It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed Over Australia Baffles Experts - **Video**

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
actually, after 3 am ...sightings are more prevalent.
east Texas comes to mind

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

The reason I use Chinese lanterns is that I'm fed up with this site being filled with nonsense claims " baffled the Experts " please list all of the experts this crap video baffled !! Its getting to the point that every time someone shoots off a roman candle or a firefly has an orgasm it's " Definite Proof " of ETs

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Along the same vein, I'm surprised no one has started a thread along the lines of "Breaking Urgent Proof - I rubbed my eyes and saw prickly lights!!!!!!! UFOs is in muh eyeses!!!!!"

People freaking out over Venus, Freaking out over satellites, Freaking out over really distant planes, with every misfit, misfit's brother, misfit's sister, and misfit's dog either flying Chinese Lanterns, LED Kites, LED Balloons, Flare Balloons, Quadrocopters, and other variations along with all the people unaware of these things freaking out and thinking they're genuine along with a whole army of hardcore believers assisting in the perpetuation of these frauds and misidentifications by supporting them and paying lip service for their own selfish need for validation, it's just way out of hand.

The funny thing about the sort that believes near almost everything put in front of them, the kind that's quick to pull out the disinformation agent flag and start waving it around when they think someone is threatening their current favorite video, is, the very sort that believes near everything put in front of them is actually helping to perpetuate a disinformation circus of fraud by helping, supporting, and defending all the fraudulent and misidentification cases.

Don't like hearing about Chinese lanterns? Quit posting, watching, and defending videos that LOOK like Chinese lanterns, or some vague undefined light in the sky that doesn't do anything really all the UFO-like.
Quit spending your intellectual time and money on garbage, and the market will dry up.
Be picky and give your support to the UFO vids that actually LOOK like something extraordinary.
Random light in the sky that doesn't do anything that a balloon or a conventional aircraft can't do, is probably just that, or something quite very similar.

note: when I say "you" in this response, that's more of a ranty generalized "you" referring to all of everyone that supports and defends all these random light that does nothing exceptional videos.
The use of the word "you" is not aimed at rick004

edit on 13-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004

The reason I use Chinese lanterns is that I'm fed up with this site being filled with nonsense claims " baffled the Experts " please list all of the experts this crap video baffled !! Its getting to the point that every time someone shoots off a roman candle or a firefly has an orgasm it's " Definite Proof " of ETs

I see what your getting at by being fedup of certain ridiculous claims, just make sure that the claim is unfounded or ridiculous by nature before labeling it so.

Meaning I dont like someone proclaiming UFO!! every time, even if its clearly identifiable just as much as the Chinese Lantern crowd whithout backing up their claim with any fact or even a remedial explanation of why its a Chinese Lantern when its clearly a UFO.

Now me personally, when I say UFO I very much mean a UFO (as in an Unidentified Flying Object). Not Aliens, not Military, not Civilian, a UFO, something I cannot myself identify for 100% certainty.

If I say its ET or Aliens you can damn well bet that Im gonna at least attempt to back my claim up with what I believe to be facts / science and never conjecture or clear speculation (unless otherwise noted).

I personally am not laying claim that any so called "experts" are "baffled" by anything. I simply named the thread that because thats what the name of the linked article is titled. Thst is why I dont feel a need to necessarily answer your call to name the baffled experts. Also I personally never mentioned ET as having any relevance to this video though im sure your not necessarily pointing that statement at me.

I just post and name the threads I author as the article I find dictates and offer no "definitive explanation" of anything in said article/video. I just summarize and offer an educated opinion if theres enough information for me to do so.

In closing I have no quarrel with any explanation as long as the person putting one forward at least attempts to give reason for coming to said conclusion. And seeing how this sites creed is "Deny Ignorance" Id like to think that its expected that we attempt to raise the bar a little in our findings to include rhyme, reason and fact when stating something is a Chinese Lantern, UFO, Military or even The Wrath of God. Not just "it is this because I believe that it cant possibly be that". So I guess its fair to say Im equally fed up with either side putting forward an explanation without at least attempting to be objective, not subjective. Anything else is just lazy or ignorance.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Why cant this be a jet ?, or a small single engine ?....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Why cant this be a jet ?, or a small single engine ?....

