It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X class flare, almost direct hit Saturday

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HolographicPrincipal

en.wikipedia.org...

This is what I understand to be the culprit.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Yeah I know that earthquakes and sunspots are a hotly debated theory and there is not real evidence that suggests a link, nor is there much than can disprove it.

I just seem to be picking up a pattern of earthquakes being more frequent shortly after a geomagnetic storm. Like when the ionosphere has been highly charged up.

Here's a link to a good Ionospheric Map

P.s I know its an Australian Government site, but I don't work for them lol. Seriously I don't

Here is the ionospheric map for Tuesday, Jul 17 2012 10:36 UT
The holes as they have been called can easily be seen as bright white in colour. There may be a link between the highly charged ionosphere and earthquakes. I say maybe.

edit on 17-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
reply to post by MamaJ

Yeah I know that earthquakes and sunspots are a hotly debated theory and there is not real evidence that suggests a link, nor is there much than can disprove it.

I just seem to be picking up a pattern of earthquakes being more frequent shortly after a geomagnetic storm. Like when the ionosphere has been highly charged up.

Here's a link to a good Ionospheric Map

P.s I know its an Australian Government site, but I don't work for them lol. Seriously I don't

Here is the ionospheric map for Tuesday, Jul 17 2012 10:36 UT
The holes as they have been called can easily be seen as bright white in colour. There may be a link between the highly charged ionosphere and earthquakes. I say maybe.

edit on 17-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

Hahaha.... Prove you dont. Just kiddin lol

Im with you though...... There does seem to be a pattern but again, its not the same each time. I think there are a lot of factors at play here.

After the geomagnetic storm or possibly during these people experienced some wild lightning... Check it out.
www.thenewstribune.com...
Ive seen some crazy lightning as I live in Tennessee. This here is remarkable. An incoming CME sends off charges so there is no doubt in my mind ... The affects.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Excellent article you linked to. Like I said I'm not saying I can prove earthquakes will increase now, but I certainly will be on the lookout for any significant up-tic in activity. Likewise IMO I'm sure that solar storms do effect the weather as well. Its just hard to prove it. Like everything with Scientists now, they all argue and in the end they are all probably on the wrong track.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join