and have us all listen to state controlled radio..(NPR) There's one reason why clear channel programs like they do and thats because people listen and sponsors make money when people listen. In radio you have to give the majority of your audience what they want or you don't get listeners and make money. Thats why NPR is funded by our taxes whether we want them to be or not. Personally I like some of NPR's programming but that doesn't mean I want all other voices silenced either.

As for the Chicks, my point was, I don't want to be forced to buy their CDs and go to their shows simply because they think it fair to them. We all boycott businesses who do things we don't like and get praised for it. Jesse Jackson boycotts them if they don't pay him off and the Green party boycotts when they harm the environment and thats exactly what our liberties are all about but it has to go both ways...or we could officially enact differential standardization as I like to call it.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Too bad Howard Stern wasn't still around, perhaps they could do a live protest with him/howard nagging them/Dixie Trix.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Howard is still around. I listen to his show sometimes. I think he's with Infinity, a Viacom sub.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join