It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agenda 21 Micro-Apartment Scheme Being Beta-Tested in NYC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Are you saying hotels in San Francisco no longer have parking lots, or that they charge their guests extra for parking privileges? In either case, wow.

And I've driven in San Francisco, as well, so I can understand why car-less tenents would be promoted there, as well. Maybe renters could find a way to hang a bicycle from their tiny ceilings.

Wow is right. Most of the downtown hotels charge for parking and I've heard of rates as high as $50 per night. Yeah, I try not to drive in the city, either, when I can help it.

Funny, the small SF apartments that I mentioned earlier have entire parking garages in the basement. 'Kind of detracts from the whole efficient, space-saving concept, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I guess it's just me or maybe it's the flouride going to my head, but I just don't see how these are THAT bad as one-bedroom apartments. I mean, yes they are cramped but I'm a heart and blood Yankee, and from the picture of the area I saw, it doesn't look like I'd be unable to have breathing room. I mean, I'm from the Bronx, and the living spaces we had weren't really enormous per se, but they were quite large. So large in fact, that my father cut up the one-bedroom apartment we lived in into a two-bedroom, and cut the living room in half with homemade planks for me and my brother's room. You couldn't even tell that it was a one-bedroom! That's good and all, but as a one-bedroom apartment, it could have been smaller.

Mind you, I'm not pushing these things on, because I wouldn't leave my current quarters for that, but for a single-person, or maybe even two, these look pretty nice. And if they were real cheap, I don't see the conspiracy. I mean you could still buy a home (if you could afford one that is), and they aren't pushing for these to replace current apartments.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure

Are you saying hotels in San Francisco no longer have parking lots, or that they charge their guests extra for parking privileges? In either case, wow.

And I've driven in San Francisco, as well, so I can understand why car-less tenents would be promoted there, as well. Maybe renters could find a way to hang a bicycle from their tiny ceilings.

Wow is right. Most of the downtown hotels charge for parking and I've heard of rates as high as $50 per night. Yeah, I try not to drive in the city, either, when I can help it.

Funny, the small SF apartments that I mentioned earlier have entire parking garages in the basement. 'Kind of detracts from the whole efficient, space-saving concept, doesn't it?

Whatever the traffic will bear I guess. This traffic prefers San Diego anyway. Or San Luis Obispo. Or Morro Bay. Haven't been to the latter two in quite awhile, but the memories are still fresh.

On the parking garage thing, I hadn't heard one way or another about San Francisco's project, but in New York the plans are to put the "apartments" close to public transportation lines so as to make vehicles "unnecessary", I don't know about verboten, but probably not. But maybe New Yorkers have a different attitude about driving. I'm pretty sure it would never fly here in the southwest. They'd have to pry people's car keys out of their dead cold fingers.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

I don't see the conspiracy. I mean you could still buy a home (if you could afford one that is), and they aren't pushing for these to replace current apartments.

Incrementalism is not a conspiracy. Its simply a plan that often takes many years to accomplish. Concensus is attempted through tireless promotion and advertising. IOW, job one is convincing people that its all for their own good and that its also for the good of everyone who disagrees so that eventually detractors are worn down and give in.

The Consensus Process
By Henry Lamb
Originally published in Eco-Logic Online in 1997:

In communities across America, "stakeholder" councils are being formed, or have already been formed, to advance Agenda 21 to transform cities and towns into "sustainable communities." The "consensus process" is used to gain the appearance of public support for the principles of sustainability, applied to a particular community. The process is designed to take the public policy- making function away from elected officials and place it in the hands of non-elected officials, while giving the appearance of broad public input into the decision-making process.
www.freedomadvocates.org...

But there's no guarantee you'll like the outcome. That part isn't a requirement.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by frazzle

I found this article from 2011 about a woman in Manhattan that lives in 90 square feet; and she is a professional organizer.

Link: www.worldrecordsacademy.org...

Edit: Ok I did some googling and I decided to try and find the worlds smallest apartment. Here is what I found a woman living in a 21 square foot apartment!

Link: realestate.aol.com...

edit on 12-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

edit on 12-7-2012 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

A quote from the article:

"Who cares about apartment size? They're all the same size when your eyes are closed."

The future of the borg here we come

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by frazzle

I found this article from 2011 about a woman in Manhattan that lives in 90 square feet; and she is a professional organizer.

Link: www.worldrecordsacademy.org...

You'd almost have to be a professional organizer to live in a space like that. Sounds like she's in her element.

I don't know about this Agenda 21 people are talking about, but I do know about supply and demand and that's what this sounds like.

That, and Manhattan is landlocked. You can't build out so you either build up or micro-manage what you already have. Manhattan has been doing it for a long time now. Why do you think they have so many skyscrapers? Because they look pretty?

Necessity is the mother of invention.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They're here.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by divideandconquer
They're here.

www.bloomberg.com...

The sheep-pens.

They are just about the right size now.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I really suggest anyone who can get a truck and an old cheap trailer and use paper mache, corn husks and lime or commercial hemp/lime or any alternative building supply to build low cost homes on wheels, even two full size ones that butt up together, and move move move. Or a family, pool up and buy some land, and put up as many homes as possible. Aquaponics,

Land, farms, and more and more doing it.

Its outrageous I would like TPTB to be under house arrest in these tiny apartments. Would be a good sentence.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Take your kids and youths out of the cities. I wouldn't ever allow them to rent these box's. We have ministry foster kids who decided this home was a safe home and all I'm trying to do is problem solve how to start a series of businesses. Ive discussed with a few of them, who I see as my son's, like my own children and have told them I love them, and want them to have good life plans, to be free of this world, to wake up, BE WATER, like Bruce Lee says, and that land and aquaponics and even homes on wheels, cobs built on crates so they're not so called permanent, mentioned skills to learn from woodworking, to welding, electronics, art, music, mechanics, build energy devices, I won't name all the different workshops would like.

This is what needs to be done for as many as possible.

Never give into their agendas.

Cob Houses - Live Debt Free with Sustainable Development

Even university, correspondence and home businesses. Stand your ground.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join