It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed Over Australia Baffles Experts - **Video**

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Im going to say it....

Most of the people claiming aliens and UFO's are here are KIDS! That is why you get the same old "Ive never seen it before" line. The older ones claiming UFO's and aliens are normally either a bit mental, ignorant to reality, or just looking for somewhere to fit in (social outcasts).

They seem to think this is a first, same as all of the end of the world bs.

I know many users on here are children, and yes, it makes them far less credible! Kids mistake things all the time because they havent seen or experienced it before.

This is one of the reasons i rarely bother to interact on here anymore. Too many Crazies and kiddies.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Looks like an airplane to me.

You can even see the red and green lights.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
A chinese lantern baffled an expert

Just how are these people experts? Who are these experts?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I look at most of the UFO threads on this site and a few others. I read what is said and I try to watch the videos and look at all the pictures. One thing is very consistent. Those who comment are so sure of what they say. "it's just a Chinese lantern", "it's just an airplane", and the new one for me, "YAQC, yet another quad copter". I find this amusing because they are speaking with absolute authority on a matter they were not present for.I live in the USA, not Australia. It would be foolish of me to definitively state that this video DEFINITIVELY portrays anything. I was not present during its filming. I do not know the person holding the camera. I do not know the circumstances ofthe incident beyond what has been presented. How can I be so certain of anything? I am not stating that this individual witnessed a craft from another planet. I am not stating that anyone's assessment is incorrect. I am simply pointing out that no one can be positive that it is one thing and not another. It very well could be some spacecraft from a visiting ET. It could also be an approaching jetliner or some other perfectly mundane thing. The point is we simply do not know and we will not know unless someone checks the flight path of every airplane in the vicinity of Australia, reviews all weather patterns for the continent and its surrounding waters, investigates all possibilities of Chinese lantern use and rules out any military possibility. Until that is completed and posted for review none can say for certain what it is or isn't.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
1. Chinese Lantern is the new 'Swamp Gas'

2. This is an interesting clip and I don't think it's a Chinese Lantern (I also live in Australia and never see them)

3. All these people screaming in outrage 'who are these experts?!' How about you do a little research by, oh I don't know, reading the article?

Australia astronomer David Reneke is confounded by the footage of a UFO taken by Durras surfer Ben Roberts.
“I don’t know what to make of it,” he said.

www.davidreneke.com... According to one blurb I found:

David Reneke is an astronomy lecturer and teacher, a feature writer for major Australian newspapers and magazines, and a science correspondent for ABC and commercial radio.

Now I don't know the journalist who wrote this paper, but I do know the area and it's fairly rural. Pretty and coastal, but rural. I can't imagine it attracts high calibre journalists. I would be willing to be that the author didn't run the piece past Reneke before posting it. If I had said 'I don't know what to make of it' and considered myself any sort of expert I would not let someone paraphrase that as saying I'm 'confounded'.

Given the author doesn't mention any other 'experts' in the article, I'd also be willing to be that he has just sensationalised the title. After all, if he has one expert and he gets pulled up on it - he can always manufacture another 'expert' to qualify the plural in the headline.

Bad bad journalism, yes - but the vid is still interesting and worth discussing and considering.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Looks like a smaller sensor drone that is collecting environmental information, it has been sent from a much larger craft somewhere.
A lot of the orbs are sensor craft taking readings that are of interest to those that sent them.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

What is there to discuss and consider ?? It's a little blurry light !! This thread will go one for 20 pages about what the little blurry light is doing !! It doesn't move , it moves , it goes away !! Simply Amazing and definite proof 100% real and it baffled the experts too !! Stop the press !

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkmoon1972

Well said, kudos to you sir

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777
UFO Footage Filmed Over Australia Baffles Experts

I just came across this article & video of a supposed UFO filmed over Australia on June 21 2012. It was filmed by Durras surfer Ben Roberts, who is also an Amateur Astronomer. The video is described as a bright light that at first is easily mistaken as Venus, but in the last 10 seconds of the video the object in questions speeds up, pans left and then well... you decide.

Im still ob the fence as to exactly what we're looking at here. I don't think we are looking at a hoax/fake. Im very interested in what you all think on the matter. So, What say you all?

UFO Filmed Over Australia Baffles Experts - Article & Video

Australia astronomer David Reneke is confounded by the footage of a UFO taken by Durras surfer Ben Roberts.

“I don’t know what to make of it,” he said.

“At first I was sure it was Venus, because it was in the area in the sky at the time, but the way it moves in the last five to 10 seconds is strange stuff. Unless the film has been sped up it has me puzzled.”

Mr Reneke said that Venus was responsible for most sightings across the world, and can be “quite brilliant”.

However, he also brought some aspects of the footage into question.

“In the end it pans left and there is a very bright sunrise, whereas before it was pitch black,” he said.

Heres the video...

Enjoy!!

-Anathema

**Edit Added Important Information**

Heres some info I came across that lends to the credibility of this video / sighting.

