It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A good reason to vote for Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
All the Republicans in America, seemingly, have been talking about getting rid of social security over the past few years (as well as medicare, unemployment, minimum wage, etc).

If we were to abolish social security America would become a third world country because most people would never be able to retire- they would have to stay in the labor face decades longer which would kill the job market for the whole younger generation. Not to mention that the effect on consumer spending and confidence that taking a huge amount of money out of the peoples' hands would cause.

Without retirement security America will become a shadow of what it used to be. And think of all the volunteer work they do that would go undone making society more cold and negative.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
im sure we can figure something out

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Can we abolish NDAA, and the Patriot Act ,that Obama signed ?
Can we abolish 20000 drones, flying in the skies of America too ?

Don't Vote for Obama. Hes in favor of this, 100%

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
LOL heck no, Obama is bad, very bad. Same with every other politician, all came from the same ass hole. You really think governments or its representatives care about us? Because they don't, never have, never will and the proof is in all wars there are. Everything bad stems from government one way or another, to EVER think they give a damn about the people they rule is just plain stupid.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Interesting point, the republicans did a great job at getting rid of the corporate pensions and making them a commodity to sell to their wall street buddies to gamble with, then they did a great job a deregulation, actually, the average corporate benefit package of the 70's-80's.....what happened to paid lunches.....remember the song working 9 to 5......eight hour work day included lunch and breaks........they have found every little way to nickle and dime away the little things workers used to have, which oddly enough were hard to get in the first place........wasn't that the base foundation concept of unions, to protect the worker from the overwhelming power of the corporate entity......wasn't the government also supposed to keep corporate powers at bay?.........state's are slowly disbanding union power, congress is removing the constraints that keep corporations toeing the line......Dallas used to have a light rail along time ago.....the tire manufacturers got together and got Dallas to not just decommission the rail, but rip the rails out of the ground, destroy public transportation....why, to sell more tires.........~sigh~..........and WE allow it to happen, every time.......

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If we eliminated social security, our pay would immediately jump up at least 6 percent, possibly higher since my employer might pass along additional tax savings they are paying on my behalf. That big of a pay jump would likely boost consumer spending giving a huge economic boost to the entire US economy. Boosting economic growth reduces overall taxes I will need to pay since our government will get increased tax revenue from increased economic activity without raising individual income taxes.

However all those close to retirement would likely attempt to save more and face greater unknowns and cut back their spending. As is our government is already working on eliminating the value of our social security benefits by decreasing what benefits we get, increasing the retirement age, and decreasing the value of our currency over time. This also effectively robs every American of their lifetime savings especially if our savings are only worth a tiny fraction of what it used to be several years ago. In my opinion Americans should be angry and voting out of office all the politicians who want to spend taxpayer money we have to borrow for no good reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Besides OP your doing it all wrong, you gotta sell it to me. Show me why i want to vote for the Anti-Christ? you gotta close the sale. Havent you learned anything from Wallstreet movies?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Why should someone vote for Obama? Because the Repubicans are failing big time talking about how they will boost the economy and jobs while Obama has effectively changed the talk about the Republicans not agreeing to additional tax breaks to the middle class.

Republicans should immediately pass tax breaks to the middle class and remove this Obama talking point then get back to how they will boost economic growth. If not, a lot of people will vote for Obama.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

you just closed a sale

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Sorry; there is no reason much less a good reason to re-elect this man. Take a deep breath, and put these thoughts behind you. Everything will be alright in the morning.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
All the Republicans in America, seemingly, have been talking about getting rid of social security over the past few years (as well as medicare, unemployment, minimum wage, etc).

Really? Such as what Republicans exactly? The only one I can think of would be Ron Paul who wanted to create a system where younger people could opt out, and even his own party fought him on this issue and labeled him "crazy" for the idea. So exactly which Republicans have been talking about doing away with all the programs you listed.