It very well could be. Is that what you think it is I assume?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Assuming this isn't an orb/lightship for one second I'd say it's movement is consistent with a plane heading towards the camera for 8 minutes before banking and coming in to land. As Druscilla points out, the low sun is a good candidate for providing the (reflected) light source.

I'd like to know if this expert David Reneke has considered this or whether he has any reason for discounting the idea. I don't know much about the guy. Is he a legit astronomer?

As for the videographer in question, his youtube channel has videos of planes leaving vapour trails which he insists are chemtrails. Personally I believe the chemtrail thing to be nonsense so that hasn't helped the credibility of this particular video in my eyes.

I watched this video from his channel - it's beautifully shot and some beautiful clouds but I'm afraid I'm not seeing the same things he is

ufos,thick chemtrail particle haze,rod and wild black orb swarm around plane,3D clouds geometry,structures and objects,rainbow clouds ,glitches

edit on 13/7/2012 by MarrsAttax because: changed quote tags to corrcet ex-text

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't see anything extraordinary here, it could VERY WELL be a chinese lantern (the coloring is totally what it would look like)..another possibility would be sort of a balloon.

NOTHING in this video would lead me to believe it's anything extraordinary which couldn't have a more plausible explanation - and as long as there are a bunch of plausible, ordinary explanations it's not worth my interest.

>>
[...] which he insists are chemtrails.
>>

Which explains a lot and thus is a reason to not care about this thread/sighting ever again.

It's also amazing that someone calling himself an "amateur astronomer" would interpret a orange/reddish light as venus. Venus is NEVER even anywhere near reddish colored, it's bright,, glistening white. A 7 year old kid astronomer would know that. Which makes me believe that person is not an amateur astronomer at all, he might in fact not have a clue whatsoever aside from believing in his fantasy tales about chemtrails etc,
edit on 13-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
One of these days one of you "Chinese lantern" debunkers will see something.. maybe even film it, you'll try to share it but be shot down by your own people.. its going to be soo sweet, and i hope im there to gloat..

anyways, hasn't anyone put the strands together yet? There seem to be an awfull lot of lanterns flying about recently down this part of the world. Normally we'd get one or two by this time in the year but i lost count somewhere in march, Clusters in NZ a month back (although.. they may have been faked.. there was a UFO convention of sorts going on) and some rather amazing footage being shot by ordinary folks with nothing to gain from posting what they saw.

Let me just say this once and once only, We Australian's "don't care for that nonsense" in general.. were a pretty down to earth kinda country that takes pride in the fact were no fool (we'll most of us..) If we see "something" and we actually bother to tell anyone else.. that's a pretty big deal. Community's here are still rather small even in the big city's, you want to be sure before you offer your story up to mates/peers or risk being laughed at the rest of you natural life.. such is our way

So if a surfer, (and those lot are REALLY not the type to care about aliens and other woo haa) told me he/she's seen strange lights and unexplained things when they were out late on the beach.. im inclined to believe them 100% as their out there at that time almost every day and they'd know when somethings not were it should be in the sky.. and most surfers i've met have told me at least one story of Orange orbs of the coast, many of them have never met another, and have NO reason to lie.. as these story's aren't on a "site" or on utube but common word of mouth local knowledge by those that would know better..

Tell me again about the Chinese lanterns.. because you know,, I asked around (few friends in councils, and i was out visiting in an area predominately owned by Chinese) and most Asian/Australians arn't celebrating anything at this time.. nor really let of lanterns away from those celebrations.. fireworks maybe (man.. i lived in strathfield.. every weekend lol) but lanterns.. sory that's a MYTH

And to be honest... i got more weird looks asking about lanterns.. than when i outright asked if they'd seen/heard of anything strange in the sky lately.

Majority of Australians are Realists.. we call a spade a spade, and were not into Fakery.. if we caught our kids faking "anything" they'd be servery punished for being an a$$ ...& we know when its not a plane.

IE: WERE NOT STUPID, so please take your lanterns and leave

edit on 13-7-2012 by Xarian6 because: spelinz

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

Well, your boy that filmed this video in the OP in all likelihood filmed a very distant plane catching sun glare at altitude, but, he called it a UFO.
He went from star to UFO in nothing flat.
He didn't consider anything in between star and UFO like, um, maybe a planet? No? It moves? Ok, Maybe a satellite? It moves too slow for a satellite? Oh, well, then maybe a plane? Hmm, well, it is really really far away and something that far away you might not hear the engine. Hmmm.

