It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Folklore & Thunderstorms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Yes the temperature drops are nice. I like the smell of ozone too when it starts raining. Everything just smells so much fresher, cleaner. Unless of course you get flash floods like we've been experiencing the past two weeks...then it's not so much fun when everyone's basements are flooded! I can't help but wonder during these intense weather storms.

Are we even supposed to be here on this planet? Seven billion people - and nature always seems to win in the end. and always will!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Another storm is brewing. Something in the air. Several people on the other thread here have complained of headaches, and are feeling heavy or saddened. Even the debunkers are feeling it too. A few of us even had the same experience last night around the same time.

Like we were being watched by our guardian angels or spirit guides, or familiars. The feeling was comforting and for me, the room almost filled with a quiet light. The feeling was unnerving and peaceful all at the same time.

I'm sure it's something to do with the weather, something happening in the universe affecting what's happening down here...I don't like it. Whatever it is...is leaving me feeling edgy and jumpy this week.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Another storm is brewing. Something in the air. Several people on the other thread here have complained of headaches, and are feeling heavy or saddened. Even the debunkers are feeling it too. A few of us even had the same experience last night around the same time.

Like we were being watched by our guardian angels or spirit guides, or familiars. The feeling was comforting and for me, the room almost filled with a quiet light. The feeling was unnerving and peaceful all at the same time.

I'm sure it's something to do with the weather, something happening in the universe affecting what's happening down here...I don't like it. Whatever it is...is leaving me feeling edgy and jumpy this week.

dreamsnthingz.blogspot.ca...
edit on 21-7-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine

dreamsnthingz.blogspot.ca...
edit on 21-7-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the reply! I am glad you follow what I am saying. And Thanks for the wealth of information you provided in this thread. its very thought provoking subject, that can lead in many many different directions.

The weather 100% has its affects on us humans. Pressures change which will affect our bodies, and each person can react differently to these storms.
There are some storms that will give me a head ache. While other storms make my knees and shoulder very sore.
I am not sure of the direct science to all this. But I do know enough about chemistry to understand that all matter reacts to other matter. And weather is a direct result of the tiny tiny molecules, manifest into a macro display of energy and power.
We are a part of this system, and we are all connected to it very deeply. More so than our current science understands. I just feel it in my body, the connection I share with you, the Earth, and its weather elements.
We are a part of this electrical/mana system, the living beings on the Earth depend on weather. It can bring life, and can take life away. A pure source of who we are, yet we are over looking some major details.
And what are those major details? Wish I could answer that one. All I know is that I feel something.. And the feeling is connection.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Everything in this universe, is connected. We are all part of something massive and we are all connected and comprised of energy. Some are more sensitive to the energy around us than others - I like the word empath to describe this. We feel more than others feel and can sense other energies that surround us. For me it becomes physical and if it becomes too much, I can get migraines (like this weekend) and become quite ill.

So yes I find this thread very interesting in reading everyone's responses and how they react during storms. I especially find it interesting that animals and my friend's pets are reacting more violently during thunder storms. One dog, Amber, chewed through an wooden block during a thunder storm the other night. Chewed that thing up good.

Going to end it there for now, I'm a bit jumpy and rambly tonight.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

OMFG tornado watch. It's bad. Got some footage and some awesome thunder. Hopefully, it shows up on cam.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Video Link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Did a tornado ever touch down? Hope not.

We just had the most intense storm pass through here. The lightening and thunder stayed in one spot behind our house for about thirty minutes! Very slow moving storm! Cloud to ground lightening with the strangest sound of thunder I've ever heard! If you can imagine an EKG monitor, how the line goes up and down as the heart beats... the thunder was like that. It would last for a full thirty seconds or more with the sound getting loud, then lower, then loud, etc. as it "rippled" through the sky. Very weird sounding.
I would have recorded it, but the audio doesn't work on my camera. That, and the fact I was still in bed. The storm woke me up. Gotta finish my coffee and get started on my day now. I hope that's the last of the storms for awhile today. There may be more later. I don't like them when they are that close, and that intense! Scary!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
yes, I love thunderstorms too!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yep. Two of them! But not much damage I don't think.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Today is the 25th anniversary of an F5 that landed in 1987. I remember that day. I was ten, and it was the first time my parent's let me go to the mall unsupervised with friends.

