It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troop movements in the UK some thing going on

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The A-400 is not supposed to be replacing the C-17, it is to replace the C-130, so I highly doubt your story of the RAF saying fudge off. At any rate, what the MoD tells the RAF to fly is what they fly.. The RAF also speak highly of the A-400. My Uncle is actually the Wing Commander at Brize Norton where the UK's strategic airlift fleet is based.

The A-400 has had it's problems, but find me an aircraft which hasn't (F-22/F-117/F-35 and the C-17 to name a few). And while the C-17 can use "unprepared" runways, it is highly inadvisable as it risks damage to the airframe or engines. It is designed primarily to be used on paved runways. The A-400 can actually carry more fully equipped soldiers than the C-17 (108 compared to 102), operate at very low height unlike the C-17 and travel the same range, while being designed to use unprepared runways.

Oh, btw, the RAF's C-17's have all been purchased now and are owned by the RAF, not leased. The lease arrangement ended in 2008.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

Didn't irritate me, just pointing out that Russia has no need to move missiles anywhere.

Tis all good

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by dwarfflex

Is there a armored unit in your area? Tanks and APCs make quite a noise, especially at night when sound travels further. That could explain the odd, grumbling noises as Armor folk like to train at night.

Then why do the insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan call both the M-1 abrams and the Stryker whispering death?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Originally posted by Gridrebel
It sounds to me from this thread and others like it, countries/governments are getting their ducks in row. If you think about it, only an idiot would NOT be reacting.

"Reacting" to what?

People there has not a lot that has been said on this,I saw a little on MSM.But there is a X-CLASS SOLAR FLARE.This is the first time the CME has been known to be heading directly at earth.There have been smaller M-CLASS and some glancing blows by X-Class.But never a direct hit since the Carrington event in 1859.We will see by this time tomorrow.I will not be a doom monger look it up yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Troop movement?

Could be anything really.

Any guesses as to what might be causing the unusual sounds described?

The trigger when everyone new we were going to Iraq was when the Army requisitioned 200.000 porta potties.
Anyone in the potty biz get any big orders?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD

Originally posted by Ketzer22
That's weird you would post this- I live in the Columbus, OH area in a small suburb and yesterday I saw 3 different black military helicopters. This is a little out of the norm but where it gets really weird is the fact that I saw one circling around for several minutes before flying off to the north. Later, I saw one fly north over my work. Then, not more than 5 minutes later I saw another one flying south maybe 200 yards east of the path of the first one. Now that is strange.

Wednesday afternoon/evening here in Denver CO, I witnessed at least 3 blackhawk helicopters flying around the city. Not sure if it is related, but it seems the major "hotspots" (Denver, London, Montrael/Toranto) are all having large scale "drills" at the same time.

It might mean something, it might not...

Allright at first I thought this thread was goofy.But I can report the same black Helocopters in Cincinnati on Tues.I kept thinking of the scene from Good fellows

God Bless,

edit on 13-7-2012 by rockymcgilicutty because: spelling sure I missed some more

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You have proved my point and thank you for the information on the C-17 purchase as a total of only 4 C-17's were leased by the U.K. and which now has purchased 8 C-17's.

Delays in building the Airbus A400M military transport aircraft led to 715 million euros in costs in last year’s second quarter, and 191 million euros in the first six months. The model is four years behind schedule due to development problems chiefly related to the aircraft’s engine management system.

The A400M is NOT an adequate C-17 replacement and since the C-17 needs only a Pilot...a Co-Pilot and ONE LOADMASTER to operate as well as it's unparalleled Flight Stability with full load for IN-FLIGHT REFUELING...the RAF was smart enough to not only purchase the original four C-17's but buy four more for a total of eight as the A400M is STILL having issues.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Proved your point? Ok....Not sure what you mean though

But, you seem hung up on the A-400 being a C-17 replacement. It isn't. The C-17 was purchased as a stop gap, yes, but it now has it's own role within the RAF. The A-400 is supposed to be replacing the C-130J's. The two aircraft will be used side by side. The RAF has an order for soemthing like 22 A-400's to replace a similiar amount of C-130's.

As for your comments on the delays, problems and cost overruns of the A-400, I might advise you to look up the development history of the C-17 itself. It too had LOADS of problems, from load balancing, landing gear, maximum take off weights, flight control systems and had difficulty landing on wet runways shorter than 3,000ft when under full load, so much so it is recommended not to use a runway of less than 5,000ft. Obviously, in the UK where it rains every bloody day, this is an issue.

