It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American troop movements in the UK some thing going on

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

Is there a armored unit in your area? Tanks and APCs make quite a noise, especially at night when sound travels further. That could explain the odd, grumbling noises as Armor folk like to train at night.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The amount of times over the past few years, even with the latest storms floods in the UK when you here the statement, ive lived here all my life , never seen this before. i was in Russia, when they invaded Afghanistan, right by the Baltic docks, next to an American ship called the Lord Nelson, we watched the whole Baltic fleet put to sea, while in Russia, i saw scale models of the United Kingdom, London, every strategic target was marked, military

bases, government nerve centers, power stations, telecommunications, ect all targets could be hit within 24 hours, the most targets were in East Anglia , i also went on board one of America,s largest Aircraft carriers in Malaga, Spain, i was shown around the control room, the comment was made , that there are thousands of control rooms, once it starts, there will be such a chain reaction, unlike the world has ever seen. its interesting to in the bible
codes, in the Tora, Obama,s name comes up in Ezekiel 38 , what happens in Ezekiel 38/39 Russia Mog and Gog comes down from the far North, like an avalanche, through Europe to the Middle East, but are stopped at Israel.www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
For sure under Mildenhall and Lakenheath large US bases in Norfolk, uk not far from here, they will have under ground facility's to

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
what was interesting to when i was in Russia, Russian generals were boasting, their troops would wash their feet in the Indian ocean by 2010. Russia like the West are playing chess, the pieces keep moving , both have their strategy agenda,s and master plan, China to.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I live in Norfolk England between 3 airbases. I know this sounds crazy but I know the sounds from the bases when they are practicing with weapons and stuff.

Really? Does she? She's an expert?

But lately I've seen a lot of trucks full of troops with ammo crates etc. this is not normal activity.

Again, she's an expert on what's normal?

Also of a nightime there's been odd noises and yet they are not planes or choppers they aren't thunder either? It sounds very deep and it grumbles. Do you think this is kind of weird?

Not really, but she's the expert apparently.

I lived here 13 years and I never heard nothin like thius before. And its also after midnight every time.

Armies and air forces practice. I'd be more concerned if they didn't in all truthfulness.

edit on 13-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Your friend is right. I live close to the Stanta military training ground (covers 2% of the county of Norfolk and includes agricultural land) near Thetford forest and there has been an increase in activity, both aerial and on the ground. Sometimes, it sounds like living in a war zone, with machine gun fire and bomb explosions along with low flying Chinnooks, jets, drones and single rotor choppers. There has been an increase in night time activity including explosions and machine gun fire but is relatively quiet in the air.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Is there a armored unit in your area? Tanks and APCs make quite a noise, especially at night when sound travels further. That could explain the odd, grumbling noises as Armor folk like to train at night.

I can confirm tracked vehicles make those kind of noises on pavement. I was wondering a few days the same during worktime when i heard that noise outside. That is, till i saw one crossing my path i understand where the sound came from.. ;-)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
UK avalanche death climbers named
Two men from the same North Yorkshire village are named as among the three Britons who died in Thursday's avalanche in the French Alps 'Will Russian forces descend like an avalanche upon Europe and the UK

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I read somewhere on BBC yesterday that the company who was paid 30 million pounds (or whatever it was) for supplying security in the form of 10,000 guards for the Olympics ... is SHORT by 3,500 security men. They (the government?) are going to makeup for the shortfall in manpower with English (or UK?) troops. Maybe you can find the story. It pretty well explains a load of troop movement that isn't normal Summer training.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I just returned home from Norfolk last night after a week long visit with family. Being a keen nature photographer I was out every day walking. I am used to the usual amount of military air traffic up there but even I noticed an increase this week. Twice, whilst out walking, there were streams of fast jets passing overhead, rather than the usual pairs or fours - the two largest streams I counted consisted of a dozen aircraft each.

Not saying it means anything, but just an observation!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ok relax ............just a little though

There is 6 concurrent training exercises going on in SE England ( predominatly Norfolk, predominatly Brits, but other nations are involved

It's coming up to the battle group handover in afghan
Stanta training area is the main 'hub' where all units conduct their final training exercises before deployment to afghan/ME

currently there is
An army battle group
2 other army/airforce platoons ( jtacs/FACS ect )
A commando company
A RAF infantry company
2 platoons of other trades ( medics, police, ect ) conducting their final training / mission rehursals
A company there on a promotion course
Longbow apaches
Chinooks
Lynx/ possible wildcat
F-15e's
All the vehicles associated with these units - and the use of the Brits new armoured fighting vehicle
And a new close quarter battle school just built near by
And this is just half of what's there

I'm currently in Norfolk as I'm involved in training a number of these troops at the moment before heading back out
Infact I'll be in Thetford this avo shopping ( local sausages and black pud )
Hmmmmmmm pig mmmmmmmmmm

edit on 13-7-2012 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Its called the Olympics

15 days to go, and we have American military assistance.