We were having fun at the arcade, when the power went out. People panicked. Mob mentality kicked in. Hail was so large it broke windows. Everyone ran. We got home safely, to learn that the tornado was in progress. 27 people died that day. It's been a pretty somber day here in town.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We just had another high-wind storm blow through here. I actually did get some video, but doubt that I can upload it. I'm going to go see if I can. Be back in a jiffy.

Nopie! I didn't think it would. I don't have the right movie file, or something. So, allow me to paint you a picture...

I live in the country part of town. That is, where there are hills, and trees, and not as many houses as in down town.
The wind was blowing all the trees on the hillside behind my house, swaying the limbs back and forth. The sky was so dark in the northern sky, I thought we may be getting tornado warnings soon! Then came the heavy rain beating on the rooftop... the wind still kicking a**, and turning over the chairs on the porch. The signal to my t.v. was interrupted twice. It lasted for about 30 minutes, then started to die down. It has just now stopped lightening.
Pretty intense storm... just like the last one that passed through a few days ago.

All is calm now.

edit on 7/31/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Today is the 25th anniversary of an F5 that landed in 1987. I remember that day. I was ten, and it was the first time my parent's let me go to the mall unsupervised with friends.

We were having fun at the arcade, when the power went out. People panicked. Mob mentality kicked in. Hail was so large it broke windows. Everyone ran. We got home safely, to learn that the tornado was in progress. 27 people died that day. It's been a pretty somber day here in town.

That is a sad story. Must have been really scary for you being in that situation without parental supervision for the first time. Too bad your first time out alone was marred by such a terrible incident. I'm sure you will remember it always.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I didn't even know about that until today. I was living in Vancouver at the time.
I saw the pictures in the news, now I'm even more freaked out about tornadoes

It really wiped out Edmonton, like a big nasty eraser. So much damage.

I've really got to find a shelter place, for my peace of mind. I'm in an open plan house......

Last night I was told there was a twister in Vegreville, moving north really fast. The twister died down, but the wind stayed really strong, rain in waves on one side of the house, grass flattened right over on the other side, and the little yard site spot on my 15 acres, stayed dry

It's weird watching powerful weather out 2 windows, on opposite sides of the house, and the house didn't even feel the wind or the rain.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
@sled nah it didn't damage me too much. I was ten at the time. But that tornado did spark my obsession with thunderstorms. Like it awakened something inside me. I always get a bit excited when a good storm is brewing. Reminds me. Should post pics from last night. Good colour in the clouds.

@snow - I'm glad to have met you. Alberta doesn't get many tornadoes. The one in 1987 was a fluke. It was just the right weather for it. We had a couple of tornadoes last week and I suspect we'll have more funnel clouds.

The weather this year is just loopy.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You might find this link interesting.en.wikipedia.org...I dig thunder storms as well, so much energy you can feel it!

edit on 1-8-2012 by laughingdog because: (no reason given)
en.wikipedia.org...(folklore)
edit on 1-8-2012 by laughingdog because: Link "fail"

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If it's anything like the storm that hit my town then I know it was different than other storms before it. This one didn't even look right and I could agree that it was evil. Maybe it was the same storm that came my way?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

I have been thinking about something here for a couple years now. And I think this will be the best place to put my thoughts.
Thunderstorms, I love them too! They have such a GREAT power about them. That in some really good storms, even with my modern mindset, I am still in AWE at some of the bigger storms we have.

Now lets say, I know nothing about the science to these storms, and all I know is what I see and hear.
More than likely I am going to come to some thought process that there are beings up there fighting, and or have chariots rolling across the skies.

How would someone back then, draw a sound? Well to me that is where they got all those folklore paintings of beings in the sky, shooting laser like beams, and wars going on in the sky.

That bothered me about the ancient alien show. They claimed those people where painting what they really saw. But I disagree with that. To Draw or paint sound, you must go from what you know makes sounds like that. So I do not think they saw aliens in the sky back then.. But they where wittness to some very cool storms, that put them in the same AWE I go into.
Yet we today, have the nuts and bolts aspect. Back then, common folk did not have access to that kind of information.

Those who read this post.. Do you follow what I am saying? Or should I explain myself better?

Well I for one read your post and followed exactly, and I've gotta say that I agree with you. I've always had the same mindset regarding thunderstorms, how the ancients viewed them, and the correlation (of any) with stories of massive battles in the sky. You worded it better than I ever could have.

Awesome avatar by the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join