It also blew through the better part of $40 Billion before the first squadron went active and the total programme cost was something like $51 Billion for a total of 230 aircraft.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by caf1550

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by woodwytch

Hey there dwarfflex ... I live in North Yorkshire on the edge of the moors (not too far from Fylingdale the American early warning station) and over the last couple of weeks I have noticed more air activity than normal but today has been ridiculous with helicopters and planes flying over almost every 5 - 10 mins but was unable to see a thing because they were all above cloud level ... this went on pretty much all day ... never seen it like that before ever.
Woody

Exactly the same kind of activity in Canada near Montreal north shore every 5 min a B29 flying quite low
first time in 15 yrs that i see that in my area
I would like to point out that the US airforce does not use B29's at all anymore.
I hope its a typo.
Did it look like this?
B29

I said it before but why do people have to show their superior intelect.A civillian saw a plane.By the way the russians still fly the TU-160 bear bomer.Which is a complete copy of the B-29.Now someone correct my grammer or spelling if it helps your ego.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Uhhh...YOU were the one that brought up the A-400M as being the replacement NOT ME! There was to be an Airbus Cargo Jet not Turboprop Jet. And you are right that the A-400M is larger but what was supposed to be developed by Airbus never made it out of simulations.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Just so you know, there is only (1) flying B29 left in the world and it is stationed at Midland Texas CAF facilities.
Whatever B?? you are talking about, it must be B2 Bombers or B1 Bombers that you keep hearing.

Well, B 52s are still widely used as well. They are a freaking powerhouse of a bomber.

There are thousands of pre positioned armored vehicles and plenty of arms and ammo in europe.All that
is needed is men that is why the Goverment bails out the airlines they own them and can take everyone if needed in time of war.The stockpiles should last minimum of 30 days.Long enough for the ships to arrive.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The B-29 was the type of Bomber that dropped the two Atomic Bombs on Japan. The only B-29 I know of that can still fly does so during an Air Show.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I think its more than likely that something is planned for London during the Olympics, I mean is it just a coincidence that it is also the Queens Diamond Jubilee?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Uhhh...YOU were the one that brought up the A-400M as being the replacement NOT ME!

What do you mean by this statement then?

The Ministry of Defense has tried to convince the RAF to drop the C-17's and go with the Airbus Version but the RAF Leadership has told the Ministry to F#@% OFF! I don't blame them.

There was to be an Airbus Cargo Jet not Turboprop Jet.

The FIMA group was not set up to consider such a thing, it was always supposed to be a turboprop. What is a turboprop jet, btw?

Airbus Military do have a jet transport though, it's called the A330 MRTT and is in service now. Not only is it a Tanker, but can also carry almost 400 people or be converted to carry cargo.

And you are right that the A-400M is larger but what was supposed to be developed by Airbus never made it out of simulations.

Not sure what you mean by this statement. The A-400 is in production, now.

A C-17 only needs a crew of 3 Airmen to operate

Just thought I'd point this out too, an A-400 only has 2 pilots and a loadmaster as well! .

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

Yes, it is.

Otherwise what you're saying is that when the Olympics were first conceived (back in 1894!!!), they not only foresaw the birth of Lizzy, but also WW2 (which postponed the Games) and also Lizzies fathers death so they could time the London 2012 Olympics with the 60th Anniversary of the Queens accession.

Such a thing is not possible.

EDIT: Oh and don;t forget Lizzies Uncles abdication as well.... Whoever planned the two to coincide would have to have seen the future.
edit on 13/7/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonKapital

I think its more than likely that something is planned for London during the Olympics, I mean is it just a coincidence that it is also the Queens Diamond Jubilee?

I know this is slightly off topic but it makes me feel all the safer when I think of all the U.S. Military Bases in use in the U.K. as the rest of the Country is enamoured with a Multi-Billionaires Celebration of timed served doing nothing but being pampered.

This is the kind of talk that makes U.S. Citizens sick to their stomachs.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

A Turboprop uses a Jet engine to turn the props.

Airbus had on it's drawing table something very close to the C-17 but it did not produce it.

The A-400M is not what the RAF wanted as the replacement for the C-130.

This is why the RAF bought 8 C-17's even though the A-400M was ready as it could NOT do the same job.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by seethetruth

Oh, I know all about the supposed Illuminati, NWO and Bilderberg.. I've been knocking around these boards for 8 years now.

And, as a result of being around for so long and having seen so many of these types of predictions about the supposed NWO planning to cull, imprison, enslave or sell us out to shapeshifting aliens come and go, I'm not entirely convinced that said theories have much basis in fact.

Now, I'm not ruling them out 100%, but I am seriously sceptical. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

Um, yes it is like the boy who cried wolf. If I remember the story, the little boy got eaten at the end. One way to prevent public outcry is to make it into such a repetitious soap story that we all have your very same opinion.

Then we get eaten.

P

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
your all blabbing on about air craft and thats got nothing to do with the thread start your own thread about aircraft you could even start it on another site hows that

iv only just joined this site and all i see is a lot of people talking crap and nothing about what there supposed to be talking about

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

So why Bitch when you could be talking about it? Double Standard?

The Aircraft issue was one that is connected to the topic as to whether it is American Planes or U.K. Purchased American planes. The rumble heard could very easily come from C-17 Jet Engines being tested for a long run and this is a low frequency rumble that can be heard for many, many miles.

So...what do you have to contribute...S.T.?

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join