It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troop movements in the UK some thing going on

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

There are always things going on...
Do you have any video or audio to share?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
hi im a new member ,this topic is talked about all over the world. And the world must be gearing up for a new world war..and the olympics could be the false flag.britain as given up its powers to brussels,millions of men died during world war 2 to for what, germany as ended up the ruler any way,were being dominated / dictated by the european parliment and the world econy is sinking faster than the titanic..population is getting out of controll .the world econy is govened by oil prices..so the middle east is holding the trump card...war is inevitable.....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I saw a helicopter carrying payloads by wire under the helicopter, the helicopter seemed to be carrying the loads to a field not far from disforth airfield (Royal Air Force/British Army station) then flying back to disforth.

I am not sure if this is normal or not, I was just travelling along the motorway and noticed it. This was 2 days ago.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
You guys need to stop stressing out over everything. If you had been reading the news, you'll see G4S #ed up big time and 3,500 soldiers are needed to fill in the void regarding Olympic Security. Yesterday, they were saying Police would have to be brought in too. All this "activity" is nothing more than the army switching people around. Use common sense, people!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JasonT
You guys need to stop stressing out over everything. If you had been reading the news, you'll see G4S #ed up big time and 3,500 soldiers are needed to fill in the void regarding Olympic Security. Yesterday, they were saying Police would have to be brought in too. All this "activity" is nothing more than the army switching people around. Use common sense, people!

What a load of absolute rubbish

Where was all this activity when all the "switching people around" had to be done when the binmen, fire service and fuel tankers went on strike or threatend to strike and the government had prepared the army to do those jobs while the strike happened. Those events would require the same amount, if not more soldiers than 3,500.

Also why would they need to move round hundreds of helicopters, fighters, tanks etc?

Use common sense.
edit on 14-7-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Ive never seen US airbases in the UK as a good thing, it just made us bigger target, no offence, but they dont deter a thing. As for troop movements ive not seen anything unusual on the ground but lots of air activity more than normal, but it is airshow season, in a Olympic and Jubilee year, theres been lots of ceremonial flypasts. I dont think there is a war coming, no one has the stomach for it, because if WWIII did start there would be no one left after ti star in the movies.

Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
We are getting a fair amount of traffic in and out of RAF Northolt, mostly choppers in the last two days BUT I'd base it on the fact they need troops for the G4S cock up and the fact the M4 (main route from Heathrow to central London and beyond) has only just reopened after emergency work.

Previously we had the Typhoons here for the 1 week training test for the Olympics, with RAF Northolt so close it was deafening...

No rumbling here bar the usual from Heathrow but then again RAF Northolt isn't that big a base so I doubt any underground work is going on there.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

if it was a war starting and it was to do with middles east i think Gibraltar airport would be busier that what it is ,i do find the fact that the police are not doing the security for the games strange as in Britain the police manage every other massive event no problem but for the games they got a private security company and the army its just not normal for Britain i only know of the army standing in if there are strikes like the fireman strikes i have never known them play this sort of roll you can correct me if am wrong

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwarfflex
some thing is going on. ? i had a lady share this with me today, i find what she shared interesting .

I live in Norfolk England between 3 airbases. I know this sounds crazy but I know the sounds from the bases when they are practicing with weapons and stuff. But lately I've seen a lot of trucks full of troops with ammo crates etc. this is not normal activity. Also of a nightime there's been odd noises and yet they are not planes or choppers they aren't thunder either? It sounds very deep and it grumbles. Do you think this is kind of weird? I lived here 13 years and I never heard nothin like thius before. And its also after midnight every time
edit on 12-7-2012 by dwarfflex because: (no reason given)

burrowing underground bases / bunkers perhaps?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by woodwytch

Obviously they’re getting ready to clash with whoever is blamed for the false flag disruption of the Olympics!

I guess that’s the same reason 3,500 more British troops have been assigned to the Olympics too.

Home Secretary Theresa May confirmed the government will deploy an additional 3,500 troops at the London Olympics amid concerns that the firm G4S - which had been enlisted to provide the bulk of the 13,200 private security guards across 100 Olympic venues - may not hit its target because of problems recruiting and training staff.
link

It's occurred to me that if there was specific intel of an attack on the Olympics which the alphabet agencies have have unable to lock down, then they'd want to 'upgrade' the security with the armed forces.

If TPTB came out and said this was the reason then no one in their right minds would go to the Olympics, London would be a ghost town and millions in tourist revenue etc would be lost.

They need a plausible reason to introduce the army, and everyone has found it pretty easy to believe that G4 is incapable.

However, are we to believe that the government really hadn't been keeping a close eye on G4's progress. They say not and are taking stick for it, but really, is it plausible that just 2 weeks before the games begin they discover there's a 30% shortfall in security staff :pus:

I think not - i think something stinks here and for once it's not government incompetence. I think indeed there's something we're not being told.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by dwarfflex

What makes you think this has anything to do with American troops?

