It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$9+ Billion to Israel on the backs of American taxpayers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Are you planning to vote in the upcoming election? Here's the kind of representation your previous votes have gotten you.

"The United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012". It was introduced by Senator Barbara Boxer on 3/6/12 with 71 Cosponsors.

The House passed their version [H.R.4133] on May 9, pledging unlimited loyalty and riches to our "special friend" Israel, with only two congressman dissenting- Ron Paul and Democrat John Dingell of Michigan.

The U.S. Senate passed their version on Friday June 29, 2012. Known in the Senate as S.2165, the measure guaranteed an astonishing $9 billion dollars in loans to Israel (plus all fees and interest!) in addition to giving "military assistance- stockpiles of defense articles" valued at $200 million for 2013 and $200 million for 2014.

So. American voters are being put out on the street with nothing but the clothes on their backs due to the cr@p these jacka$$e$ write. And people keep voting for them.

Initially seeking documentation of which way turncoat Rand Paul voted on this treasonous bill, I tried to find the roll call votes. But as Harry Reid pointed out during the session, "THE NEXT ROLL CALL VOTE WILL BE AT NOON ON TUESDAY, JULY 10". The Senators passed this bill anonymously, in a so-called "voice vote"!

According to the Senate website, a "voice vote" is "A vote in which the presiding officer states the question, then asks those in favor and against to say "Yea" or "Nay," respectively, and announces the result according to his or her judgment. The names or numbers of senators voting on each side are not recorded.".

There just doesn't seem to be any way to demonstrate our deep gratitude. [/sarcasm]

The bill will soon be sent to Obama for his signature. By going to thomas.loc.gov... and typing the term United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act of 2012 in the search box, one can read full details on both the house and senate versions of this bill.

Of course the "O" will veto it, just like he vetoed NDAA.

libertyfight.com...

edit on 12-7-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2012 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

its no surprise

America is broke

with leadership like

this..
edit on 12-7-2012 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous but it's not suprising.
America already sacrificed 3000 citizens for Israel back in '01 so nothing shocks me anymore.
edit on 12-7-2012 by ThedeadeyesofCharlieSheen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
They want to cut foodstamps, yet they gladly continue wasting our legal tender on foreign aid...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I've been trying to think of any other country that wouldn't have had these guys decorating the lamp posts a long time ago. We can't even put together a protest that can hold a candle to the people of Mexico, for cryin' out loud.

When are we going to open our windows and scream "I'm tired of this and I'm not taking it anymore"? When?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
9 billion dollars is not that much money at the levels of government and nation states. It is a drop in the ocean (literally) compared to the money spent on the bailouts. I think that is far more worthy of your ire, not a small western nation surrounded on all sides by fanatical zealots. France funded the American Revolution. If not for them, the U.S. today would be more like Canada or Australia. If the U.S. can't find it within their hearts to support Israel then they truly are morally bankrupt. Good thing AIPAC is so strong with such rampant nihilism around, it needs to be.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
9 billion dollars is not that much money at the levels of government and nation states. It is a drop in the ocean (literally) compared to the money spent on the bailouts.

+1 to this.
If you're genuinely upset, perhaps you, as a taxpayer, should be insisting upon shares in all the companies bailed out by your tax dollars.

That would only be fair, would it not? If it had been any other investor bailing a company out, they'd be seeking significant equity in that company in return for their investment, and for the risk taken in funding a company on the brink of collapse.

US taxpayers need to stand up and start demanding equity for their bailout dollars. Make your government accountable for the (non-existent) money they're spending!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
9 billion dollars is not that much money at the levels of government and nation states. It is a drop in the ocean (literally) compared to the money spent on the bailouts. I think that is far more worthy of your ire, not a small western nation surrounded on all sides by fanatical zealots. France funded the American Revolution. If not for them, the U.S. today would be more like Canada or Australia. If the U.S. can't find it within their hearts to support Israel then they truly are morally bankrupt. Good thing AIPAC is so strong with such rampant nihilism around, it needs to be.

Yeah, the US is so big hearted that it allows its own children to go to bed hungry and its own people to live in tents and cars so the Israelis can have plenty of weapons to threaten and attack all those "mad" neighbors they can't co-exist with in peace. And Israel isn't a small western nation, its a theocracy that treats its minority people like dogs.

And yes, the bailouts are another reason to fire them all. How many reasons do we need?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

9 billion dollars is not that much money at the levels of government and nation states. It is a drop in the ocean (literally) compared to the money spent on the bailouts. I think that is far more worthy of your ire

Everyone was pissed off about the bailouts but that is not the focus of this thread.

not a small western nation surrounded on all sides by fanatical zealots.

Israel is a small nation, yes. It is hardly western and it is just as fanitical as it's neighbours. It has proven that time and time again. Operation cast lead was a prime example at how murderous and fanitical Israel really is.

France funded the American Revolution. If not for them, the U.S. today would be more like Canada or Australia.

What has this got to do with anything? The two situations you are comparing are completely different.

If the U.S. can't find it within their hearts to support Israel then they truly are morally bankrupt. Good thing AIPAC is so strong with such rampant nihilism around, it needs to be.

I don't find it morally bankrupt to not support a theiving, murderous, theocratic regime which is responsible for a lot of the misery and suffering in the Middle east. I guess I'm just heartless.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If this were truly the "land of the free and home of the brave" I wouldn't despise it so much.

The USA is sincerely full of cowards and tyrants.

When I was young and truly believed all the bs I was so proud. Now I hate this place.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lives
If this were truly the "land of the free and home of the brave" I wouldn't despise it so much.

The USA is sincerely full of cowards and tyrants.

When I was young and truly believed all the bs I was so proud. Now I hate this place.

Its doubt if its the place you hate, just what it has become and that includes hating what we LET it become while we were being so proud and boastful. But the nation was always traveling down this path, we just didn't know who was driving the bus and we couldn't see what was around the bend.

You're in good company, though, many of us feel the same way.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
If they are going to set up an military base (Israel) the least they can do is to fund and equip it, which they do.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
wow
never heard of a voice vote
This should be all over the news every hour every day
Horrible

Please wake up people, I don't like the "Vote your conscience" proverb
I prefer "Vote Your Brain"

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
9 Billion is peanuts, check out where 300-400 billion a year goes...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
9 Billion is peanuts, check out where 300-400 billion a year goes...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was once banned from a forum for talking about it, so yes, I am totally familiar with that "tax".

And thanks for linking that thread, I hadn't seen it before.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It's only paper, just print more of it and fill the hole. !!!

top topics

join