And yes, there are at least 5 US bases in the UK to help with their ECHELON programme, the largest holds 17,000 troops.

Not that its common knowledge, as they are evasively named UK RAF bases.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Something I will add

You've named 2 of the 3 bases near you and I can't help but think your getting distracted by the obvious big fish

The camp you haven't named is the one YOU should be most interested in
Yes mildenhall and lakenheath have SOME interesting units and hardware there - either perminatly or attached
However this third base

Is one of the few bases that consistently had money and resources thrown at it, and is ever expanding
On my last visit - a few months ago - there was a MASSIVE drive to overhaul ALL the electrical systems and infrastructure - just as the peak CME season started - made me think !

Has had MORE combat infantry troops stationed there

Has one of the longest runways in England of about 2 miles ( its a 5 mile run around the apron/perry track )
Still remains active although no aircraft are stationed there - but is registered as an emergency runway for returning space shuttles ( due to its location and length )

Used to house the Brits airborne nuclear deterrent ! - but has now all gone to the navy
Thus has nuclear bomb shelters and underground facilities for protection from preemptive attacks for the pilots and mission command centre

( consider its non use now coupled with strength of forces based there - and money thrown at said camp - and it's proximity yet safe distance from London ! With its underground facilities ! )

The possible underground storage of chemical weapons at one of its satellite camps

I just think you might be looking the wrong way

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That's weird you would post this- I live in the Columbus, OH area in a small suburb and yesterday I saw 3 different black military helicopters. This is a little out of the norm but where it gets really weird is the fact that I saw one circling around for several minutes before flying off to the north. Later, I saw one fly north over my work. Then, not more than 5 minutes later I saw another one flying south maybe 200 yards east of the path of the first one. Now that is strange.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dwarfflex
Russian war ships head for Syria

propheticseer.com...

I checked everywhere to confirm this news and found no official source talking about. Is that site reliable?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Consider this...

The current sabre rattling with Iran is getting everyone worried about troop build ups, and the usual prestaging areas for US forces going into the Middle East before the Iraq Wars was Germany. The Russians have long kept a keen eye on US military movements there and would know pretty quickly about any changes in equipment and personnel levels in Deutchsland.

The UK, however, provides another well-guarded location which is harder for Russian intelligence agents to gather and identify activity than the bases in Germany.

The timing of these exercises, ending right before the Olympics begin, set the stage for the US to be able to flex from the UK to either Iran or Syria after the games (or god forbid, during) if the need arises.

./endtheorycrafting

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Start worrying when you see something like this:

As regards the Olympics, I personally have bad vibes about it, all this crap about missiles, planes, and boats on stand-by, in case anything unauthorised enters London airspace has got to be total crock. Totally over the top, and totally unnecessary. Surely they would just step up security at the Airports, and planes should always be on stand-by. Are they trying to reinforce the 9/11 BS official story with their over dramtic precautions?

This could be nothing, and has been noted by others but the Olympic stadium that has pyramid lights, with the lights only at the top, looks exactly like the pyramid and all seeing eye on the American bank notes, and the eye is lit up. That could very well be just a coincidence, but it's strikingly similar, and seems to be symbolic. I would hedge my bets that something does happen at the olympics, and it wont be planes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Seeing as the Olympics is coming up I'm not surprised one bit, they started the air security today, maybe this is why your hearing planes

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeyTookErJeobs
Seeing as the Olympics is coming up I'm not surprised one bit, they started the air security today, maybe this is why your hearing planes

There are plenty more air bases closer to London though, the OP's location is not that close to London. RAF Northholt is fairly close, it would make more sense to base planes there.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You are all blowing hot and cold, too many experts telling people like me they know more than I am being informed about from departments who know the truth, I think quite a lot on here are good reporters of things going on today, but some experts shoot the one's who are right down in flames because they are aggressive and dominating in there nature, they are most dangerous people, and do often prevent people saying the truth.
I can tell you 100% truth that the UK games security situation is a mess and it should have been left to troops from the start, not tin pot private money firms.
In a test this week people were able to take metal guns, battons, bombs into a main area and not one of the private security people noticed any of it.
I can tell you too that some people were interviewed for a security post, given uniform, and never went back, which now means that we dont know where 30% of those suits are, anyone can go dressed in one and get in with a pass card.
We also know that people who have come to the UK in the last 7 years as sleepers took part in building the London games buildings and laying grounds.
So if you go to the games do not concern yourself, you will be safe, as safe as people feel in Syria and Iraq anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join