Usually the fakes / hoaxes are a few seconds long and always leave us asking "If this was real why didn't you continue video taping until the craft / object disappears? Well this guy video tapes it for ovet 8 minutes and if you read his description of the video he says go to his channel if you want to watch more footage that he filmed of the exact same area immediately following the sighting.

edit on 7/12/2012 by anathema777 because: Added Information
Hi guys, i'm from australia and been looking out for ufo's for a while, quick story when i was young bout 13, me and three mates and my brother were visiting my grandparents in nyha nsw, we were outside near the fruit trees on the farm and seen orange lights comeing towards us it come that close we cold see the windows, don't no if its goverment owned or not but it was round lick a saucer it was about 50ft wide and about 10 to 15 feet high.
It landed in the woods nearby we ran in told my pop and dad and both told us they see them all the time. I don't have prof of that but i no the sighting was reported in the local paper date was 1993. Cant find anything on it. since then been watching the sky's a bit i'm now 33, haven't seen much till the last year, year and a half, the best ones would be two in the last week, one was a light looked like a star but twice the size move around the sky's for a bit then just vanished but it moved around weird kind of like it could of just done a full 360 on the spot, then tonight one flew right over our house me my wife and kids seen it, it was a bright light not flying like a plane and no sound,it moved the same haven't see eny plane fly like what ever this was, again don't no if there goverment owend but pretty shore most planes have green and red lights don't no if drone's can just shift left and right if you drew the path of it-it would be a straight line then left 100 deg turn then right 100 deg then straight did it like that all across the sky. I currently bought a good camera so ganna start taking some pic's, just joined so still trying to work this site out. (the last few weeks theres been alot of sightings reported all round australia i've read about six just on facebook. pluss this one) I no it's a bit hard to belive without prof but i'll leave it up to you guys. Still trying to get paper clipping of the 1993 sighting. Pretty shore once i learn how to use my camera properly should have some pretty good pics hopefully cheers guys.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
In that area of Australia (Bateman's Bay, New South Wales), you won't find many Chinese Lanterns in the sky because you won't find many Chinese People on the ground.

It's simple logic.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
In that area of Australia (Bateman's Bay, New South Wales), you won't find many Chinese Lanterns in the sky because you won't find many Chinese People on the ground.

Umm, I didn't realize you had to be Chinese to launch a Chinese lantern...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

no chinese there just wild pigs and kangaroos, that was when i was thirteen the two that were bright lights were in sydenham melb heaps of chinese here but still moved to quick and moved around alot nice try wish they were though, cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FREAKYTRUTH

I think if people spent maybe 15- 20 min a night looking at stars you should see something moving around just watch em carefully some look like satilites then they go very bright then die off and just move funny, being that high up even when it looks like its moving slightly its moving heaps just watch out on don't zap u up lol cheers

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

i think if anyone did a tiny bit of research on the matter.. you'd find most non Asian Aussies don't give a flying Orbs Outtake Vent about Chinese lanterns.. just re-stating a very valid point.. there just not the "thing" here like they are in the US and EU.

I've seen things like in the OP.. they do things no balloon or lantern... nor kite..nor RC and the times i've seen things they do maneuvers that would kill a human with current known anti-G technology.

I also would never expect anyone that hasn't seen such things to fathom just how very awesome these Orbs (as that's all they are from the ground..) are.. I however am getting really annoyed by the predictable negativity on each and every thread.. are there not rules against that.. not my domain, but im sure some of you are walking a very fine line on this site.. some i wonder why your even here.. but alas.. another tale for another time

and yeah.. Im over the Orbs... so many Orbs lately why isn't there a close up of a disc in full HD to be had? who are these fools with shaky hands and inferior cameras filming points of light in an otherwise same old sky?

I know the answers to that... do you?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Interesting...looks like there is a permanent BAN on sky lanterns in Australia, effective since Feb 1 2011:SOURCE

Now, that being said, there are 2.4 million asians in Australia (12% of the population): SOURCE

They may still launch them, albeit not legally.
edit on 13-7-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm a firm believer in extraterrestrial visitors and don't need proof, but it would be nice to have indisputable evidence to quiet all the debunkers.

Awesome video OP but this won't do anything to change anyone's mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Although its not got any conventional aircraft lights displayed, it is following a regular path no unusual movement.
My feeling is, it's an aircraft....and recorded from a large distance.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

edit on 13-7-2012 by dayve because: justalkinstik

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

Yes there are rules but unfortunately even the Trolls are allowed to have an opinion so while redundant, repetitive, defined as absolute without proper evidence they too are allowed to post their opinion, however ignorant it may be.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
reply to post by anathema777

My question is why post articles or videos that have no facts whatsoever , no reference to who the "baffled experts are , and like a previous post said , videos of lights that do nothing to contribute to UFO research ! ATS, s motto is "deny ignorance " not promote ignorance !

Deny Ignorance

de·ny - /diˈnī/
Verb:
1. Refuse to give (something requested or
desired) to (someone)

ig·no·rance - /ˈignərəns/
Noun:
1. Lack of knowledge or information

So by definition, to Deny Ignorance as I understand it would be to consistently Refute, Deny, Refuse to give, a lack of knowledge or information to those who you are presenting said information too (i.e. Members here at ATS).

So to answer your questions, the reason I post videos or articles is to provide ATS'ers with some UFO substance for them to investigate, question and come to their own conclusions about what it may or may not be.

Why do I post videos or articles that have "no facts what so ever"? I didn't realise I had posted an article that contained 0 facts, what so ever.

I don't know if your implying that I haven't provided reference to who the "baffled experts" are or the article? In any case the articles title stated that there were "baffled experts", I never said there was so I dont feel the burden falls upon me to provide said information though the article I do believe mentions at least one.

"Like a previous post said , videos of lights that do nothing to contribute to UFO research"! How does this contribute nothing to UFO research? I mean there are quite a few people reading the article, watching the video, drawing their own conclusions and then sharing them here, thus meeting the criteria of the exact definition of "research" and "contributing" to UFO Research.

Finally you chose to point out ATS's motto to "Deny Ignorance" and in doing so have only managed to show yours, rather than denying it.

-Anathema

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join