Are these American bases?

edit on 12-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Where the OP lives in East Anglia is littered with USAF bases,examples being Thetford,Lakenheath and Upper Heyford.It was also in this area that the infamous Rendlesham incident took place.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by woodwytch

The Olympics, silly

As of 2 hours and 29 minutes ago, all airspace around London was sealed with only commercial traffic in their assigned corridors permitted. To back this up, significant air assets have been moved from around the country to London.

That certainly makes sense ... but it really draws the attention when there is so much activity going on overhead ... never seen so many low flying aircraft in my life ... quite the spectacle

Woody

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I live in Norfolk England between 3 airbases. I know this sounds crazy but I know the sounds from the bases when they are practicing with weapons and stuff.

Really? Does she? She's an expert?

But lately I've seen a lot of trucks full of troops with ammo crates etc. this is not normal activity.

Again, she's an expert on what's normal?

Also of a nightime there's been odd noises and yet they are not planes or choppers they aren't thunder either? It sounds very deep and it grumbles. Do you think this is kind of weird?

Not really, but she's the expert apparently.

I lived here 13 years and I never heard nothin like thius before. And its also after midnight every time.

Armies and air forces practice. I'd be more concerned if they didn't in all truthfulness.

edit on 13-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

Wow, that's brutal! So unless we're experts then we shouldn't discuss it. OK, well i better keep quiet about almost everything then and leave all discussion of anything possibly deemed unusual to experts.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
can somebody in england video all the troop movement and aircraft activities please as there is a media blackout of all that is going on
it would be nice to see what you have all posted about i don't mean its nice to see it happening just some video of the goings on would be good

seethetruth

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Over the past two days I've been at a local music festival (home because of the weather, the festival is now a mudsite) just next to where Farnborough is having their Airshow and next to Aldershot where they have a big army barracks. (about 4-5 miles from both). Also, these are both only about 30 miles from London, for those of you not familiar with the location.

Whilst I have been hearing fast jets a lot from one direction from Farnborough, We've been spotting Chinooks about 2-3 times a day heading towards Aldershot at about 200ft (when we haven't been distracted by usual festival activities of course!), so that's a bit unusual, definitely an increase in activity. We're also camped next to an armed forces guy who's having to work the Olympics (he doesn't say too much more, but he knows a lot about surface to air missles...)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

I would strongly advise against videoing troop movements etc. the MOD would not take kindly to that I wouldn't think... they changed the rules (maybe last year I can't remember) on filming the police and security services etc. The new 'anti-terror' law means you can't do this if it interferes with security.... From the Met police website:

"Photography and Section 43 of the Terrorism Act 2000
Officers have the power to stop and search a person who they reasonably suspect to be a terrorist. The purpose of the stop and search is to discover whether that person has in their possession anything which may constitute evidence that they are a terrorist.

Officers have the power to view digital images contained in mobile telephones or cameras carried by a person searched under S43 of the Terrorism Act 2000 to discover whether the images constitute evidence that the person is involved in terrorism. Officers also have the power to seize and retain any article found during the search which the officer reasonably suspects may constitute evidence that the person is a terrorist. This includes any mobile telephone or camera containing such evidence."

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour
reply to post by seethetruth

I would strongly advise against videoing troop movements etc. the MOD would not take kindly to that I wouldn't think... they changed the rules (maybe last year I can't remember) on filming the police and security services etc. The new 'anti-terror' law means you can't do this if it interferes with security.... From the Met police website:

"Photography and Section 43 of the Terrorism Act 2000
Officers have the power to stop and search a person who they reasonably suspect to be a terrorist. The purpose of the stop and search is to discover whether that person has in their possession anything which may constitute evidence that they are a terrorist.

Officers have the power to view digital images contained in mobile telephones or cameras carried by a person searched under S43 of the Terrorism Act 2000 to discover whether the images constitute evidence that the person is involved in terrorism. Officers also have the power to seize and retain any article found during the search which the officer reasonably suspects may constitute evidence that the person is a terrorist. This includes any mobile telephone or camera containing such evidence."

And that's just for filming the cops, you start filming the army and you're going to be in the doo-doos...

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

who cares about the terrorist act its all rubbish any way somebody needs to film it, just because they have made a law does not mean it has to be obeyed

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethetruth

who cares about the terrorist act its all rubbish any way somebody needs to film it, just because they have made a law does not mean it has to be obeyed

Well, without getting too far into the rights and wrongs of it (there's a law against stealing right? Who cares though? Doesnt mean they have to be obeyed.... Not all laws are bad laws, sometimes it actually IS important to protect national security, it's not ALL designed to opress you or whatever) my point really was that, if you do go filming the army then you'll get nicked (probably get a shoeing) and have your kit (lawfully I might add) confiscated... so.... I don't see that it's worth it myself...
You have to pick your battles mate, filming the army just because you can and you're going to prove it (i don't see what else would be gained by this, especially if they confiscate your gear) is a bit foolish in my opinion....

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

you have not come to the conclusion that 9/11 was fake there was no terrorists just look at the video footage of 9/11 they came strait down not to the left not to the right but strait down you can even see the squibs going off on the footage
come on smell the coffee wake up to whats really going on

and if your stupid enough to let them catch you filming then you deserve them taking it of you
edit on 14-7-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2012 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join