You see the logical path of questioning here?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xarian6

Hats of to you sir. 25 stars for you too
I cant wait for the lantern crowd to come up with an even simpler, lamer blanket explanation for anything UFO related. I can hardly contain my morbid anticipation...

Some kind of leftover radiation bursts from fukashima bouncing of the ionosphere igniting Chinese swamp gas creating a glimmering UFO effect. I wish I had a better imagination, best I can do for now.

-Anathema

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by Xarian6

Well, your boy that filmed this video in the OP in all likelihood filmed a very distant plane catching sun glare at altitude, but, he called it a UFO.
He went from star to UFO in nothing flat.
He didn't consider anything in between star and UFO like, um, maybe a planet? No? It moves? Ok, Maybe a satellite? It moves too slow for a satellite? Oh, well, then maybe a plane? Hmm, well, it is really really far away and something that far away you might not hear the engine. Hmmm.

You see the logical path of questioning here?

My earlier post addressing this same issue

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Also, for those of you that have gone all Chinese Lantern ranty, please familiarize yourself with what one looks like:

It's basically a paper bag with a flame underneath it, where the hot air caused by the flame causes the bag to lift.

They come in many sizes. They can be small, and even quite large.

If it looks like an orange-yellowish glowing ball of light, and it floats with the wind, possibly even flickering, chances are, it's a Chinese lantern.
Please note: using Green, or Blue colored paper can make the Chinese lantern look a different color.

The important thing is, if it's a glowing light in the sky, and it moves as would be expected of something at the wind's guidance, then, chances are, it's probably a Chinese lantern, regardless of whether there's any known festivals going on.

Note the video posted above - the people launching that lantern are NOT Chinese. Nor are they doing for a hoax. It would seem they're launching the lantern as a message for Santa Claus as indicated by the dialog in the video.

Lanterns could be launched for birthday parties, or graduation ceremonies, or any occasion, or no occasion at all. they're extremely cheap to purchase, and cheaper to make.

As said before, in looking at the OP video, I do NOT think the OP video is a Chinese lantern.

As said before, anyone filming lanterns, or any strange light in the sky that looks and acts like lanterns, and claims that the light is a UFO is sowing just as much disinformation if not more than the people that just arbitrarily label everything in every video as such.

edit on 13-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I Agree 100% Thank you for stating your opinion, then objectively backing it up with actual "sense". I just dont personaly like it when someone just jumps straight to lantern just cause they cant explain it or refuse to admit it falls under the category of "unknown". I stand just as firm with someone always claiming UFO, though I do admit I tend to give the UFO crowd a little more wiggle room if not for the simple fact that a Lantern is defined as "known" the moment it is stated as such while the very nature of someone claiming UFO means quite simply they dont know what it is and thus cannot define it. For anyone confused I mean this.. To person A they may know for fact it is a Lantern, perhaps because they set it in flight themselves, person B being at a different location and perspective cannot define it so to them it truly is a UFO, until proven otherwise.
edit on 7/13/2012 by anathema777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FX44rice

What kind of a burner is in a five foot chinese lantern? Kerosene, naptha, coleman fuel, giant candle?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

My question is why post articles or videos that have no facts whatsoever , no reference to who the "baffled experts are , and like a previous post said , videos of lights that do nothing to contribute to UFO research ! ATS, s motto is "deny ignorance " not promote ignorance !

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
why isnt there a picture of that guy with the hair from ancient aliens in this thread?
you people are getting sloppy
lol

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Duped again! Just another dot in the sky video! What a joke!

Wake me up when there is actually something to see! Not just a dot! Why do people even upload these things? And why on earth do people put them on here? Seriously who on earth is impressed by this crap?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
That's decent camera and a chinese lantern should have had much more definition, but it hadn't and I would say not a lantern. What it did look like was a very distant star, as the astronomer said, but it was moving, and that's why the astronomer was puzzled. Fakery aside, there is no easy explanation like aircraft or lanterns.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

No not puzzled , the experts were apparently "Baffled " by this blurry little light in the sky ! Can any one explain what benefit posting these videos of out of focus , little lights can bring to UFO research besides cluttering this site ? Don't get me wrong , I would love to believe all these things floating about are ETs but let's try to Deny Ignorance please !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join