It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new type of censorship found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

by:
Dave Lindorff

At top.

Link to bio
edit on 13-7-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
First, it wouldn't be censorship so much as entrapment...

Second, I'd wager you probably landed on a spammer's markov page. They take keywords and spin text to attract search spiders with unique, keyword rich content that reads (some better than others) like gibberish, at least in places.

For example, I copied a couple news articles into this markovizer (www.beetleinabox.com...), and came up with this text:

Emails and their lawyers, according to stop Sandusky’s abuse. The school’s board members found out about events leading to cooperate with experience investigating committee, said Gary Olson, a website it says shows Romney as little more likely argue that included reporting for employees, Freeh investigation, citing the athletic department. Payments for allegation of appeal seeking to make available to create a huge degree of this university.” Emails uncovered by Sandusky was convicted last month on Romneys campaign manager, said are based on an e mailed statement. “We have committed a compliance officer and others ignored them, Freeh said. “The most senior leaders at companies after the plan to bring his mother and Bermuda, the search for the beginning that he knew about . The report cites the report. None of a culture of the group said yesterday filed a phone interview. “And that it has launched attacks on the university officials charged with lying to treat Sandusky on the most saddening and Republican rival Mitt Romneys campaign seized on that shipped American jobs overseas when he had engaged in an outsourcing was hired to accuse him to be about . Obama campaign manager, said Daniel Filler, a press conference, noting that they took no action in the Freeh said. “Kids still like Penn State’s board oversight through . And Romney had absolutely no action in , several battleground states, asks voters: When a former Federal Bureau of deceit and Republican left Bain through a change.” The board may have committed a Bain and leadership going back as an e mailed statement.

I've got experience in this...I'm not going to talk about how.

EDIT: looks like you found a page where the owner is doing that, to make a political statment - that keyword list was released a while back.
edit on 13-7-2012 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

the articles from the sight are vetted before posting,
also the rest of the article makes much more linguistic sense than the one you produced,
the sight would be very worried about this

im off to contact the sight admins of the screeny i took to make them aware of the situation and ask for comment

xploder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

are you saying that this is some form of protest by the author?
i am confused,
why would you put key words into text as that would just give a reason for your readership to freak out?

and it would alert the dhs using their keyword finding programs.

not a nice thing for an author to do.

i suspect this is to allow tracking,
am i being overly paranoid?

xploder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Protest/sarcasm. The author likely did that in order to illicit a response - any response, actually, as the curiosity would lead people to that keyword list of terms that supposedly mark you as a terror watchlist candidate.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

My thought is still that he threw those words in to sort of protest, basically saying screw you guys, I'm not scared. Also wasting the computers time. However brief. If we all started posting those keywords a few times a day it would screw with the system.

I still think it's a little creepy though. I think we may have gotten a little paranoid. I took too much NyQuil and feel goofy.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by XPLodER

I would just go and hit ALERT on your OP and ask. Now that there is something tangible it should be changed, at least until more info is forthcoming. Going to attempt to contact author?

i have alerted the op to the mods,

i can see this being used as an excuse to track people who click on that link,
i am concerned this could be used as an excuse to track people who innocently stumble on the article

if this is used to inflate the number of legally trackable people while using nat sec to side step civil liberties.

this "could" be used by law enforcement to circumvent privacy,
could it not?

is this entrapment?
or
a protest by the author?

xploder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

do you know if simply reading the page can be enough to get you tracked?

does the fact that those words were on a page that i read make me a suspect?

ps thanks for bringing a level head to the convo

xploder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

maby i am being overly concerned,
or paranoid,

thinking of alerting the EFF or is that over reacting too?

xploder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

weird,
pork is in there,

is that on the watch list too?
it is out of place too

xploder

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm going to plant a BOMB on a busload of FROGS and tell the GOVERNMENT to come find me in AFGHANISTAN after I EXPLODE that bus and all the FROGS with it. I will then IGNITE a FLAG and put FALSE documents under a CHRISTMAS tree.

Once I'm done with that I will TERRORISE a car load of KITTENS and pull their tails. Puppy dogs will cop it sweet too, as I tie RATTLES to their tails. I will then DETONATE a budgie.

really, that document will not get you much of anything, unless there is an infinite amount of funding at the ready to pursue people for simply clicking on a link, tricked or by their own volition.

But it's funny to s.. wait, someones at the door, brb

edit on 13-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
a new form of censorship has been found,

it involves a web page to be seaded with trigger words,
those words can be found on the words watch list released by the government recently,
at this stage it is unclear how the key words are being injected to the web pages,

but simply reading the article involved will get you on a terrorist watch list
i will not link for obvious reasons

Look my friend ..... we obviously have some hard core criminals running our government and they are being enabled by rubber-stampers in congress and the courts. They already have a list that says over a million of us are potential terrorists. They are already stopping American citizens from flying. They are molesting our citizens daily. They have twisted law enforcement so far that these people are largely unrecognizable.

This cancer has gone so far that this group of bad guys is trying to kill our country. We already know from Agenda 21 that they intend to herd us like animals. We know that false flags like 9/11 and shenanigans with the WHO, contaminated vaccines and swine flu will be used to lock down our liberty. They will not back down and if history repeats (which it will) they will be killing us off in small groups in a short time -- using one excuse or another.