If we were to abolish social security America would become a third world country because most people would never be able to retire- they would have to stay in the labor face decades longer which would kill the job market for the whole younger generation. Not to mention that the effect on consumer spending and confidence that taking a huge amount of money out of the peoples' hands would cause.

Without retirement security America will become a shadow of what it used to be. And think of all the volunteer work they do that would go undone making society more cold and negative.

I can't believe people think like you do. America would not become a third world country without Social Security. What would happen is the Government would not be able to deduct that money from your paycheck, leaving that money in your pocket to be able to plan for your own retirement. The only real problem with this idea is that people would have no one to blame but themselves if their life in retirement is not all peaches and cream.

Now let us be honest about Social Security. It sucks. As the cost of living has increased, people's social security has NOT increased. So in the end, they still cant make ends meet without assistance. This fact alone makes Social Security a complete failure.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Why should someone vote for Obama? Because the Repubicans are failing big time talking about how they will boost the economy and jobs while Obama has effectively changed the talk about the Republicans not agreeing to additional tax breaks to the middle class.

Republicans should immediately pass tax breaks to the middle class and remove this Obama talking point then get back to how they will boost economic growth. If not, a lot of people will vote for Obama.

Yes what a wonderful idea... let's look at creating tax breaks instead of dealing with the real problem.... the actual tax!!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Your title is misleading. Regaurdless of what the right is doing . the left is no better.
There will never be a good reason to vote for Obummer.
My reason for voting Ron Paul 2012.
Seriously though if you have nothing truthful to say then say nothing at all.
(seriously)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Here are some good reasons to vote obama. Obamacare is going to cost $2.6T over the next 10 years. To put it into perspective that is twice as much as both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined.

Obama specifically asked for the indefinite detention of US citizens to be included in the NDAA.

So if you like someone who cost out country both financially and with the erosion of rights we have had since the country was founded vote Obama! Oh and now he will have much more latitude to help Russia!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Your tiny 6% would take away 80% of seniors primary income source in the US.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Which Republicans, exactly? But, if we accept your premise, shouldn't we also consider the benefits of making the people responsible for themselves?

If these are your true feelings, why do you support Obama? He is no champion of social security. In fact, his so-called "payroll tax cuts" were actually reductions in your social security contributions, not your income tax withholding. Your income tax withholding increased, under Obama, who (like every other presidential candidate) promised not to increase taxes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Can you list and quote some genuine verifiable examples of all these "abolishments" ?

start here:

""A good reason to vote for Obama""

If you support a very possible $25 trillion debt then vote for Obama.

Yes he can do it in another 4 years

If you support a more cold and negative society then vote for Obama.

Yes he can make it even worse than it is in another 4 years

Where exactly is the threat to SS ?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

A third world country due to Social Security being done away with? What are you smoking?

Your right......Lets not require that people plan for their future and take personal responsibility for themselves. And, lets not take that money from the all loving and all knowing Govt, so they can thus provide for everyone's retirement.
I so look forward to the golden years of my life, where I get to live off Social Security and what the Govt hands out in the form of an allowance. What is the monthly amount again? I am sure it is enough to fund people so as not to hear screams of "I'm on a fixed income".

What a crock.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I am absolutely shaking my head that even on a site that is by definition filled with skeptics you get people like this that at some point heard on the radio or heard someone talking about something and took it as total proof. What Republicans are trying to do away with Social Security? It needs an overhaul as stated above. It is not enough to live on right now. It could help supplement your walmart door greeter income. But you cant retire on it.

But Obama? What the hell is he going to do other than raise our debt, raise our taxes and cause more unemployment. What good is social security even going to do if people dont have jobs and cant pay into it? Stop listening to the democratic circle jerk crowd. This is a total fabrication.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A good reason to vote for Obama

The ONLY good reason to vote for Obama is because he isn't Romney.
The ONLY good reason to vote for Romney is because he isn't Obama.

Kind of a real stickler .. isn't it?
That leaves either staying home on election night or voting third party.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join