The point of this rant being ...... post the damn link already. It does not matter what's on it as these people running our "government" really don't care about reality. It's all mind games and word games. They will do what they want and they will invent reasons for those actions. We might as well flood their lists.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

are you saying that this is some form of protest by the author?
i am confused,
why would you put key words into text as that would just give a reason for your readership to freak out?

and it would alert the dhs using their keyword finding programs.

not a nice thing for an author to do.

i suspect this is to allow tracking,
am i being overly paranoid?

xploder

it's really quite simple
VIOLENCE
the author did it intentionally so asa to trigger the system with a false hit
REVOLUTION
enough people do this
BOMB CONGRESS
and the system will crash, overwhelmed by false hits
RAZE WASHINGTON
not to mention the expense,
now excuse me, got to DROP a BOMB in the bathroom
understand now?

edit ah i see maindh was up earlier

edit on 13-7-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So the real terrorists - Our Government is going to put me on a list for reading that.. it's o.k... they are on My list now.

If it's true it's just another ploy to gain control and take away our Freedoms. There was a thread a while back from someone asking Freedom lovers what freedoms were really being taken away. He scoffed that no freedoms were taken and we were all being silly. Now a pastor in Arizona has been jailed 60 days and fined 12.000 dollars for holding a Bible Study at his home with a small group of people. It's breaking news on Fox today.

No.. this could Never happen in America. Not My America. Not the America that stands for the right to peacefully assemble and protects free speech and freedom of religion. Yet, it's happening. They claim because they assembled together it has to be considered a Church and the private residence is not zoned for churches. See.. they will make up stupid laws to trick you to take away your freedoms.

Make no mistake people. We don't live in America anymore. Our nation has been striped from us without a shot being fired and all the people asleep. It's time we take our nation back. You don't do that with a vote, you do it with a GUN. Thank you Mr Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
I'm going to plant a BOMB on a busload of FROGS and tell the GOVERNMENT to come find me in AFGHANISTAN after I EXPLODE that bus and all the FROGS with it. I will then IGNITE a FLAG and put FALSE documents under a CHRISTMAS tree.

Once I'm done with that I will TERRORISE a car load of KITTENS and pull their tails. Puppy dogs will cop it sweet too, as I tie RATTLES to their tails. I will then DETONATE a budgie.

really, that document will not get you much of anything, unless there is an infinite amount of funding at the ready to pursue people for simply clicking on a link, tricked or by their own volition.

But it's funny to s.. wait, someones at the door, brb

Don't mind me quoting that post. I wanna be on that list too

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Ha ha! This both scares me and makes me laugh. When I first saw the list of naughty words one of my first thoughts was wouldn't it be great if everyone tried to write something using as many of the naughty words as possible. If everyone was using these words so much and so often wouldn't it make tracking such things expensive and a waste of time. I even challenged some of my friends to see who could use the most words in one place and still make it make sense.

I have noticed ATSers misspelling words that were on the naughty list. I admit I have used some of the worst of these naughty words in some of my posts. I am not worried though I am no threat to anyone but myself. These are some wacked out crazy times we are living in fear is one of the most unattractive and dangerous emotions. White knuckle all the way till doomsday (or not.)

Nice find OP!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Nothing ever gives the government the right to spy on you. And bring it on. I will die before i go to jail. And ill take a few jackbooted thugs down with me. I always carry 24 rounds of .45acp jacketed hollowpoints with me...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
Ha ha! This both scares me and makes me laugh. When I first saw the list of naughty words one of my first thoughts was wouldn't it be great if everyone tried to write something using as many of the naughty words as possible. If everyone was using these words so much and so often wouldn't it make tracking such things expensive and a waste of time. I even challenged some of my friends to see who could use the most words in one place and still make it make sense.

I have noticed ATSers misspelling words that were on the naughty list. I admit I have used some of the worst of these naughty words in some of my posts. I am not worried though I am no threat to anyone but myself. These are some wacked out crazy times we are living in fear is one of the most unattractive and dangerous emotions. White knuckle all the way till doomsday (or not.)

Nice find OP!

You mean like ied, bomb, white powder, police, law enforcement, nuclear, domestic nuclear detection office, sarin, ricin, nerve agent, north kora, dirty bomb, anthrax, improvised explosive device, cops, assassination, SWAT, homeland security, maritime domain awareness, standoff? How many times do you think people say cops, really? Lol.

As soon as i saw that list i put a bunch on facebook. I was also drunk and ended the list with "bomb bomb bomb" lol.

I have a tsa security clearance, so i guess im not on the list....
edit on 13-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Nice find OP!

You mean like ied, bomb, white powder, police, law enforcement, nuclear, domestic nuclear detection office, sarin, ricin, nerve agent, north kora, dirty bomb, anthrax, improvised explosive device, cops, assassination, SWAT, homeland security, maritime domain awareness, standoff? How many times do you think people say cops, really? Lol.

As soon as i saw that list i put a bunch on facebook. I was also drunk and ended the list with "bomb bomb bomb" lol.

I have a tsa security clearance, so i guess im not on the list....
edit on 13-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

It appears you might be part of the opposition then =) I would be careful telling people here you are with TSA.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Domo1

weird,
pork is in there,

is that on the watch list too?
it is out of place too

xploder

Bacon....duh!

new topics

top topics